Marvel NOW! What books do you read?

What Marvel NOW! books do you read?

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Marvel NOW! debuted back in October 2012 and now that we're in February 2013, the titles have all pretty much come out save a few. The only books left to appear from their "launch window":

• Wolverine by Paul Cornell & Alan Davis (Ongoing)
  • X-Men by Brian Wood & Oliviel Coipel (Ongoing)
  • Age of Ultron by Brian Michael Bendis, Bryan Hitch, & Brandon Peterson (Limited Series)
  • Thanos: Rising by Jason Aaron & Simone Bianchi (Limited Series)

With that said, what are the books everyone reads from the new 'status quo'/will read? There are barely few I don't check out and for the most part have read almost all the ones I have/still do. Listed above are the first 20 books that came out for Marvel NOW! If what you read is not on the list, just simply check 'OTHER'. There are more than 20 books that are part of this so unfortunately they cannot all be listed individually.

The books not listed:
  • Avengers Arena
  • Cable & X-Force
  • Morbius: The Living Vampire
  • Uncanny X-Force
  • Fearless Defenders
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Nova

Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova both start this month.

Last edited:
My reading list:
  • Uncanny Avengers
  • A+X
  • All-New X-Men
  • Uncanny X-Men
  • FF
  • Fantastic Four
  • Savage Wolverine
  • Thor: God of Thunder
  • Young Avengers
  • Avengers
  • New Avengers
  • Secret Avengers
  • Captain America
  • Indestructible Hulk
  • Cable & X-Force
  • Uncanny X-Force

Also will be checking out:
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Nova
  • Wolverine
  • X-Men
  • Age of Ultron
  • Thanos: Uprising

I was reading Iron Man, but stopped. Also was checking out Deadpool, which I think the writers are doing a great job, but it's not a book I really make sure to check out when it's released. I just give a it a look whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:
I voted for several that I'm reading, but might not be for much longer and/or ones I don't really care about; I'm just reading them to keep up on what's going on.

The ones that I'm reading that I like are Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Incredible Hulk, FF, Thor, and Young Avengers.

I'm reading books such as Fantastic Four, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Men, etc., but not because I'm enjoying them.

E said:
I voted for several that I'm reading, but might not be for much longer and/or ones I don't really care about; I'm just reading them to keep up on what's going on.

I like all the ones I read with Fantastic Four and Cable & X-Force the least, but enough to keep reading.

I like all the ones I read with Fantastic Four and Cable & X-Force the least, but enough to keep reading.

I'd like Cable and the X-Force a lot better if it wasn't for all the crappy action. I really like the way that Hopeless writes the characters, especially the dialogue between them but the rest kinda sucks.

I'm curious about Wood's X-Men title and Cornell's Wolverine but I don't think I'll be picking them up. I read more X-Books right now than I ever have. I don't think I need any more.

I forgot that was another I tried out and dropped after two issues. No thanks.

Blargh.

Describe it.

Professor X's son, the one with the ridiculous Dragonball Z hair, who has practically unlimited superpowers that are each the domain of one of his multiple personalities, has learned to keep them in check by building a mental prison. Then Daddy X dies and the prison breaks down. Now he's on the run in the real world while trying to keep the deviant personalities in his mind from running amok. So his head is overrun by these dozens of bizarre figment maniacs. Whenever he subdues one of them, he gains control of that power, but if one of them overpowers him, they gain control of his body.

Last edited:
Thor god of thunder is my sleeper series of the marvel now. Was not a big Thor fan but this is prob the marvel now title I look forward to most when it comes out. love how they make it all tie in although still wondering how they will continue the Thor at different time periods if and when this first villain/arc is over.

Blargh.

Professor X's son, the one with the ridiculous Dragonball Z hair, who has practically unlimited superpowers that are each the domain of one of his multiple personalities, has learned to keep them in check by building a mental prison. Then Daddy X dies and the prison breaks down. Now he's on the run in the real world while trying to keep the deviant personalities in his mind from running amok. So his head is overrun by these dozens of bizarre figment maniacs. Whenever he subdues one of them, he gains control of that power, but if one of them overpowers him, they gain control of his body.

That sounds better in writing than the final product.

So far just Young Avengers (and I may not stick with even that), but at some point I do want to check out Avengers, New Avengers, and especially Uncanny Avengers.

I'm basically just reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Hawkeye right now, as well as getting caught up on older titles.

So far just Young Avengers (and I may not stick with even that), but at some point I do want to check out Avengers, New Avengers, and especially Uncanny Avengers.

I highly recommend all 3. Avengers and New Avengers tie in to each other as well.

X-Men Legacy is the only one I read.

So no one else reads or has checked out A+X? They've been fun, enjoyable, good short stories. The best has been from last issue with Doop and Iron Fist teaming up. That needs to happen more often. :lol:

So no one else reads or has checked out A+X? They've been fun, enjoyable, good short stories. The best has been from last issue with Doop and Iron Fist teaming up. That needs to happen more often. :lol:

The cover dress made it look like it spins directly off of Avengers vs. X-Men, which I didn't care enough about to continue with.

The cover dress made it look like it spins directly off of Avengers vs. X-Men, which I didn't care enough about to continue with.

It has nothing to do with what happened in AvX. It is just the new Marvel team-up book simply with just one X-Man and one Avenger in each story (two per issue).

The stories are... random stories with the characters used. Like one story was with Captain America and Quentin Quire taking down some hidden bunker base or something like that.

It has nothing to do with what happened in AvX. It is just the new Marvel team-up book simply with just one X-Man and one Avenger in each story (two per issue).

The stories are... random stories with the characters used. Like one story was with Captain America and Quentin Quire taking down some hidden bunker base or something like that.

OK, that I might actually check out.

Latest posts

Back