Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

the colony of skrulls in the marvels is the faction talos mentioned that didn't answer the call to earth, also im assuming if this was pre-secret invasion talos would be involved; unfortunately i don't think we can rationally place the marvels before secret invasion personally and im caught between two trains of thought on how to handle the marvels:

- the marvels retroactively moves ant-man and secret invasion back to 2025 and we have to assume that the "kill all alien species" order on earth was already out of effect within weeks by the time of the holiday special
(this would also somewhat explain how/why valkyrie would be comfortable bringing the skrulls back to new asgard, although i'm also willing to assume that she would invite any kind of displaced species there specifically and protecting them from any xenophobes who would kill anyone they assume is replaced by a skrull)
; this doesn't affect the placement of guardians 3 at all

-or-

- the marvels can be looked at like eternals or moon knight, production woes forced their hand in accelerating the timeline and time constraints/sloppiness is leading to the 2025 evidence here ala ajak's "5 years ago"

if they dont have someone behind the scenes who can go through the years and properly calculate characters' ages id be more happy with them just being omitted lol, i really thought the placements for ant-man and secret invasion were solid
I think it has to be 2025. Now way it takes place long after Ms. Marvel. No way at all. I don't think Quantumania has to move, only Secret Invasion.

This also fixes the age of Kate Bishop. Cassie doesn't matter at all. What she did in Ant Man 3 makes no difference to what Kamala said about "Ant-Man's daughter" (or whatever she said). She was already Ant-Manning around without her dad knowing, so who's to say S.A.B.E.R.'s intel isn't based off of that, rather than what actually happened in the Ant Man 3 movie?

Last edited:
I think it has to be 2025. Now way it takes place long after Ms. Marvel. No way at all. I don't think Quantumania has to move, only Secret Invasion.

This also fixes the age of Kate Bishop. Cassie doesn't matter at all. What she did in Ant Man 3 makes no difference to what Kamala said about "Ant-Man's daughter" (or whatever she said). She was already Ant-Manning around without her dad knowing, so who's to say S.A.B.E.R.'s intel isn't based off of that, rather than what actually happened in the Ant Man 3 movie?
what about the holiday special?

That's one option I guess.
That kinda sets up her going to jail at the start of Ant-Man 3, but did they say she was trying to be a superhero like her dad at the start of that? It's been so long since I've seen it.

Nope: She's just a protester at the start of Ant-Man 3. A social justice person. Not a vigilante.

Theory regarding What If's leaked/rumored season 2 info:

Strange Supreme might be re-appearing.
1.) Hoping they set him up becoming the Sinister Strange from Dr Strange 2.

2.) I think Magic and Doctor Strange to some degree is definitely involved in the creation of Kang's Multiverse Engine Core.
No way that was built from nothing. Marvel's too smart with its lore to not explain it somehow. They vaguely insinuated it's all made from "possibility" and encompassed all the different outcomes of reality.
1699878614934.png

what about the holiday special?
What about it? It's fine where it is at the end of 2025. Secret Invasion would occur simultaneously with Ms. Marvel and the main part of Love and Thunder and then The Marvels followed by Holiday Special. In my picture of the book here, Marvels would slot between Ms. Marvel and Love and Thunder.

Attachments

• 20231113_060955.jpg
    20231113_060955.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 8
That's one option I guess.
That kinda sets up her going to jail at the start of Ant-Man 3, but did they say she was trying to be a superhero like her dad at the start of that? It's been so long since I've seen it.

Nope: She's just a protester at the start of Ant-Man 3. A social justice person. Not a vigilante.
What did they mention about Cassie or was in the files they had about her in The Marvels? Pretty sure it was nothing. It can just be about her general running around shrinking and growing that she mentions to her dad that she's been doing for a while. Even if Scott didn't notice, others (like SABER) might have. Besides she could have been "Ant-Woman" during the blip for all we know.

What did they mention about Cassie or was in the files they had about her in The Marvels? Pretty sure it was nothing. It can just be about her general running around shrinking and growing that she mentions to her dad that she's been doing for a while. Even if Scott didn't notice, others (like SABER) might have. Besides she could have been "Ant-Woman" during the blip for all we know.
While it is possible that's true, I think it's pretty obvious the intention of putting that reference in was that Quantumania had already happened

Look at Winter Soldier and Ant Man 1. They both mentioned heroes (Dr Strange/ Spider-Man) we havent seen before. Well I guess the best thing is to see what Disney Plus does. I'm guessing/ hoping that they'll move Secret Invasion before Ms. Marvel and then put The Marvels after it. Honestly, they can just erase Secret Invasion from existence. The ONLY good thing about it was that one lady (forgot her name). Bonus would be that Maria, Talos and his wife can still be alive as well.

I was talking about the argument for it being 2026 but if The Marvels got pushed back to 2025, Cassie wouldn't even be brought up.

Look at Winter Soldier and Ant Man 1. They both mentioned heroes (Dr Strange/ Spider-Man) we havent seen before. Well I guess the best thing is to see what Disney Plus does. I'm guessing/ hoping that they'll move Secret Invasion before Ms. Marvel and then put The Marvels after it. Honestly, they can just erase Secret Invasion from existence. The ONLY good thing about it was that one lady (forgot her name). Bonus would be that Maria, Talos and his wife can still be alive as well.
The difference between those tho is like you said they hadn't appeared yet, Cassie has but you're not wrong that it's a possibility still.

The difference between those tho is like you said they hadn't appeared yet, Cassie has but you're not wrong that it's a possibility still.
I almost think that, but they say she was just a protestor prior to 2026. Not a very good one it seems if she kept getting arrested.
I don't see why she would be of importance until she became Stature (a superhero).

I was talking about the argument for it being 2026 but if The Marvels got pushed back to 2025, Cassie wouldn't even be brought up.
Wasn't the only thing said something like, "I heard Scott Lang had a daugher"? That could mean anything. We know Cassie wasn't snapped. What about Kamala/ Kate? I forget who said that line, Kamala right? Nothing said she was snapped, I don't think. She could have heard about an "Ant-Woman" in 2019 or 2020.

Wasn't the only thing said something like, "I heard Scott Lang had a daugher"? That could mean anything. We know Cassie wasn't snapped. What about Kamala/ Kate? I forget who said that line, Kamala right? Nothing said she was snapped, I don't think. She could have heard about an "Ant-Woman" in 2019 or 2020.
Forgive me, I haven't seen The Marvels yet. So I don't how it was worded or the context.
I'll look for it when I'm able to find a clip or transcript, but IMO it seems the creative intentions were post-Quantumania.

I think if Ant-Woman or something to that degree was public enough for Kamala to hear of then it wouldn't have been a secret from Scott

I think if Ant-Woman or something to that degree was public enough for Kamala to hear of then it wouldn't have been a secret from Scott
Unless it happened during the blip. Cassie did mention (and show) that she already had a suit, and she seemed to know how to use it pretty well. Had to have done this sometime off screen. If she was growing to giant size, that would be pretty hard to miss.
Besides all that, she may have not gotten the intel from the device, she literally might have just "heard he has a daughter" just as she says.

Unless it happened during the blip. Cassie did mention (and show) that she already had a suit, and she seemed to know how to use it pretty well. Had to have done this sometime off screen. If she was growing to giant size, that would be pretty hard to miss.
Besides all that, she may have not gotten the intel from the device, she literally might have just "heard he has a daughter" just as she says.
IIRC She grew to giant form for the first time during Quantumania. But honestly it real could go either way. I think the implication that it was Post-Quantumania is clear but like the reference was vauge enough for that to be ignored if necessary

IIRC She grew to giant form for the first time during Quantumania. But honestly it real could go either way. I think the implication that it was Post-Quantumania is clear but like the reference was vauge enough for that to be ignored if necessary
Sometimes we have to do stuff like that when movies/ shows are delayed for whatever reason. I think the reference is vague enough to not really matter. It can easily be assumed that if a known superhero has a child, most likely they will take up the "family business". Much like back in Winter Soldier, Steven Strange was just a medical doctor, but for some reason he was important enough to keep tabs on.

@Starvel, not that it really matters much, but I think that you forgot to add the post credits scene from Quantumania to the Loki S2 section, just for completeness.

Latest posts

Back