Treacleman

This is a complete timeline of the Marvel's Avengers (2020) video game series and its tie-in media in chronological order, with placements chosen to give the best possible reading order for new players. Currently this includes the upcoming game, its prequel novel and prequel comics. I will continue to update this timeline here and on my website as more media is released.

Marvel's Avengers: Road to A-Day
Marvel's Avengers: The Extinction Key
Marvel's Avengers: Reassemble
Marvel's Avengers: Avengers Initiative
Marvel's Avengers: Taking AIM
Marvel's Avengers: Future Imperfect

If anyone's interested, I'll be livestreaming the beta for the game on my Twitch channel this weekend :D

Last edited:
This is a complete timeline of the Marvel's Avengers (2020) video game series and its tie-in media in chronological order, with placements chosen to give the best possible reading order for new players. Currently this includes the upcoming game, its prequel novel and prequel comics. I will continue to update this timeline here and on my website as more media is released.

Marvel's Avengers: Road to A-Day
Marvel's Avengers: The Extinction Key
Marvel's Avengers

If anyone's interested, I'll be livestreaming the beta for the game on my Twitch channel this weekend :D
does the spiderman ps4 game take place in the same universe

Reactions: Dok
This timeline is a little abandoned
to be fair, the game is as well.

you can get the definitive edition with everything unlocked for dirt cheap these days. I think I might play it before it gets delisted

so I played through the Marvel's Avengers game and its DLC and... yeah its bad but in a frustrating way, because there are these frequent glimmers of an amazing game. It looks gorgeous, the character interactions are fun and the story is decent... but the Live service aspects really kill it. I found it really hard to actually follow the story of the game given how the missions are just littered on the "objectives" page at random and are all accessable from the beginning. Also if you are planning to play this yourself (and you are running out of time) on the main menu click "campaign" DO NOT click "play now" as it takes you to the post-game and opens with a spoiler-filled recap of the entire story, including the DLCs...

anyways, OPs is slightly wrong, as the portrayal of characters in the comics and novel indicates that the novel comes first. Also it is missing the online story "A Sunset with You" which was written for Pride, and there is also a Ms Marvel tie-in comic that wasnt published but you can find a completed version of it floating around online.

for anyone who is interested, I wrote up a quick timeline of all the media. "BAD" stands for "Before A-Day" and AAD stands for "After A-Day", however I personally assume A-day happened in 2020 (Interestingly the lead-up to A-Day does represent the intense fandom-era of the late 2010s while everything post A-day does have that more gloomy post-pandemic '20s feel)

Red - Text stories
Green - Comic story
Blue - Main game (with relevant game chapter titles listed)
Purple - DLC

5000BC

Extinction Key: Prologue

1940s

Marvel's Avengers: Captain America pg 11-14

5 yr BAD

Marvel's Avengers: Black Widow pg 1-19

1 yr BAD Roughly October-November

Extinction Key Chapters 1-32

1 yr BAD

Marvel's Avengers: Iron Man

Marvel's Avenger's: Thor

Marvel's Avengers: Hulk

Marvel's Avengers: Captain America pg 1-10, 15-20

Marvel's Avengers: Black Widow pg 20

Marvel's Avengers: Ms Marvel pg 1-6

AD

Marvel's Avengers Extinction Key epilogue

Marvel's Avengers: I want to be an Avenger

Marvel's Avengers: The Light that failed

5 yr AAD

Marvel's Avengers: Ms Marvel pg 6-22

Marvel's Avengers: New Normal- By Force of mind

Marvel's Avengers DLC: Taking AIM

Marvel's Avengers DLC: Future Imperfect

Marvel's Avengers: Breaking the Odds

Marvel's Avengers DLC: War for Wakanda

Marvel's Avengers Klaw Raid Discordant sound

"A Sunset With You"

so I played through the Marvel's Avengers game and its DLC and... yeah its bad but in a frustrating way, because there are these frequent glimmers of an amazing game. It looks gorgeous, the character interactions are fun and the story is decent... but the Live service aspects really kill it. I found it really hard to actually follow the story of the game given how the missions are just littered on the "objectives" page at random and are all accessable from the beginning. Also if you are planning to play this yourself (and you are running out of time) on the main menu click "campaign" DO NOT click "play now" as it takes you to the post-game and opens with a spoiler-filled recap of the entire story, including the DLCs...

anyways, OPs is slightly wrong, as the portrayal of characters in the comics and novel indicates that the novel comes first. Also it is missing the online story "A Sunset with You" which was written for Pride, and there is also a Ms Marvel tie-in comic that wasnt published but you can find a completed version of it floating around online.

for anyone who is interested, I wrote up a quick timeline of all the media. "BAD" stands for "Before A-Day" and AAD stands for "After A-Day", however I personally assume A-day happened in 2020 (Interestingly the lead-up to A-Day does represent the intense fandom-era of the late 2010s while everything post A-day does have that more gloomy post-pandemic '20s feel)

Red - Text stories
Green - Comic story
Purple - DLC

5000BC

1940s

5 yr BAD

1 yr BAD

AD

5 yr AAD

"A Sunset With You"
What about the Hero events and the Avengers initiative?

Is the BAD-AAD made up by you? Why can not people understand that calendars go from 1 Before Something to 1 After Something without the 0BS, 0AS or "Year Zero" thing?
Edit: After reading the message it seems ruder that I intended it, sorry if it gives that impression

Is the BAD-AAD made up by you? Why can not people understand that calendars go from 1 Before Something to 1 After Something without the 0BS, 0AS or "Year Zero" thing?
Edit: After reading the message it seems ruder that I intended it, sorry if it gives that impression
i did yeah, I wrote this up on my laptop and I needed something as a placeholder and anchoring it around A-day made sense. I might alter it and just go with the idea that "A-Day" took place in 2020 because its not like this subfranchise is going to go on for decades and have lots of conflicts with that timeline.

What about the Hero events and the Avengers initiative?
my understanding is that the hero events for the core team take place between the main game and first DLC, and the other war zone events and miscellaneous missions take place post the main campaign and interwoven with the DLC. I didnt play any of them as I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer and this game is pretty much dead anyway, but I tried to list the ones that had strong plot relevance, like "Breaking the odds".

That being said, if there was a release schedule somewhere then it could be possible to create an accurate timeline using the the release dates of each particular event...

Red - Text stories
Green - Comic story
Purple - DLC

5000BC

1940s

5 yr BAD

1 yr BAD

AD

5 yr AAD

"A Sunset With You"
There's also the Modok raid that leads to us freeinh Bucky that would then lead to his small objective quests.

Latest posts

Back