Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

Guess we'll find out. Fingers crossed.
Not mine. I want all of the mutants NOW. I want the next two Avengers movies to have EVERY MCU hero that's currently alive, including Blade, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Daredevil and whatever versions of Xmen they use. Well just the heroes in the main universe, anyway. That's what my fingers are crossed for.

Last edited:
Not mine. I want all of the mutants NOW. I want the next two Avengers movies to have EVERY MCU hero that's currently alive. Well just the ones in the main universe, along with whatever versions of Xmen they decide to bring over. That's what my fingers are crossed for.
Personally for when they get mutants I'd love to see instead of the Mutant Saga is the Onslaught Saga. Plant the Mutants now so less building of them there

Not mine. I want all of the mutants NOW. I want the next two Avengers movies to have EVERY MCU hero that's currently alive, including Blade, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Daredevil and whatever versions of Xmen they use. Well just the heroes in the main universe, anyway. That's what my fingers are crossed for.
I feel like they're saving their own mutants for after Secret Wars. There's already going to be a huge number of characters without introducing these ones and I'm sure we'll still get mutants through the Fox variants.

Are the animated shorts The Untold Tales of the Eternals canon for the MCU?

Are the animated shorts The Untold Tales of the Eternals canon for the MCU?
Funny, I've never heard of these before. I can't check them out right now, but the youtube description does say it's brought to us by Marvel Studios, so if they're actually stories we could place on the timeline, we should.

Funny, I've never heard of these before. I can't check them out right now, but the youtube description does say it's brought to us by Marvel Studios, so if they're actually stories we could place on the timeline, we should.
I see no reason to. They're not even "animated", just still photos of character designs with narration telling the viewer who they are.

I see no reason to. They're not even "animated", just still photos of character designs with narration telling the viewer who they are.
Those are the character introductions, I agree those don't add anything. But the "Untold tales" series are still events that happened in the MCU (I've only watched the Ikaris & Sersi one, wasn't anything substantial, but I'd put it in the same category as the Spidey NBA or driving lesson videos).

I've personally always went with Spring around the movie's release. Even if you want to use AoS as evidence, S1 had a March calendar in the episode prior to The Winter Solider and there's the Black Widow prelude comic using the April date. I feel AoS only used the winter line to make their One Year Later work, but I feel it still can if you just assume the year later isn't meant to be exact. Plus the weather throughout the movie looks nothing like January in D.C. (given when it was shot, it makes sense). I just think the intent from Marvel Studios was for the movie to be around Spring/Summer 2014.

I've personally always went with Spring around the movie's release. Even if you want to use AoS as evidence, S1 had a March calendar in the episode prior to The Winter Solider and there's the Black Widow prelude comic using the April date. I feel AoS only used the winter line to make their One Year Later work, but I feel it still can if you just assume the year later isn't meant to be exact. Plus the weather throughout the movie looks nothing like January in D.C. (given when it was shot, it makes sense). I just think the intent from Marvel Studios was for the movie to be around Spring/Summer 2014.
I agree. I think we should change it on here to reflect that. Anyone else agree?

I agree. I think we should change it on here to reflect that. Anyone else agree?
I'm good with it too. If people want the change just like this comment, if you don't comment why. If a lot of people want the change I'll make it later tonight after everyone's had a good few hours to see this and make their opinion knows

Rewatching Homecoming, I noticed the students are wearing name tags in the decathlon saying it's September.

spiderman-homecoming-movie-screencaps.com-6870.jpg

This would make the timeline of the movie:
-September 8: beginning
-September 9: the party (Liz later says this was on Friday)
-September 10: examining the gadget in shop class (this is on Saturday, but they mention this is the day after the party)
-September 13: going to Washington
-September 14: Washington Monument
-September 19: detention and talking to Karen
-September 20: interrogation and ferry
-September 23: the homecoming dance
-September 26: Avengers compound

Last edited:
Rewatching Homecoming, I noticed the students are wearing name tags in the decathlon saying it's September.

View attachment 1266
I've noticed that before and while Homecoming has its share of timeline issues, that on top of the September poster were enough for me to go with it over October. Plus the weather feels more late Summer than Fall. Edit: Your timeline is pretty much what I personally have. It's weird they're in school on a Saturday, but like you said it's the day after the party. I just assume they had access to the school for some reason.

View attachment 1266

This would make the timeline of the movie:
-September 8: beginning
-September 9: the party (Liz later says this was on Friday)
-September 10: examining the gadget in shop class (this is on Saturday, but they mention this is the day after the party)
-September 13: going to Washington
-September 14: Washington Monument
-September 19: detention and talking to Karen
-September 20: interrogation and ferry
-September 23: the homecoming dance
-September 26: Avengers compound
On my timeline, I actually had the shop class scene on September 12th. I know Peter tells Ned he'll see him at school tomorrow, but I feel the 12th is more logical than the 10th. It places the scene on the Monday after the Friday party which should be their first day back at school, Ned talks to the kid at Chess Club where we can see a poster that they meet on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and it places Peter finding out he can use the decathlon to investigate Toomes men the night before the team leaves. This makes sense with him asking at the last minute to rejoin the team as it would be the following day.

The line about seeing Ned at school tomorrow could be chalked up to another case of the movie not paying attention to the timeline (just another example).

On my timeline, I actually had the shop class scene on September 12th. I know Peter tells Ned he'll see him at school tomorrow, but I feel the 12th is more logical than the 10th. It places the scene on the Monday after the Friday party which should be their first day back at school, Ned talks to the kid at Chess Club where we can see a poster that they meet on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and it places Peter finding out he can use the decathlon to investigate Toomes men the night before the team leaves. This makes sense with him asking at the last minute to rejoin the team as it would be the following day.

The line about seeing Ned at school tomorrow could be chalked up to another case of the movie not paying attention to the timeline (just another example).
I agree, but Far From Home Prelude also says it's the day after the party.

Latest posts

Back