Marvel fighting Game!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Though Marvel Comics had mentioned the development of another fighting game using its license during a quarterly financial call eight months ago, Electronic Arts made it official today by announcing that it would be releasing said game sometime in 2008.

Unlike Marvel's original statement, though, the new fighter is not going to be "Marvel Nemesis 2" (though EA did confirm with IGN that the comic book publisher was referring to this new title when speaking about Nemesis in last year's call). Instead, the 2008 project will be an all-new franchise using only Marvel characters. What's more, the as-of-yet untitled brawler will be handled by a new development team -- the Fight Night guys at EA Chicago.

"We looked at past comic-based games to find out what was missing and what was needed to successfully translate the intensity, excitement and fiction from comics into fighting games," said Kudo Tsunoda, General Manager and Vice President, EA Chicago. "We're challenging ourselves to make a game that delivers on the Super Hero promises of past top-tier fighting games."

Will the Mighty Avengers be in EA's new game? Only time will tell...
"Marvel Super Heroes are a natural fit in the fighting game genre, so we're excited to have Kudo and his team of fighting game experts put these characters toe-to-toe against each other on next generation consoles," said Justin Lambros, Vice President of Interactive, Marvel Entertainment. "This is a game that will deliver to both comic book fans and to fighting game diehards."

Details about the game are still rather slim -- other than the fact that it will be released on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and that it will having "huge environments and a living world." However, EA has revealed that Tsunoda will be speaking on Marvel's videogame panel at the San Diego Comic-Con later today (3:30pm PST). Perhaps more will be revealed there.

Thank god! It's not "Marvel Nemesis 2" a whole new game on ps3 and 360? I'm very interested in seeing what they do and add.

I'm hoping for a big roster , Alt costumes and a story that makes sense plus decent gameplay and online. How about you?

Hot damn I hope this will redeem the Marvel fighting games.

Me too and hopefully we can put the nightmare of Marvel Nemesis behind us and forget it ever happened

I really hope they bring back Iceman. Awesome fighting character from Marvel vs Capcom. :D

If they do and there is Venom in the game we have to dual! :lol:

To quote homer
"the winner will be showered with praise while the looser will be booed and taunted until my throat is sore"

Captain America better be in it. He got totally ****ed over in Nemesis.

I want something like 56-64 characters in this.

I want something like 56-64 characters in this.

maybe more!

I know I'll never get this but My dream Marvel fighting game would be :

• over 100 heroes and villains
  • Simple controls
  • destructible arenas
  • cut scenes for most powerful moves

Pretty much think Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi but Marvel.

over 100 charracters you may think but there might not be over 100 interesting ones (there is but i'm going somewhere this) they should do the Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi thing they do with transformations (having them separate with slightly different moves) for Alternate versions E.G

• Spider-man
  • Scarlett Spider
  • Spider-man 2099
  • Symboite Spider-man
all different charracters with similar moves but different stats. Now can still have alternate costumes for some E.g Spider-man - movie , amazing , original (with web wings)

Make all charracters play the same so if say Your favourite charracter was Wolverine you could just pick it up play as your favourite version of him in game with out having to learn combos as others until you unlocked him then have to earn his moves.

Modes
  • Story - classic , Ultimate , Game **
  • Arcade
  • vs
  • Comic book Battles*

* this is a mode where you have to play classic fights such as "Daredevil vs Electra"

Vs mode should allow you single , tag or team (3 or 4) fights.

maybe more!

I know I'll never get this but My dream Marvel fighting game would be :

• over 100 heroes and villains
  • Simple controls
  • destructible arenas
  • cut scenes for most powerful moves

Pretty much think Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi but Marvel.

over 100 charracters you may think but there might not be over 100 interesting ones (there is but i'm going somewhere this) they should do the Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi thing they do with transformations (having them separate with slightly different moves) for Alternate versions E.G

• Spider-man
  • Scarlett Spider
  • Spider-man 2099
  • Symboite Spider-man
all different charracters with similar moves but different stats. Now can still have alternate costumes for some E.g Spider-man - movie , amazing , original (with web wings)

Make all charracters play the same so if say Your favourite charracter was Wolverine you could just pick it up play as your favourite version of him in game with out having to learn combos as others until you unlocked him then have to earn his moves.

Modes
  • Story - classic , Ultimate , Game **
  • Arcade
  • vs
  • Comic book Battles*

* this is a mode where you have to play classic fights such as "Daredevil vs Electra"

Vs mode should allow you single , tag or team (3 or 4) fights.

Or instead of four different Spider-Men you just have those as alternate costumes and leave room for interesting characters.

Or instead of four different Spider-Men you just have those as alternate costumes and leave room for interesting characters.

kind of missed the point didn't you?

Instead of say 100 charracters with say 20 been obscure and no one caring you add more of ones you all already have.

I explained that in post.

I want Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Ghost Rider, and Juggernaut are playable... or at least just Deadpool, with his Ultimate costume as an alternate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back