Marvel ends 'Open Submission' Policy.

This is a great idea. We'd hate for new writers and artists with new ideas and concepts to be polluting the industry.

Yeah, DC hasn't been doing it for years! About time Marvel smartened up and got on the band wagon. What I don't understand is why they bothered loosening up their restrictions a few days ago before closing it off completely today. It's so strange.

Good.

Anyone who sent in to those was wasting their time. It's hard enough for established professionals to get work at the big two. Open submissions almost never amount to anything.

At least, in regards to writing.

Good.

Anyone who sent in to those was wasting their time. It's hard enough for established professionals to get work at the big two. Open submissions almost never amount to anything.

At least, in regards to writing.

Pretty much. The only way you're breaking into the comic industry is if you've written something before - so go write a novel or a movie or try and get your own comic going.

Pretty much. The only way you're breaking into the comic industry is if you've written something before - so go write a novel or a movie or try and get your own comic going.

Does my Life of Mole count? If so i could write for Marvel :D Imagine Marvel with me writing it!

I'm of two minds about this.

On the one hand, the open submissions policy is ludicrous because it ties up Marvel staffers with the duty of sifting through a lot of crap.

On the other hand, I'm under the impression that even established writers can't get Marvel's attention without that policy in place.

I mean, a open policy or not, potential Marvel talent is still fighting for attention from the guys who already have big names in and outside of the comic industry.

Latest posts

Back