Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

I suppose you could say it's the first TV-MA series in the MCU franchise, but not the first TV-MA series set in the MCU. As time goes on, canon denial will only get harder, especially with Echo.
The Daredevil S2 costume is from a flashback. As in, they're literally acknowledging that Daredevil happened in the MCU.

And boom.

"It's one of the core relationships in the entire series, the relationship between Kingpin and Maya, and we'll come to sort of find out that he's become a kind of surrogate father to her," Freeland explains. But even though he might be a father figure, he's still the same Fisk viewers have come to know, and fear, over the years. Don't expect any of his ways to have changed. "[The creative team] always talks about in the room how Kingpin's superpower isn't a strength. It's his intellect, and it's his ability to psychologically manipulate people."

Honestly, I don't catch why do most people firmly opose to their canonicity. As a huge fan of the Netflix show, I'm waiting for the characters to have the same personality, to include references and even flashbacks to events from the Defenders Saga and to have coherence between both shows but I'm also looking forward to it reintroducing the same characters in a way that the shows can still be canon but not must-watch in order to understand the new shows and films. Thus, I find it ridiculous to actually argue when there had already been official statements and I think this should be done when either Echo or Born Again finally release. Personally, I'm expectant for them to have a good quality, to respect the escence from the Netflix show(s) and to see a story and plot that can please and be accepted by fans of the original show while being something different and that new watchers can also enjoy and get introduced to this great characters and enjoy their stories like we did...

Honestly, I don't catch why do most people firmly opose to their canonicity. As a huge fan of the Netflix show, I'm waiting for the characters to have the same personality, to include references and even flashbacks to events from the Defenders Saga and to have coherence between both shows but I'm also looking forward to it reintroducing the same characters in a way that the shows can still be canon but not must-watch in order to understand the new shows and films. Thus, I find it ridiculous to actually argue when there had already been official statements and I think this should be done when either Echo or Born Again finally release. Personally, I'm expectant for them to have a good quality, to respect the escence from the Netflix show(s) and to see a story and plot that can please and be accepted by fans of the original show while being something different and that new watchers can also enjoy and get introduced to this great characters and enjoy their stories like we did...
I think they do it because it makes it easier for them on rewatch. If you can subtract aaaaalllll the Marvel Television stuff, that takes a big chunk out of what you could have of the MCU rewatched.

But it's not always about that. It's very fickle.

Also, news articles twisting the narrative and official word to their own bias.

I think they do it because it makes it easier for them on rewatch. If you can subtract aaaaalllll the Marvel Television stuff, that takes a big chunk out of what you could have of the MCU rewatched.

But it's not always about that. It's very fickle.
I mean I did a rewatch of everything before Infinity War and it was tedious. Especially with shows that had very little connection. With Endgame, I did just Marvel Studios content and it flowed much better. I still watch the Marvel Television shows but on their own. If Daredevil is treated as 100% canon (I still think there's a chance only certain events are canon and that Marvel Studios doesn't adhere to every decision made with those series), then I'll probably include it in rewatches.

I mean I did a rewatch of everything before Infinity War and it was tedious. Especially with shows that had very little connection. With Endgame, I did just Marvel Studios content and it flowed much better. I still watch the Marvel Television shows but on their own. If Daredevil is treated as 100% canon (I still think there's a chance only certain events are canon and that Marvel Studios doesn't adhere to every decision made with those series), then I'll probably include it in rewatches.
I just don't have the time or the headspace to do the binge/rewatch thing. I find it very unhealthy and time is too short to invest in that IMO.

I just don't have the time or the headspace to do the binge/rewatch thing. I find it very unhealthy and time is too short to invest in that IMO.
I do it about once a year, adding projects that have been released in between. Like I said, I used to include Marvel Television, but found they're actually more enjoyable watching on their own. I think the lack of connectivity is one of the reasons the MCU didn't run into the "too much content" critique we're seeing now. People didn't see those shows as necessary viewing the way they do the Disney + stuff.

I've done an MCU binge every summer (when I started it was a lot smaller lol). I never included the television shows but that's because I rewatched them usually before a new season released. The only time I did everything was for Endgame, it was long and I had to really crunch near the end haha but worth it. I'm more just cautious about Marvel's lack of offical comment despite the debate and the little things on both sides that make things questionable. There's lots of little connections but there's nothing that says "oh yeah that's canon still" yet. I just like to keep my expectations low but either way will rewatch the Netflix shows before Born Again cause either way it's a seqeul series or a spiritual successor. But the leaks about Echo do make me hope something happens in this show to end the debate

And I thought O.B. was Short Round on the Sacred Timeline... damn :p

I really liked the episode, can't wait for the finale!

Echo Trailer looks Incredible, Fisk seems perfect
Yeah I really enjoyed seeing where all the TVA characters came from and who they were before. Can't wait for the finale. And Fisk is perfection, definitely seems more like the old Fisk, the M rating makes me a little happy ngl.

You just know people are going to say AoS isn't canon anymore because the actor that played Banks (Rosalind Price's right hand man) is in this as another character.

You just know people are going to say AoS isn't canon anymore because the actor that played Banks (Rosalind Price's right hand man) is in this as another character.
Recasting the same actor as a new character has happened before within Marvel Studios projects so imo casting isn't a good reason to say AoS isn't canon. It's happened before, it's old news and anyone that tries to use it as evidence just isn't thinking.

Recasting the same actor as a new character has happened before within Marvel Studios projects so imo casting isn't a good reason to say AoS isn't canon. It's happened before, it's old news and anyone that tries to use it as evidence just isn't thinking.
I wouldn't say it makes it not canon, but it's another case of them not caring if Marvel Television has already used an actor. And no Gemma Chan, Michelle Yeoh, etc. are different given their characters had little screen time and are distinguishable. Banks had a reoccurring role in AoS and from the trailer it seems the actor will have a good sized role in Echo.

Latest posts

Back