Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

so how do we think the whole citadel at the end of time works? should it really be both the beginning and the end of the timeline?

so how do we think the whole citadel at the end of time works? should it really be both the beginning and the end of the timeline?
I was thinking about the other day in fact. The writer for Loki has said it was like the "Needle on the record of time".

My take from that if the fourth dimension is the metaphysical embodiment of the timeline with the TVA office surrounding and over seeing it, in
THE MIDDLE of that is the Citadel. Not the end point within the timeline's metaphysical loop, that leads leads to The Void, but literally the center of the dimension itself.

The timeline and the TVA surround the Citadel, to put it simply. It's the same dimension.

Some folks wrote to the Support or sth and they said it will be split into seasons eventually, though they do not know the date yet (for Marvel)

We talking about this? I'm not sure how you divide whole shows by seasons from a visual standpoint on the app without repeating the same link.

EDIT: I say that and ofc the link was updated with this last I looked at it lmao.
1708172539730.png

Curious if this means Feige is having people do research into the Marvel Television shows to keep continuity tight.

Curious if this means Feige is having people do research into the Marvel Television shows to keep continuity tight.
this seems likely to me as, although it might just be an error, they did remove the "ten years ago" card from the elektra flashbacks in season 2 of daredevil when it was added to d+ and if youve watched a bit of everythings video about the daredevil flashbacks youll see how that kind of fixes some issues with the timing of things in those scenes

this seems likely to me as, although it might just be an error, they did remove the "ten years ago" card from the elektra flashbacks in season 2 of daredevil when it was added to d+ and if youve watched a bit of everythings video about the daredevil flashbacks youll see how that kind of fixes some issues with the timing of things in those scenes
Oh sh-t I wonder if they deleted or edited anything else from those Netflix shows?

I'm talking in general since they ADDED the Netflix stuff as canon.
The fact that they added the shows just using the wiki is enough proof to me they aren't putting the same care they would adding their own productions. Iron Fist S2 is clearly in the winter, not only due to the weather but the planning for the Chinese Spring Festival and I believe at one point a character even mentions it's winter. Also, Defenders has Fall/Winter like weather (at one point it snows), the events of Daredevil S2 are said to be last year (I know this is technically true with a May placement, but November fits it better) and everyone is wearing heavier clothing, which doesn't fit at all with May. I know weather can't always be trusted, but I do feel they film around the time they believe the show will be set. Especially when there aren't major contradictions in the shows themselves.

The fact that they added the shows just using the wiki is enough proof to me they aren't putting the same care they would adding their own productions. Iron Fist S2 is clearly in the winter, not only due to the weather but the planning for the Chinese Spring Festival and I believe at one point a character even mentions it's winter. Also, Defenders has Fall/Winter like weather (at one point it snows), the events of Daredevil S2 are said to be last year (I know this is technically true with a May placement, but November fits it better) and everyone is wearing heavier clothing, which doesn't fit at all with May. I know weather can't always be trusted, but I do feel they film around the time they believe the show will be set. Especially when there aren't major contradictions in the shows themselves.
Marvel Studios has used the Wiki as a reference for some time now. The name "Battle of Earth" was made up by the wiki, and has since then be named that in the MCU onscreen

i definitely agree that the weather seems off for may but i personally prefer it to be placed before civil war if possible as the accords would have gone into effect by then
Marvel Studios has used the Wiki as a reference for some time now. The name "Battle of Earth" was made up by the wiki, and has since then be named that in the MCU onscreen
i believe something similar happened with infinity ultron if im remembering correctly

But it still isn't as just copy and paste like the Netflix series were. For example, the wiki had Iron Man 3 in 2012 or Love & Thunder in 2024. If placemets contradict Marvel Studios own beliefs, they'll go against it. Given most of Phases 1-3 had a "real time" sort of placement, it makes sense a lot of it would line up, even if Marvel Studios wasn't using the wiki.
i definitely agree that the weather seems off for may but i personally prefer it to be placed before civil war if possible as the accords would have gone into effect by then

i believe something similar happened with infinity ultron if im remembering correctly
I don't think the Accords are really a factor. There are a few projects after Civil War where it should have been relevant but wasn't. Like how Peter was able to freely go around New York as Spider-Man in Homecoming and before Infinity War. Or the Netflix seasons that are clearly set after Civil War.

Remember that Marvel studios posted a tweet about the day Iron Man died and that was from the wiki too.... So the wiki became secondary Canon????

Just because Marvel Studios may agree and take things from the wiki, doesn't mean they consider everything done by them to be hard canon.
This is an important distinction. The wiki is a fine resource but it makes some questionable choices when it comes to its decisions and just because MS uses some information from it for certain things doesn't mean everything they say is secondary canon now. It's first and foremost a fan site, and fans are great for putting dedicated work into something but they don't get to design canon even if Marvel Studios uses it occasionally.

An
This is an important distinction. The wiki is a fine resource but it makes some questionable choices when it comes to its decisions and just because MS uses some information from it for certain things doesn't mean everything they say is secondary canon now. It's first and foremost a fan site, and fans are great for putting dedicated work into something but they don't get to design canon even if Marvel Studios uses it occasionally.
Anyway this Is a bad sign... Remember what happened with Assassin's Creed.

Just because Marvel Studios may agree and take things from the wiki, doesn't mean they consider everything done by them to be hard canon.
I am not talking about writing an obvious made up fact, I talk about what would happen if, for example, someone would decide that instead of "Scott Edward Harris Lang" as in the comics, Ant Man complete name in the MCU would be "Scott Francis Lang" and wrote it down in the Ant Man page. If nobody changed it back, what are the chances that if in a future movie Ant Man ID is shown, a prop designer would go to the MCU Wiki for reference and BOOM! Scott second name is canonically Francis now.

I am not talking about writing an obvious made up fact, I talk about what would happen if, for example, someone would decide that instead of "Scott Edward Harris Lang" as in the comics, Ant Man complete name in the MCU would be "Scott Francis Lang" and wrote it down in the Ant Man page. If nobody changed it back, what are the chances that if in a future movie Ant Man ID is shown, a prop designer would go to the MCU Wiki for reference and BOOM! Scott second name is canonically Francis now.
I'd hope they wouldn't be that lazy. But, sadly I wouldn't be surprised. Pretty much what happened with Kamala's SWORD profile info except it was from the comics wiki.

Latest posts

Back