- Oct 4, 2022
So I hope you liked my little riddle, so you were wondering why are you doing this? Well it's not a dream, but I have some sort of objective: Saw a complete Earth-616 timeline before I die, well IDK if this is possible, but we will try. So I started the project a year ago, and making a thread cos my PC is running out of memory, so you guys have some questions, so I will answer on I think the most important ones:
- Talking about the big thing, THE SLIDING TIMELINE or MARVEL TIME, what is this thing? Well it's basically a way to continue to have characters young even if they are active from 70 years, but there is a but, it seems that there is an internal civil war (you saw what I did here, right?) at marvel on which the Marvel Time exist or not. So Marvels is a miniseries that tells the history of the marvel universe from the debut of the 1st Human Torch (not Jhonny, but Jim Hammond the one from WW2, he made a cameo in Captain America the first Avengers) to the Death of Gwen Stacy. In the Marvels annotated the author revealed that he doesn't belive that marvel use a sliding timeline, so he didn't used it. That's why we have a vintage look of the city and everything; another point is the series Doctor Doom 2099, in which in the final comics of the series, Doom goes back in time, but when? Year 1? Year 5? Year 15? No 1996 *facepalm*. So the Marvel Time doesn't exist? No. Galctus or better Gah Lac Tus stated that the Marvel time is a thing. So we can take 2 roads. Ignoring Marvel Time, or Ignoring the dates. I propose instead a third road: Both. Wait wait, don't rise your forks, let me explain, Our real world earth exist in the marvel multiverse, what I'm suggesting is that if you are a Earth-616 inhabitants the Modern Age (the period between the Origin of the Fantastic Four to the present) lasted 15 years, but on our earth it lasted 70 years.
- what about the Golden Age, well guys that's a 100% NOPE I read the original Human Torch Comics but they were tedious and I can't do it again since I will have to read my nemesis too...The Sub-Mariner Comics, that's a not. There is a hope for this, but I will talk about it after answering your questions.
- So I want to do something original, so I'm taking into consideration the TRN reality numbers, I felt that most of them were excluded, while some of them actually enrich the story, so I will add SOME of them (I repeat SOME not ALL of them) to the timeline, one example are: Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time and Ultimate Spider-Man (I will explain this later) an example of the countrary is the Ultimate Alliance games, yes they are really a 1:1 copy of the comics, but they have a reality designation, so not canon.
- Wait you want to have the ultimate Spider-Man game on Earth-616? Nope, I will have of course to dive into the multiverse, like the possible futures, House of M and the Ultimate Universe.
- Yes, I called this Earth-616 to see how many casual Marvel fans will think this is the MCU and then being confused.