Marvel Studios Updates

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Movies Status - Avi Arad

Avi Arad on Marvel Studios' Upcoming Slate!
Source: a1ant
March 1, 2005

Marvel Studios' Avi Arad talked at a webcast from the Bear Stearns Conference today and gave an update on the company's upcoming movie slate. Here is the rundown, thanks to 'a1ant':

X-MEN 3: (Paraphrasing) "Going to the future...we are feverishly working on X-MEN! The cast is IN. We will shortly announce the director. This week was active, because everyone was in this week for Oscar. Our choices are very interesting. X-Men is a drama, and we want to get it right for X3. An announcement will come very soon!"

PUNISHER 2:
A script is finished. They did bad in the box-office, because of KILL BILL 2, said Arad.

SUB MARINER: "It's STAR WARS, under water. It's our version of the TERMINATOR."

LUKE CAGE: They wanted Jamie Foxx for the project, before his Oscar win. Now he's not sure if they could get him, but said they might find "the next Jamie Foxx".

DAREDEVIL 2:
"Daredevil's going to take a rest."

HULK 2:
"Active development."

FANTASTIC FOUR: The "feel good movie of the Summer." There's supposed to be a presentation and premiere of new footage at the Showest Convention.

Source:www.SuperheroHype.com

Last edited:
X-Men 3 - a little worried about but anxiously waiting for it.

Punisher 2 - Definitely want to see this.

Sub Marniner - Probably not going to be any good

Luke Cage - Looking forward to it. Wish 50 Cent was still attached.

Daredevil 2 - Not surprised :evil:

Hulk 2 - Hopefully with a new director this one will be better than the first.

Fantastic Four - I think it'll be good.

** Why didn't he mention Ghost Rider? Oh well, I'm looking forward to that.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Sub Marniner - Probably not going to be any good
I'm no fan of Namor's but Avi Arad is on record for really loving the property or at least wanting to make some kind of environmental cautionary tale out of it that I think it's going to be something more than half-assed effort, whether or not it's true to the character (and based on small indications over the years, it's not).

And regardless of what we think of Avi Arad, he's been able to build solid bankable and LIKABLE brands out of the X-Men and Spider-Man franchises, so that's got to count for something. (Now Mutant X, that's ANOTHER story altogether).

TheManWithoutFear said:
I take no credit for it. If I didn't do it, you probably would've a little later on today.
Hey, first come-first served.

But I do also wonder why Ghost Rider wasn't mentioned...:?

TheManWithoutFear said:
LUKE CAGE: They wanted Jamie Foxx for the project, before his Oscar win. Now he's not sure if they could get him, but said they might find "the next Jamie Foxx".

There is one Jamie Foxx. Go looking for someone to act like Jamie Foxx, and you get Jimmy Fallon (an Adam Sandler rip-off). And that is very bad.

I don't have a problem with them wanting an unknown, but don't look for someone trying to be Jamie Foxx. I hope that's not what he's getting at.

UltimateE said:
There is one Jamie Foxx. Go looking for someone to act like Jamie Foxx, and you get Jimmy Fallon (an Adam Sandler rip-off). And that is very bad.

I don't have a problem with them wanting an unknown, but don't look for someone trying to be Jamie Foxx. I hope that's not what he's getting at.
I agree. There is only one Jamie Foxx.

And hey, Jimmy Fallon IS NO RIP-OFF of anyone! :evil:

icemastertron said:
And hey, Jimmy Fallon IS NO RIP-OFF of anyone! :evil:

I hate Jimmy Fallon with every fiber of my being.

Sorry Ice. :(

UltimateE said:
I hate Jimmy Fallon with every fiber of my being.

Sorry Ice. :(
:shock:

My ears, they bleed....

But anyways, I'm guessing Josh Whedon might not be the director for X3, since he's gonna be workin' on his Serenity movie.

E, I think they meant that whoever the young black actor they get to play Cage , because of how good the movie is going to be, will bring the newbie up to Jamie Foxx status... I do wish it was 50 though I could so see him doing it.

Fallon is totally a rip-off of Adam Sandler.

Does anyone know is Hulk made more than Daredevil? I agree with them on not making a sequel to DD (their own damn fault) but I thought because Hulk cost so much that Daredevil made more than.

jamie Foxx is Jamie foxx, just anothe in a long line of comedians to sucessfuly make the switch to dramatic actor. Jim Carey did it, Tom Hanks did it, it's not news.

Baxter said:
jamie Foxx is Jamie foxx, just anothe in a long line of comedians to sucessfuly make the switch to dramatic actor. Jim Carey did it, Tom Hanks did it, it's not news.

My post kind of read like I think Foxx is some sort of God who cannot be duplicated - that's not what I meant. I don't even think he's that funny. But the point is, if the attitude is to look for someone like Foxx to act like Foxx would, that is bad. His quote wasn't clear on if that was the intent.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, and I'm not a big fan of that kind of music or anything but I've seen him in interviews and I've read some Cage (he appears in Daredevil often) So I totally bought him playing the part.
Yeah, I can buy it too. 50 cent has that street image and toughness that goes into Luke's character.

That be awesome if they could scour the globe for Tupac just so that he could play the role, wouldn't it? :lol:

Some more stuff...

The Latest Marvel Superhero Updates
Posted: Wednesday March 2nd, 2005 3:33pm
Source: Digital Entropy
Author: Garth Franklin

Marvel Enterprises heads Avi Arad and Peter Cuneo presented an overview of the Company at the Bear Stearns 18th Annual Media Conference in Palm Beach, Florida yesterday and Marvel Gateway has taken down the important points about their movies in development from that meeting:

- The cast of the "Fantastic Four" movie is currently signed on for multiple films.

- "Ghost Rider" is definitely aiming for a PG-13 rating. Peter Fonda is officially signed on to play Mephisto.

- For "X3" the cast is in and a director announcement should be coming soon.

- Jamie Foxx was being looked at for "Luke Cage" before his Oscar win. Foxx has now put his decision on hold and Avi says they're looking around.

- Director Nick Cassavetes is currently doing a rewrite of "Iron Man". Avi says it will be a "huge movie" and be like "G.I. Joe meets James Bond meets Tom Clancy."

- Set as a high priority at Paramount Pictures, "Deathlok" is Marvel's version of the Terminator. The movie is a go with one of the better scripts in town.

- Avi mentioned an "action television Blade show." A Blade TV series?

- "Punisher 2" wise they are finishing the script right now.

- A "Curious George" film is set to be released in Feb 2006 with Ron Howard and Brian Grazer producing. An animated television series of Curious George will debut in the Fall of 2006.

- "Daredevil" is in a period of rest right now as they're hoping for people to forget Elektra before moving on to a sequel.

- A deal is just about done with "Thor", and is considered a very big character yet to be touched.

- Marvel and Lions Gate Films will make animated films as previously announced, with Avengers being the first movie to be out in Q1 2006. Lions Gate will handle distribution with Marvel being the creative consultant. The movies will all be direct-to-video. The studio is currently developing a third now, which is expected to be Iron Man.

- AnteFilms Productions, a leading French animation producer, will produce a "Fantastic Four" animated television series with Marvel being a creative oversight and having part ownership.

For more details from the conference... http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/MM.html.

Thanks to 'Scott'

Source: www.DarkHorizons.com

Latest posts

Back