Mary Jane or Kitty: Who do you like Peter with more?

Mary Jane or Kitty

• Mary Jane

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Kitty

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Other/None (You're being difficult)

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
Because real-life relationships = relationships that are there for the sake of entertainment, right? A relationship that is based on "making two people happy" is the exact same as a relationship that exists in a fantasy world and is based on "being a plot device to allow for interesting stories to be told", right?

An example as ridiculous as the one you just provided is...surprising.

Because real-life relationships = relationships that are there for the sake of entertainment, right? A relationship that is based on "making two people happy" is the exact same as a relationship that exists in a fantasy world and is based on "being a plot device to allow for interesting stories to be told", right?

An example as ridiculous as the one you just provided is...surprising.

No, but it sets a good example. You have you're hot shot playboys like Johnny and Iceman. It's good to know about people like Sue/Reed, Pete/MJ. Just because it's set in afantasy world doesn't mean it has to "relieve" us of the "burdening relationships" we face in real life.

That fantasy world is there for entertainment. Frankly, I don't find a 4 decades long, played out story to be even remotely entertaining. Judging by the current poll results, I'd say that's a common feeling. That fantasy world exists so that new stories can be told, not rehashes of 40 year old 616 stories, not so a new continuity exactly like the 616 can exist. The argument that real life relationships can last 40 years ergo a soap-opera relationship (and that's basically what it amounts to) must do the same is without merit.

That fantasy world is there for entertainment. Frankly, I don't find a 4 decades long, played out story to be even remotely entertaining. Judging by the current poll results, I'd say that's a common feeling. That fantasy world exists so that new stories can be told, not rehashes of 40 year old 616 stories, not so a new continuity exactly like the 616 can exist. The argument that real life relationships can last 40 years ergo a soap-opera relationship (and that's basically what it amounts to) must do the same is without merit.

You are missing his point. Peter Parker has always been the everyman, accounting for his popularity. How many ordinary men want to grow up, and marry the woman they love, and stay faithful to her for the rest of their life?
Go to any store and see how many Spider-man products you see, marketed at young boys mainly. Even though he is a fictional character, many young boys see Spider-man as "their hero", they look up to him. It's true.
So why not set a good example? Have your hero love one girl, and have him marry her and stay faithful to her. Show kids that it's the right thing to do.
I'm going to get mocked for this, but go watch any neighbourhood kids playing, and more often than not the boys will be playing "Spider-man." It's not just entertainment.

I'm sorry but I think it is pretty clear that Peter is no playboy nor is he even remotely trying to be in either universe. While it is a great story, Peter and MJ, it is still an old story. No, you do not just throw it out but if want to remake that same story or flat out keep that story in a different series, at the very least, you have to shake it up a bit or else it will be boring.

I'm sorry but I think it is pretty clear that Peter is no playboy nor is he even remotely trying to be in either universe. While it is a great story, Peter and MJ, it is still an old story. No, you do not just throw it out but if want to remake that same story or flat out keep that story in a different series, at the very least, you have to shake it up a bit or else it will be boring.

Nobody wants Flash Thompson as Spider-Man.

I third, fourth and fifth it. Particularly the ultimate version of Flash Thompson. Regardless, the story still needs to be shaken up a bit. New and/or different challenges.

No one. I'd prefer it if he were alone...so alone...so alone!!!

Yeah, give him a break from the whole dating thing for a while.

But if I had to choose between the two...Kitty. It's something fresh in a universe where there are supposed to be some twists and turns to the Spider-Man mythos.

Latest posts

Back