Marvel Hostage Situation

Assuming Marvel has 50 'main' characters, everybody will be dead in 12,5 years!

mmmmmm......... 3 major marvel movies. about 3 major Disney backed movies in the next 2 quarters (6 months). and their going to start killing off main characters. idiots.

Well it's not like they've never killed off main characters before, but this is the first time that they admit they're doing so for the money and not because they want to publish a nice comic.

i get that part to a point, but from a business stand point you want to try and get as much momentum as you can carry over into those titles. which they've set up very well with Thor over the last year. however, lets say you pick up Thor and like it and wanna try out FF, becuase you enjoyed the movies, but when you pick the title its no longer Fantastic becuase they went and killed The Human Torch, and he was the guy you liked. after that you don't bother with comics anymore cuz it don't make sense. and have lost all momentum to sell more comics to people.

or

becuase marvel also has to many mini-events that they also kill people in that you don't know where to start, therefore also losing your carry over momentum.

I'm sure killing a character every quarter won't become repetitive, predictable, and stale.

Just like all those big events. Factory-like repetition isn't the least bit tiresome.

Last edited:
Goddammit, the article linked in there spoiled AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #654 for me. :(

You have none to blame but yourself. It even says;

And I'm going to spoil them by talking about them. Saying the things I didn't say when reviewing these comics. So look away now. Spoilers.

Look away.

Look away.

Look away.

Spoilers.

Also, maybe this is a turn for the better? How many main characters died last year? More than four? Probably, if we count ultimatum. Maybe we should see this as marvel promicing to kill only 4 main characters per year.

i keep trying to think of something to say in response to this. I honestly can't even muster up a reaction. I guess I just don't care.

You have none to blame but yourself. It even says;

Also, maybe this is a turn for the better? How many main characters died last year? More than four? Probably, if we count ultimatum. Maybe we should see this as marvel promicing to kill only 4 main characters per year.

Yeah, I know. And even if I had heeded that warning, today's solicits for May comics would have spoiled if for me anyway. Urg.

Damn it. I forgot about this. Just when I managed to convince myself that the "Death Of Spider-Man" is a fake out.

Latest posts

Back