Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

I like that idea. Nobody cares about The Collector.

The general public didn't care about Iron Man until RDJ portrayed him onscreen and won over audiences. If the Collector is written well, and Benicio does his normal job of acting like a major boss, it might stand out.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Set Pictures: Nova Corps And Other Aliens On The Run

Shooting for James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy took place on London’s Millennium Bridge this morning.

Those aliens look awesome. Can't wait to see this film.

Vin Diesel posted a picture of Groot on his Facebook page. While that's not a confirmation of who he will be playing in the MCU, it is an obvious indicator.

I suspect we'll be hearing an official announcement about the role and him playing it (or not) by either Marvel, Feige, or Gunn soon.

Also, I think that's a good fit. Diesel has a very distinct voice, and his role as the Iron Giant showed he can bring that voice to animated roles with amazing success.

Last edited:
It was shown at D23 too.

I am so pumped! I wasn't even this excited for The Avengers

It will be pretty funny if all Vin Diesel gets to say is "I am Groot" over and over.

Dude, if you're saying the general public (not comic fans) cared about Iron Man at all before Downey portrayed him on screen, I'm calling shenanigans. Obviously comic nerds like us did, but your normal ho-humbuddy wouldn't have known Iron Man from Starlord.

Kids weren't dressing up as Iron Man for Halloween until after the film came out, and as anyone knows, children's Halloween costumes are the true barometer of success and identifiability. ;)

Nice.

Pretty good! I'm glad Star Lord has his traditional mask/helmet. And Rocket Raccoon looks really good.

What is this leaked from?

This is from D23 I believe.

I'd say SDCC. Only place I'm aware of that showed any footage.

Pretty sure it's from D23. The SDCC trailer was longer, involved dialogue, etc, at least from descriptions I've read.

Plus, if it was from SDCC I'd think it've been posted and taken down weeks ago. :)

It will be pretty funny if all Vin Diesel gets to say is "I am Groot" over and over.

Lol. It'd be a ***** remembering all those lines...er, line.

Is it terrible that, out of all the announced Marvel Studios movies, this is the one I'm most excited about?

Is it terrible that, out of all the announced Marvel Studios movies, this is the one I'm most excited about?

No. It's completely different to all of their other movies so far - it has the potential to be the most interesting one yet.

Not terrible at all. In fact many of the comic fans and fans of the MCU (even people who've never read a GotG comic) are looking forward to this more than the others, except for Avengers - Age of Ultron. But personally, much as I'm looking forward to Avengers 2, I'm more excited for this mainly because its such a departure from their other movies, will have a great sense of humor and righteous weirdness, and its directed by Gunn. It's going to be amazing.

No. It's completely different to all of their other movies so far - it has the potential to be the most interesting one yet.

My sentiments exactly.

I've seen now a couple of different takes on this - Marvel has no problem making a movie with a talking, gun-toting raccoon and DC is insisting that they can't make a Wonder Woman movie because it's too confusing or whatever they said. I'm not saying this is a DC vs. Marvel thing, I'm saying that, yes, this IS different and interesting and they are willing to be different with it, unlike other comic movies in the past.

I'm surprised (in a good way) that they seem to putting so much into this. This isn't a rinky-dink production of a C-list character. They are going all out with this, particularly in marketing.

I've seen now a couple of different takes on this - Marvel has no problem making a movie with a talking, gun-toting raccoon and DC is insisting that they can't make a Wonder Woman movie because it's too confusing or whatever they said. I'm not saying this is a DC vs. Marvel thing, I'm saying that, yes, this IS different and interesting and they are willing to be different with it, unlike other comic movies in the past.

I'm surprised (in a good way) that they seem to putting so much into this. This isn't a rinky-dink production of a C-list character. They are going all out with this, particularly in marketing.

Which is exactly how it should be. Comic fans tend to argue a lot about which properties are salable based on how popular that characters' comic book sells and how well the casual audience is familiar with them, but Marvel seems to understand that's not the case. It's about the potential the property has in terms of telling an interesting story in the given medium. I hope Guardians is a smash hit.

Now, if WB would just realize the potential their Kirby-created properties have for video game adaptations, I'd be a delighted camper.

Last edited:
Which is exactly how it should be. Comic fans tend to argue a lot about which properties are salable based on how popular that characters' comic book sells and how well the casual audience is familiar with them, but Marvel seems to understand that's not the case. It's about the potential the property has in terms of telling an interesting story in the given medium. I hope Guardians is a smash hit.

Now, if WB would just realize the potential their Kirby-created properties have for video game adaptations, I'd be a delighted camper.

That's a good point. The worthwhile properties will sell themselves based on their inherent characters and ideas as long as the script is strong and its translated in the right way. Easier said than done, but still doable.

Michael Rooker as Yondu.

yondu-1.png

Latest posts

Back