Marvel Throw Down...

This game is canned

There were announcements made last year that EA and Marvel had plans of creating a new fighting game franchise that would feature characters from Marvel's stable roster. It seems that we won't be able to experience those words turning into a reality since both companies have now split up, leaving the developments in a standstill.

Apparently, this break-up shouldn't be much of a surprise since there were already signs that showed up before. One, EA's Chicago studio that brought us Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects was shut down last year. Two, the producer of the said game, Kudo Tsunoda, has since left the company.

Regarding this matter, an official statement was by Justin Lombros, Vice President of Marvel Interactive. He said:

Electronic Arts and Marvel have jointly agreed to discontinue development of Marvel fighting games under the Electronic Arts brand. This was a business decision based on Electronic Arts portfolio strategy and will not affect Marvel's ongoing plans to release fighting games based on the Marvel properties in the future.

From this break-up, Marvel still has plans of continuing its character-based fighting game franchise. Although no official word has been released on what developers or publishers will be partnering with Marvel Comics.

They will still make a fighting game but not this.

I hope they go back to Capcom

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Marvel-and-EA-part-ways-on-Marvel-fighting-game-franchise/pg/49/aid/112540

Last edited:
The EA game looked okay.

But personally- I want POWER STONE with Marvel characters. A fully interactive adventure map with lots of jumping around. I don't want split-screen nonsense like Halo. A fighter should have all the guys on the screen at the same time. All of you huddled together.

SUPER SMASH BROS is a 2D version of POWER STONE. It's cool - but I want huge arenas with lots of destructive scenery that progressively changes. I've been dreaming about it since I was 12. We have the technology now. I demand my dreams become true.

The EA game looked okay.

But personally- I want POWER STONE with Marvel characters. A fully interactive adventure map with lots of jumping around. I don't want split-screen nonsense like Halo. A fighter should have all the guys on the screen at the same time. All of you huddled together.

SUPER SMASH BROS is a 2D version of POWER STONE. It's cool - but I want huge arenas with lots of destructive scenery that progressively changes. I've been dreaming about it since I was 12. We have the technology now. I demand my dreams become true.
Brilliant. I would buy this in a second.

I want a new Marvel v Capcom, using the new SFIV engine

i don't like the way the characters look. Ryu looks even less japanese than he did before. The action and gameplay do look pretty though.

Yes well, the Street Fighter series has never really been a stickler for realism in character design, but I'm kinda hip on the faux 3D look, just kinda imagining what someone like Omega Red would look like in that style.

I don't see how the 2-1/2 D set up is so appealing for SF4

didn't they more or less do that in SF EX3? (i think there may have been a little side stepping)

I don't see how the 2-1/2 D set up is so appealing for SF4

didn't they more or less do that in SF EX3? (i think there may have been a little side stepping)

it's still truly 2D, the models are just more rendered than the standard cell/sprite model

Smash Bros is 2D? When did that happen?

That would be pretty damn cool.

Ryu looks even less japanese than he did before.

Maybe he found a cure for teh Asian! :lol:

Another company that could be cool is Dimps. They made the DragonBall Z Budokai games and DragonBall Z Budokai 3 was conspired a great fighting game. That could be pretty cool and interesting.

*goes to youtube to see this*

STREET FIGHTER FOUR. OMG. It's like... it's the not too distant future!

Smash Bros is 2D? When did that happen?

3D graphics, but it's 2D. You move fowards and backwards, up and down. You can't move sideways, deeper into the map or out of it. POWER STONE was totally 3D. You could move in any direction.

That's not to say SMASH BROS isn't super awesome! It is! But I really want a Marvel POWER STONE.

3D graphics, but it's 2D. You move fowards and backwards, up and down. You can't move sideways, deeper into the map or out of it. POWER STONE was totally 3D. You could move in any direction.

That's not to say SMASH BROS isn't super awesome! It is! But I really want a Marvel POWER STONE.

Ahhhh

I see what you mean. I thought it was just a mistake and was taking the piss. But I get what you mean.

*goes to youtube to see this*

STREET FIGHTER FOUR. OMG. It's like... it's the not too distant future!

smash bros. is 2.5D

they tried to pull of Marvel Power Stone with Rise of the Imperfects, it didn't turn out so well, mind you it didn't exactly follow the formula

have any of you guys played Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks? I think a set-up much like that would work great

Latest posts

Back