Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

All of AoS is MCU canon but they are totally in a branch timeline by the end of the series.

S01 - S04 (main 616)
S05 - S07 (branched 616, still part of the sacred timeline unlike what if)

which explains all of the inconsistencies with the snap and infinity war events running concurrent with season 5 final episodes and why shield is back to its former glory in the show but still small, scattered shadow cells of agents in the films.
This is wrong, sorry.

Sarge's team is able to scan Deke as being part of another timeline (2091 timeline). The other agents are not picked up on their sensors.

This is because Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S1-4, 5x05, 5x11-5x22, 6x01-6x13 and 7x13 are the same timeline. The Triskelion WAS rebuilt no matter how you look at it, we saw it being destroyed in S1.

Same with Runaways 3x05-3x10 and Helstrom 1x01-1x10. It's all the same timeline. They all survived the snap.

The reason we don't see them reference it, in-universe? We only see a very, VERY small percentage of their lifes. It's completely possible that they reference it during every single episode but just not in the filmed scenes. We already know society went back to normal from WandaVision and Echo. The world didn't just shut down.

Season 5 has two timelines, not three.

2091 Timeline - Earth is destroyed during Avengers: Infinity War.
MCU Timeline - Earth is saved, Thanos enters Wakanda.

There is no secret third S5-7 timeline, that's pure fan theory that has never made any sense.

Last edited:
This is wrong, sorry.

Sarge's team is able to scan Deke as being part of another timeline (2091 timeline). The other agents are not picked up on their sensors.

This is because Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S1-4, 5x11-5x22, 6x01-6x13 and 7x13 are the same timeline. The Triskelion WAS rebuilt no matter how you look at it, we saw it being destroyed in S1.

Same with Runaways 3x05-3x10 and Helstrom 1x01-1x10. It's all the same timeline. They all survived the snap.

The reason we don't see them reference it, in-universe? We only see a very, VERY small percentage of their lifes. It's completely possible that they reference it during every single episode but just not in the filmed scenes. We already know society went back to normal from WandaVision and Echo. The world didn't just shut down.

Season 5 has two timelines, not three.

2091 Timeline - Earth is destroyed during Avengers: Infinity War.
MCU Timeline - Earth is saved, Thanos enters Wakanda.

There is no secret third S5-7 timeline, that's pure fan theory that has never made any sense.
THANK YOU this is a major point that i see almost every "aos isnt canon"-er using as main evidence when its not even a correct statement

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 only happened because of Avengers: Infinity War. It just seems ridiculous to me, the idea that they aren't in the main timeline when that's literally the entire point of the season.

btw I just worked out the days for Echo S01 with some help from the mcu wiki discussions (they are going off the moon cycle and put too many days in between scenes imo)

Starts exactly 5 months later from the scene in Hawkeye on 24th December 2024, so that would start us on 24th May 2025, the Thursday dinner in ep 3/4 lines up with 29th May and the Saturday works well for the climax of ep 5 with the epilogue being on Sunday 1st June.

majority of the clear-cut evidence works, and it is clean cut and doesn't overlap with anything else.

Echo S01E01 - S01E05 (24th May 2025 - 1st June 2025)
Echo S01E05 Mid-Credits Scene (1st June 2025)

Hey guys, sorry for my long unexplained absence. My daughter got worse and I've spent the past couple weeks in the hospital or at home watching her. Everything is fine, she's at home doing well and I'm back at work today. I'm sorry I didn't message earlier honestly life just completely got away from me. Lots to add and discuss here!

First Echo which I still need to add to this timeline. I've seen two placements discussed here: One with the main events taking place from May 31- April 9 based on the lunar phases and has been laid out very nicely by Selfishmisery (who I greatly appreciate for doing the work laying it out so it'd be easier for me!). The other for May 24th - June 1st as presented by FruityWho50. Personally I agree with the later, like FruityWho50 said the wiki goes off lunar phases and that's never been something this site really has done.

Second The Marvels has released digitally which means I can add it to this timeline now. But I don't feel a full decision has been made on it's placement, there was much debate about what to do with it. As before I still think December 2026 works best but I am not certain that the majority of this site agrees.

Everyone who cares please let your opinions on the two be known so everyone can discuss and we can make a firm decision!

Last edited:
i can definitely see disney+ adjusting the timeline to move secret invasion and the marvels back to before the holiday special on the timeline following the release of an amended timeline book but for now i think we should leave them in 2026 as kamalas age could be a production error if the film got delayed or if marvel is now using this as a way to move the timeline forward following overhauls behind the scenes

Hey guys, sorry for my long unexplained absence. My daughter got worse and I've spent the past couple weeks in the hospital or at home watching her. Everything is fine, she's at home doing well and I'm back at work today. I'm sorry I didn't message earlier honestly life just completely got away from me. Lots to add and discuss here!

First Echo which I still need to add to this timeline. I've seen two placements discussed here: One with the main events taking place from May 31- April 9 based on the lunar phases and has been laid out very nicely by Selfishmisery (who I greatly appreciate for doing the work laying it out so it'd be easier for me!). The other for May 24th - June 1st as presented by FruityWho50. Personally I agree with the later, like FruityWho50 said the wiki goes off lunar phases and that's never been something this site really has done.

Second The Marvels has released digitally which means I can add it to this timeline now. But I don't feel a full decision has been made on it's placement, there was much debate about what to do with it. As before I still think December 2025 works best but I am not certain that the majority of this site agrees.

Everyone who cares please let your opinions on the two be known so everyone can discuss and we can make a firm decision!
Hope everything goes well for ya man. Sorry that all went down but I understand completely. No pressure.

In terms of when Echo begins, I think placing 1x01 anywhere in May is appropriate. "5 months later" doesn't necessarily have to be 5 months to the exact date. It could be May 24, May 31, or anywhere in between or even slightly before as long as it's in May.
That's how I feel as well. But if we're going with a date I find the 24th to be the "more correct" of the two

That's how I feel as well. But if we're going with a date I find the 24th to be the "more correct" of the two
Let's go with that, yeah. After that 5 month time jump it's essentially evening-to-dawn so having it as May 31st seems way too late in the month for it to be intentionally stated as "5 months later".

Let's go with that, yeah. After that 5 month time jump it's essentially evening-to-dawn so having it as May 31st seems way too late in the month for it to be intentionally stated as "5 months later".
Yeah if people want a date I'll start it on the 24th but again I do think it's too vauge and that just simply May is more accurate. But that's up to everyone here it doesn't make a huge difference to me either way

Latest posts

Back