Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

The presskit for The Marvels reveals themes from X2: X-Men United and X-Men: Days of Future Past are used at the end of the movie. In a trailer or teaser, the letter X was the last to fade away.

This fits with a leak about Beast (TLS actor) appearing in the post-credits scene. I imagine that it would be set in Earth-17315 (Revised Timeline/Logan future). Logically anyway, I doubt it'll be set in Earth-10005, Earth-18315, Earth-41633, or Earth-66250. Maybe Earth-838.
Okay okay, that's better. Right thread this time.
They're not even hiding it, lol.
image-19.png

Yeah, to me it actually does. That's why I'm tapping out. This sub basically went full on admission that the official marvel book is gospel therefore, there is no further discussion to be had. No matter what we discuss here going forward, the book backed up by the D+ timeline will forever be the thing we point to and say 'well marvel said...'. I mean seriously...look at the first response to my question. Or R-Man's. The book is gospel. Even later down the road, the updated book (now including secret wars) will trump anything we attempt to lock here. And let's say that book is done by a new group and they change their mind and IM3 is 2012 again. Will the sub pivot again to accommodate it?

The D+ timeline nor the book are Feige's own words, but a group of people either guessing or 'researching' the information. To me, that is no different than what we used to do here or even on the wiki. The difference is now that it has Marvel's name on it, it's higher tier information and even if it goes against what was established before, it seems to hold more weight here. Take that Miss Minutes Bucky train thing...they didn't even bother to answer it...they simply acknowledged that yeah its an issue, much like Joe Russo did in that Q&A because they honestly can't reconcile it.

I always looked at this project as a way to help me logic out where things go in a timeline or a way to watch the movies/shows so that it makes sense to say, my father who has ADHD and cannot understand why Iron Man 1 and 2 happen before Avengers 1 before watching Iron Man 3 and then Guardians of the Galaxy 1 etc etc etc. What always mattered to me was what was seen and heard IN THE FILMS/SHOWS first before ever consulting directors or writers or whatever. This sub used to be all about that, but it's slowly just given in to the TPTB and altered course. This guide took YEARS to figure out and discuss. That won't matter anymore because the dam has been broken and all anyone has to do is wait for the D+ timeline to update then whatever evidence fits it, will be the evidence that matters more for this timeline.

I'm not trying to flip this board off or anything as I do appreciate the discussion and hard work that went into this...I mean it's on a Part 3 thread already which is amazing. I simply feel like the conversation will stop being productive and my voice in it will get further and further away from the finger pointed directly at the book as a way of saying 'you're wrong.'
The book is the closest thing we have to Marvel Studios' official word. It's endorsed by them and is most likely how they see things. Beyond a few disagreements, for the most part, it matched what we had on this site so it's ridiculous to act like it has no merit. I see no reason why this site wanting to be as accurate as possible would ignore what Marvel Studios itself has to say.

The presskit for The Marvels reveals themes from X2: X-Men United and X-Men: Days of Future Past are used at the end of the movie. In a trailer or teaser, the letter X was the last to fade away.

This fits with a leak about Beast (TLS actor) appearing in the post-credits scene. I imagine that it would be set in Earth-17315 (Revised Timeline/Logan future). Logically anyway, I doubt it'll be set in Earth-10005, Earth-18315, Earth-41633, or Earth-66250. Maybe Earth-838.
Okay okay, that's better. Right thread this time.
I have pictures confirming this now, or at least, it's the X-Men Universe. I can't confirm Beast at this time.

The book is the closest thing we have to Marvel Studios' official word. It's endorsed by them and is most likely how they see things. Beyond a few disagreements, for the most part, it matched what we had on this site so it's ridiculous to act like it has no merit. I see no reason why this site wanting to be as accurate as possible would ignore what Marvel Studios itself has to say.
We were already pretty close anyway, too.

I have pictures confirming this now, or at least, it's the X-Men Universe. I can't confirm Beast at this time.
I think Beast is all but confirmed at this point. Everything else lined up to what we've heard. I think I'd wait before we get further confirmation to say if it's officially a Fox universe. Could be an 838 situation where it's same actor, different universe.
We were already pretty close anyway, too.
Yeah, if there were major contradictions, I'd get it. But as is, there was very little that needed to be changed and even in those cases it's understandable why Marvel is going with what they are.

I think having the Fox X-Mansion, Beast, the X2 theme, and the Days of Future Past theme speak for it's self, in my personal opinion.
Well we don't know for certain it's exactly the Fox X-Mansion and the theme music is no different to me than them playing the X-Men series theme with Kamala and Xavier. I'm not saying it isn't meant to be the Fox universe, I just personally wouldn't jump the gun yet. Especially, when we already have a case of a Fox actor playing a variant in another universe. Hopefully, the scene itself or Deadpool 3 makes things more clear.

Yeah, to me it actually does. That's why I'm tapping out. This sub basically went full on admission that the official marvel book is gospel therefore, there is no further discussion to be had. No matter what we discuss here going forward, the book backed up by the D+ timeline will forever be the thing we point to and say 'well marvel said...'. I mean seriously...look at the first response to my question. Or R-Man's. The book is gospel. Even later down the road, the updated book (now including secret wars) will trump anything we attempt to lock here. And let's say that book is done by a new group and they change their mind and IM3 is 2012 again. Will the sub pivot again to accommodate it?

The D+ timeline nor the book are Feige's own words, but a group of people either guessing or 'researching' the information. To me, that is no different than what we used to do here or even on the wiki. The difference is now that it has Marvel's name on it, it's higher tier information and even if it goes against what was established before, it seems to hold more weight here. Take that Miss Minutes Bucky train thing...they didn't even bother to answer it...they simply acknowledged that yeah its an issue, much like Joe Russo did in that Q&A because they honestly can't reconcile it.

I always looked at this project as a way to help me logic out where things go in a timeline or a way to watch the movies/shows so that it makes sense to say, my father who has ADHD and cannot understand why Iron Man 1 and 2 happen before Avengers 1 before watching Iron Man 3 and then Guardians of the Galaxy 1 etc etc etc. What always mattered to me was what was seen and heard IN THE FILMS/SHOWS first before ever consulting directors or writers or whatever. This sub used to be all about that, but it's slowly just given in to the TPTB and altered course. This guide took YEARS to figure out and discuss. That won't matter anymore because the dam has been broken and all anyone has to do is wait for the D+ timeline to update then whatever evidence fits it, will be the evidence that matters more for this timeline.

I'm not trying to flip this board off or anything as I do appreciate the discussion and hard work that went into this...I mean it's on a Part 3 thread already which is amazing. I simply feel like the conversation will stop being productive and my voice in it will get further and further away from the finger pointed directly at the book as a way of saying 'you're wrong.'
You summed this up perfectly. I love you. I'm sad to step away from this thread as well. I've been following DIrish doing this since Agents of SHIELD started airing. So this is a big chapter of my life coming to a close

It seems like the thread means a lot to you, so my recommendation would be to not tap out just yet. If you want this to be a place for discussion, you could make it one without threatening to leave. You've put the time into some long messages, you may as well skim over the last 30 pages and glance over the cases made for and against changing placements.

But the main thing I think you're missing regarding the book is that it is official. It demonstrates the way Marvel Studios considers the timeline, which is relevant, because in the future, when movies refer to past events, they'll be doing so with these dates in mind.

There were always contradictions. Pieces of timeline evidence that never fit the puzzle no matter how hard you tried. People had different preferences for which different pieces of evidence held more weight. The book's preferences may not match your own, but I predict that they will match the way future MCU projects refer to the timeline closer than anyone else's individual preferences.

It's not that the book is gospel - It contains mistakes and typos. It's also worth considering that it wasn't exactly the same as the Disney+ timeline - Disney+ changed to match the book. To me, that says there's still scope for this thread to weigh up and discuss the evidence to form our own placements, especially for future projects.

It seems like the thread means a lot to you, so my recommendation would be to not tap out just yet. If you want this to be a place for discussion, you could make it one without threatening to leave. You've put the time into some long messages, you may as well skim over the last 30 pages and glance over the cases made for and against changing placements.

But the main thing I think you're missing regarding the book is that it is official. It demonstrates the way Marvel Studios considers the timeline, which is relevant, because in the future, when movies refer to past events, they'll be doing so with these dates in mind.

There were always contradictions. Pieces of timeline evidence that never fit the puzzle no matter how hard you tried. People had different preferences for which different pieces of evidence held more weight. The book's preferences may not match your own, but I predict that they will match the way future MCU projects refer to the timeline closer than anyone else's individual preferences.

It's not that the book is gospel - It contains mistakes and typos. It's also worth considering that it wasn't exactly the same as the Disney+ timeline - Disney+ changed to match the book. To me, that says there's still scope for this thread to weigh up and discuss the evidence to form our own placements, especially for future projects.
TBF, the only placement that was changed was Shang-Chi and I think it was placed where it originally was due to the July poster dates shown a few times in the movie. I think while working on the book they realized basing it around the Qingming Festival date made more sense. The rest of Disney + matched with the book.

The Marvel's spoilers:

The post credit's scene has leaked on YouTube. I've seen it and can confirm the Fox X-Men universe is being treated the same way the Marvel Sony films are. It's a parallel timeline. Kelsey Grammer's beast returns, now looking comic book accurate, the classic "X" steel door is seen, Professor X is mentioned and the original X2 theme can be heard. It's all very cool for fans of the Fox X-Men franchise. Looking forward to Deadpool.

Hey everyone! Just want to quickly apologize for the lack of edits I've made to the timeline, been working out of town the past couple days and by the time I got home I've been going to bed lol.

I've made some minor fixes including WandaVison

I've reached out to Zeitschiene about the videos he pointed out. If everyone is good with all them being added to the timeline I'll add them. If there's any videos they listed someone thinks doesn't belong here then just let us know here so it can be discussed!

Rman reached out and pointed out the Black Widow prelude book provides an April 4th date for the end of The Winter Soldier in security footage shown. If everyone is cool with it I'll make the edits to the timeline breaking it up by the days across Mar 31-Apr 4th and editing the AoS and other material around it to match moving it from just March as it's currently listed. If anyone doesn't like this then let me know!

I think that's everything, thanks again for your patience!

Spider-Man: Far From Home - "Audi Presents: Science Fair" can't really fit in the timeline due to suit continuity, unless there's a small time gap between Peter in the airport and his identity being revealed, and even that is questionable.
I'm good with removing it if there's no objections

Well we don't know for certain it's exactly the Fox X-Mansion and the theme music is no different to me than them playing the X-Men series theme with Kamala and Xavier. I'm not saying it isn't meant to be the Fox universe, I just personally wouldn't jump the gun yet. Especially, when we already have a case of a Fox actor playing a variant in another universe. Hopefully, the scene itself or Deadpool 3 makes things more clear.
definitely agree i wouldn't take anything to be anything not made 100% explicitly clear,
The Marvel's spoilers:

The post credit's scene has leaked on YouTube. I've seen it and can confirm the Fox X-Men universe is being treated the same way the Marvel Sony films are. It's a parallel timeline. Kelsey Grammer's beast returns, now looking comic book accurate, the classic "X" steel door is seen, Professor X is mentioned and the original X2 theme can be heard. It's all very cool for fans of the Fox X-Men franchise. Looking forward to Deadpool.
so do we think this is the revised timeline? sometime around the "new" versions of the original trilogy not yet seen in this timeline after dark phoenix and between days of future past? or maybe post-dofp leading up to the events of deadpool 3/logan?

too early to tell im sure, just throwing out some thoughts

definitely agree i wouldn't take anything to be anything not made 100% explicitly clear,

so do we think this is the revised timeline? sometime around the "new" versions of the original trilogy not yet seen in this timeline after dark phoenix and between days of future past? or maybe post-dofp leading up to the events of deadpool 3/logan?

too early to tell im sure, just throwing out some thoughts
If I had to guess, it if is in fact the X-Men Film Universe (which I'm personally inclined to believe atm pending further info) my guess is it's Revised Timeline Post-Days of Future Past & Pre-Deadpool 3

I'd place it in 2026 of the X-Men Movie Universe. It's not really a reliable placement, but Deadpool 3 is likely just gonna be 2024 TVA stuff, but regardless, universes don't overlap perfectly - 2024 is 2020 in Earth-688B and 2025 is 2020 is Earth-1610B. It's just where I'd temporarily place it until we get a better idea. Like, I assume the Raimi films happen during the MCU's 2002-2005 for lack of a better reference. I suppose, I SUPPOSE, the Live-Action Multiverse portion actually are on the same timeline level, and Vulture's scenes in Morbius are 2024 and Venom was brought over from 2020 due to him looking through the multiverse hivemind. Spider-Verse is an exception due to being part of the larger Marvel Multiverse, I guess... but that's just an idea. We don't know.

This is how I see it for now, assuming that it's supposed to be Earth-17315:

1962 - X-Men: First Class
1973 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
1983 - X-Men: Apocalypse
1992 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut
2024 - Deadpool 3
2026 - The Marvels
2027 - The New Mutants
2029 - Logan

Just watched it and it's great and weird. Loved Beast's design, but y'all already talked about this scene, so here's the other cool thing: Ms. Marvel recruits Kate Bishop to the Young Avengers (name is not mentioned), mimicing the Fury Post-Credit Scene in Iron Man

Latest posts

Back