Marvel Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing Order

Either way, we know that Earth-71002 (Spider-Man: Friend or Foe) is considered a divergent reality, one in which none of the villains die... sounds familiar to a recent Spider-Man movie, lol.
So... I have a theory here.
First of all I admit that (as far as Raimi's characters are concerned, only the fact that Norman has returned to normal creates a difference.

1- Octopus going back to normal doesn't change anything as he goes back to "Good" at the same time, which means that he still goes to sacrifice himself.

2- Presumably after Spider-Man 3, Flint avoided using his powers to be able to be with his daughter more, so the fact that he was cured doesn't create a difference.

Assuming we don't know when Norman was taken from his reality and brought to Earth-199999, I've always assumed it happened shortly after the attack on the Bugle. In any case, it basically comes back to a time when it doesn't die right after.

Back in his reality, Post-NWH, things start to diverge.

1-He is no longer a Goblin, he reveals the truth to everyone and also to Harry. After perfecting the serum, Norman gives it to his son who becomes a good Goblin (He's not mad at Spider-Man for killing his father because... Well, he's not dead)

2- Norman helps Otto with the tentacles and all the SM2 stuff. I guess the accident happened anyway, Peter tried to stop him anyway and Octavius' wife died anyway. The tentacles don't take control of Otto, thanks to Norman, and he doesn't turn evil, however he blames Spider-Man for his wife's death.

3- If we consider the RaimiVerse tie-in video games as canon, then we know from the SM1 video game, that there is an imposter Goblin, which I guess is the same as Friend or Foe.

For Venom and Flint I imagine things are similar to SM3 in that Norman's presence could hardly affect that Storyline in any way

Wasn't Venom destroyed in Spider-Man 3? I don't think that would change in a Cured Norman Timeline
Cured Norman wouldn't change much overall. However, it matters that Peter could be more carefree as he has experienced less suffering, and then he would have Harry as an ally from the beginning. It is difficult to speculate what this new version of Spider-Man 3 could be, because it would be a series of conjectures with no real basis

They don't like the concept of PS4 Spidey getting into the multiverse
I don't use reddit so I don't know what they are complaining about, but one thing that I don't usually like is that he has got into the multiverse SO SOON. I would prefer for him to develop and THEN to cross into the multiverse, and then we can compare him to different versions or see him react to different realities, etc, you know, the usual multiverse stuff. I mean, we have seen he has become a part of the Spider-Men of Earth-928B, so either they didn't told him about the venom suit and would just watch him in danger and struggling with his personal life and do nothing to stop him, or he knows about venom and has to force himself through it lol

Last edited:
I don't use reddit so I don't know what they are complaining about, but one thing that I don't usually like is that he has got into the multiverse SO SOON. I would prefer for him to develop and THEN to cross into the multiverse, and then we can compare him to different versions or see him react to different realities, etc, you know, the usual multiverse stuff. I mean, we have seen he has become a part of the Spider-Men of Earth-928B, so either they didn't told him about the venom suit and would just watch him in danger and struggling with his personal life and do nothing to stop him, or he know about venom and has to force himself through it lol
Well he has 8 years of experience behind, we Just didn't saw that.

Well he has 8 years of experience behind, we Just didn't saw that.
That's true, I forgot about that. But even if has lot of experience in time is still as if he hasn't passed yet lots of "canon events", like he has just recently faced Doctor Octopus for the first time, his Norman is still not the Green Goblin, he has just found the symbiote, etc. But yeah, is a mix, because he is more advanced in some other things like a break with Mary Jane and
Aunt May dying

Last edited:
I should also point out that the "canon events" have been theorized to be a misconception in-universe, and the actual cause of the Incursions could be explained in the 3rd film or tied to whatever MCU Dr Strange is correcting with Clea..

That's speculation, but story wise if they want Miles to actually save his dad by the end, I could see them writing it as "Wow so something else caused Earth-928 to get obliterated" - which ties into Secret Wars.

All I'm saying, it's not impossible and the writers can write their way out of this if need be.

I should also point out that the "canon events" have been theorized to be a misconception in-universe, and the actual cause of the Incursions could be explained in the 3rd film or tied to whatever MCU Dr Strange is correcting with Clea..

That's speculation, but story wise if they want Miles to actually save his dad by the end, I could see them writing it as "Wow so something else caused Earth-928 to get obliterated" - which ties into Secret Wars.

All I'm saying, it's not impossible and the writers can write their way out of this if need be.
Yeah, I now, there is no way that Miles dad is going to die and the movie be like: "Yes, his dad needed to die, otherwise the multiverse will implode or something, nothing can be done"
Obviously the writers are going to save Miles' dad somehow, or even if he dies, prove somehow that Miguel was wrong and the death was in vain but at least now they know better and would not force other Spider-Men to pass the canon events.

Doesn't comic Spidey have 14-15 years experience now, scaling to the sliding timeline? 616 has done way more than 1048 when you take into account every single comic appearance.
I think you can translate the Sliding Timeline to this (dunno where I got the 2001 from tbh, been a while since I researched it):

2001: 1960-1963
2002: 1964-1967
2003: 1968-1971
2004: 1972-1975
2005: 1976-1979
2006: 1980-1983
2007: 1984-1987
2008: 1988-1991
2009: 1992-1995
2010: 1996-1999
2011: 2000-2003
2012: 2004-2007