Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

LINK

Marvel Studios recently proclaimed the former Netflix shows to be MCU canon. They're even reflected as such on Disney+. Now, I've seen some people try to say that Marvel changed their mind on this subject, but the way I see it is that you finally made up your mind. Would you also say that you kept your options open as long as possible?

We finally said it out loud. When the Netflix shows were coming out and being made, we were building towards Infinity War and Endgame. We were trying to balance all of these film franchises and get them to culminate onscreen in these two epic movies. To say it was a challenge is not even correct. It was one of the most challenging creative endeavors the studio ever undertook. I'm not sure there will ever be anything like it again in cinema. It took so much to get all that stuff to galvanize in that one place and in that one time so that people could have that experience in the movie theater.

So, at the time, to say, "Alright, we're also going to take this television show and wrap our heads around that," it would've been too much, even though we were communicating back and forth. Everyone on the television side and the film side knew what each other was doing, and you can see that there's a continuity there. The references do line up, but it was just too much for us to wrap our minds around at the time.

Flash forward now to Disney+, where we are actually laying out the timeline with tiles on a screen, all of a sudden we're like, "We should just do it. Let's do it." It was also spurred by the redevelopment of Daredevil: Born Again, once we started to really lean into some of the mythology and backstory that was established in those Netflix shows. I was asked about this during the press for Echo, and I realized, "Oh, it's not just assumed. People have an active interest and they want confirmation." So we were able to do it fairly quickly, and it's interesting that the service of Disney+ actually became the statement just by rearranging those tiles. That's our medium to define the canon now, which is wild to think about.

I regards to the "Complete First Season" label on the Falcon & Winter Soldier bluray and news sites now running with the "No season two lol" clickbait bullshit...

Anthony Mackie was solely referring to Captain America: Brave New World in the interview; saying Zemo and Winter Soldier aren't in the film.
Honestly, I would not be shocked if we are getting a 2nd season of that and Moon Knight, as their first season bluray labels imply, in 2026 or 2027. The schedules would need to even out for the actors before Disney can announce it is my guess.

I think post-Brave New World and Thunderbolts, if it happens, and the Falcon would probably be the new one they're teasing to take up the mantle in Brave New World.

This is a stupid headcanon of mine but I think if we get Doctor Doom before Secret Wars, it's gonna have to be "Helmut Zemo". Or rather, later reveal that wasn't his real name. ("Heinrich" wasn't ever said to be his dad's name, that's the Wikis' assumption based on comic lore; his father is unnamed in-universe.)

Victor would be his real name and it is revealed to him by his mother, Cynthia - under the false identity of "Valentina Allegra de Fontaine" (yes, Julia-Louis Dreyfus' character)...Just throwing out ideas here that I could see happening, but could 100% be wrong. Regardless, it would have to tie back to Reed Richards somehow who ends up in present day in like 2027. And Sokovia will become Latveria, of course.

I feel like he's already too different from comic Zemo, they might as well amalgamate stuff around since he has more in common with Victor von Doom from the comics. The main difference is his views on super-humans but I think that has the potential to change for character development purposes.

Last edited:
This is a stupid headcanon of mine but I think if we get Doctor Doom before Secret Wars, it's gonna have be to be "Helmut Zemo". Or rather, later reveal that wasn't his real name. ("Heinrich" wasn't ever said to be his dad's name, that's the Wikis' assumption based on comic lore; his father is unnamed in-universe.)

Victor would be his real name and it is revealed to him by his mother, Cynthia - under the false identity of "Valentina Allegra de Fontaine" (yes, Julia-Louis Dreyfus' character)...Just throwing out ideas here that I could see happening, but could 100% be wrong. Regardless, it would have to tie back to Reed Richards somehow who ends up in present day in like 2027. And Sokovia will become Latveria, of course.

I feel like he's already too different from comic Zemo, they might as well amalgamate stuff around since he has more in common with Victor von Doom from the comics. The main difference is his views on super-humans but I think that has the potential to change for character development purposes.
I actually love this. Also I Always theorized that the F4 existed in the 60s so this actually connects quite well to my theory.

So, I'm currently rewatching Werewolf by Night and was curious what everyone's thoughts would be on moving it to specifically be on October 31st-November 1st 2025. Not only does it fit the timeline book and it being a Halloween special, but Jack mentions a full moon in 5 days that fits with November 5th, 2025. All the evidence seems to really line up.

So, I'm currently rewatching Werewolf by Night and was curious what everyone's thoughts would be on moving it to specifically be on October 31st-November 1st 2025. Not only does it fit the timeline book and it being a Halloween special, but Jack mentions a full moon in 5 days that fits with November 5th, 2025. All the evidence seems to really line up.
My thoughts exactly I'm all for it.

Yeah I can gladly make this change.

A while ago I found this document from a guy who makes a timeline of almost everything Marvel, it is quite complete

I appreciate the share and will spend some time going through yalls comments. I know its not perfect by any means but it originally started as a google sheets document for my own personal viewing of the MCU but as the multiverse developed I continued to add content. Animation by far is the category that needs work.

I gave a look to the other works he did... a lot of them are very weird...
lmao weird placement wise or weird content wise.. content wise I get it I make whatever timelines of content that interest me. In terms of placement wise I reference something else for almost all placement but some of my references are bound to be wrong/speculation

The absolute nonsense and misunderstanding of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 and S7 is my problem with it.
Fair enough, definitely something that could use work. I am honestly waiting for some level of definite confirmation from Marvel similar to the Netflix shows. Rumor is Marvel enjoyed the success of reviving the Netflix shows & x-men 92 and are looking into possibilities of reviving other animated & live action content. How would you recommend me revising AoS?

No, it's not.

There are basically 3 timelines in entire show.

1. Main MCU 616 timeline in season 1-4, second half od season 5, season 6 and the end of season 7.
  2. Future Earth where Earth was destroyed. It works exactly like in Avengers movies, just from the other side. Imagine that Enoch in the future is "Avengers" and agents in 616 are "Infinity Stones" He borrowed them and gave them back to main 616 timeline.
  3. Branch of 616 after agents made too many changes in the past in season 7. After that Fitz brought them back to main 616.

They came back to Sacred Timeline.
This is how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. works.

Latest posts

Back