Marvel Mangaverse

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
There is a new Marvel Mangaverse series starting in Feb. DId anybody read the first one. I just got done re-reading volumes 1 and 2. These are some of the best comics I read. I like anime, so it was cool to see the anime influence on the marvel characters. Volume 2 was easily the best. It seemed so epic. The first volume dealt with the threat of Namor, Hulk, Mordo, Hydra, The 4 Horseman, Apocalypse, & Domaruu. The second volume features 2 3-part stories. The first about Galactus and the second with Doom. The are some surpising moments. Doom vs the Avengers was breathtaking. I highly suggest these. I hope the new series is a continution of this and not a resetting.
 
thee great one said:
There is a new Marvel Mangaverse series starting in Feb. DId anybody read the first one. I just got done re-reading volumes 1 and 2. These are some of the best comics I read. I like anime, so it was cool to see the anime influence on the marvel characters. Volume 2 was easily the best. It seemed so epic. The first volume dealt with the threat of Namor, Hulk, Mordo, Hydra, The 4 Horseman, Apocalypse, & Domaruu. The second volume features 2 3-part stories. The first about Galactus and the second with Doom. The are some surpising moments. Doom vs the Avengers was breathtaking. I highly suggest these. I hope the new series is a continution of this and not a resetting.

You mustn't have read many comics...

I read the second volume. Nothing too spectacular.
 
I read some. The X-Men one was cool how they had Pyro as a girl, a very different look and power for Colossus, and with Iceman all hanging out togther. Iceman and Pyro fighting about beer was funny.
 
I've been debateing on whether or not to get these tpbs @ Barnes and Noble but I always find sumthing better then them, so....:D
 
icemastertron said:
I read some. The X-Men one was cool how they had Pyro as a girl, a very different look and power for Colossus, and with Iceman all hanging out togther. Iceman and Pyro fighting about beer was funny.

I havn't read the x-men one. The ones I have are the two marvel universe oneshots and the avengers one. I don't have the spider-man either.
 
Fuzzy Birds said:
Those were literally some of the worst comics I've ever read. No exaggeration.

Agreed. The art doesn't even look like manga, it's like someone tried to mix Manga and Marvel characters, and failed horribly.
 
I picked up the first issue of the New Mangaverse. It starts straight out with some freaky ninjas killing all the heros from the old series. I like that they didn't start out fresh and still used the same universe. Black Cat was a cool introduction. Looking forward to more.

B
 
Victor Von Doom said:
You looking forward to a little Magneto on Wolverine action, huh? :lol:
I myself would look forward to some of that 'Stryker sex' that they frequently mentioned in the X-2: X-Men United DVD commentary.
 
ourchair said:
I myself would look forward to some of that 'Stryker sex' that they frequently mentioned in the X-2: X-Men United DVD commentary.


Mmmm. Brian's Cox. I mean.... Brian Cox. Ahem.
 
Fuzzy Birds said:
Mmmm. Brian's Cox......

Saying that aloud would imply that there would be pural....as in he has more than one. Ewwwwwwwwwww.................................now who's the mutie? :lol:

Fuzzy Birds said:
Brian Cox.......

Saying that aloud makes it sound like some sadistic hobby he has. Like he just runs around hitting people over the head with it and then laughs.
 
Fuzzy Birds said:
Mmmm. Brian's Cox. I mean.... Brian Cox. Ahem.

As opposed to Brain Cox, which is Ultimate Tony Stark.
 
Back
Top