Marvel Zombies series discussion (spoilers)

I have a problem with the new cover. I don't understand why Black Panther isn't infected with the virus yet Wilson Fisk is made into a zombie. Same with Tony Stark. Why is he a zombie. No one is ever consistent when it comes to zombies and what makes them tick.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I have a problem with the new cover. I don't understand why Black Panther isn't infected with the virus yet Wilson Fisk is made into a zombie. Same with Tony Stark. Why is he a zombie. No one is ever consistent when it comes to zombies and what makes them tick.
Dude...its just a cover...

TheManWithoutFear said:

It looks to me like Pym whisked BP away before anyone could get him...I don't see what's to have a problem with. Even if Pym is slowly eating BP, he's cutting limbs off first, so the rest of him wouldn't be infected.

i don't see the problem with the cover here...maybe fisk was too fat too taste good, so daredevil just bit him, choked on some fat, then let fisk become zombified...you never know

Seriously, it's just a cover! They just took famous covers, and made them zombified! Doesn't mean what's on the cover reflects what goes on in the story!

And about Black Panther...read E's post.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So Pym is useing Black Panther as a food source and a guinea pig for the cure?

Yes. Are you not reading this?

Take a look at this!

MARVEL ZOMBIES #5 (of 5)
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by SEAN PHILLIPS
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
Is it wedding bells—or an Undead extravaganza!?! The world-devouring Galactus makes his way to Earth to discover the dominant life form is—Marvel Zombies! Can the zombies defend their world from the Big G or will they meet their end in a planet-wide conflagration? The answer will shock you in this conclusion that ties into Ultimate Fantastic Four: "Frightful," beginning next month!

So the mini. tie back into the Ultimate Fantastic Four. So maybe the Zombie FF escape, and we'll get that big fight between The UFF & the Zombie FF after all!

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Take a look at this!

MARVEL ZOMBIES #5 (of 5)
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by SEAN PHILLIPS
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
Is it wedding bells—or an Undead extravaganza!?! The world-devouring Galactus makes his way to Earth to discover the dominant life form is—Marvel Zombies! Can the zombies defend their world from the Big G or will they meet their end in a planet-wide conflagration? The answer will shock you in this conclusion that ties into Ultimate Fantastic Four: "Frightful," beginning next month!

So the mini. tie back into the Ultimate Fantastic Four. So maybe the Zombie FF escape, and we'll get that big fight between The UFF & the Zombie FF after all!

The Ultimate Frightful Four.....clever.

So what cover is the cover to # 5 based on? I was making a list of the originals and I don't know what that issue's based on. Here are the others:

Marvel Zombies # 1 - Amazing Fantasy # 15
Marvel Zombies # 2 - The Avengers # 4
Marvel Zombies # 3 - The Incredible Hulk # 340
Marvel Zombies # 4 - X-Men # 1 (it was called just X-Men then, right?)
Marvel Zombies # 5 - ?
Marvel Zombies # 1 variant - Spider-Man # 1

icemastertron said:
Named one of the Books of the Month by Wizard.

I couldn't care less about Wizard's opinion, but I really enjoyed it. Not only was it a new and interesting take on the zombie genre, but it has a nice underlying sense of humor to it and is genuinely interesting. I'm looking forward to #3 coming out next week and the rest of the series.

So, they ate Silver Surfer. I didn't think they'd be able to do that.

Spoiler for those who want it - he actually put up a good fight, but Hulk bit his head off. They all ate him, and found they received some of his cosmic power. Captain America shot energy from his hands. They all agreed that it would make finding food much easier.

At the end, Galactus appeared and the zombies were poised to attack.

Oh, and Black Panther "rescued" Wasp (her head, anyway), and she begged him for some flesh - a finger or something. Ew.

And they ran into a group of uninfected people, but to be honest I read through pretty quickly and didn't recognize if they were supposed to be anyone familiar...

and then someone posts a spoiler to another book when no one asks! moments after not posting it to a book where i do ask!

i thought this was great, loved the panel after the battle between cosmic zombies and normal zombies. i originally thought it was awful that they could pierce silver surfer, then eat the energy inside of him, but the outcome was hilarious.

Re: #3

UltimateE said:
And they ran into a group of uninfected people, but to be honest I read through pretty quickly and didn't recognize if they were supposed to be anyone familiar...
They are the Acolytes. The leader is Fabian Cortez.

Latest posts

Back