Max Payne 3

Comparing this game to the rest of the series...

• I'm definitely buying.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It might be good to rent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure what to think yet.

• This game will ruin the series.

• I don't care.

• Total voters

T_Montalbano

Max Payne 3 is an upcoming third-person shooter video game developed by Rockstar Vancouver and published by Rockstar Games for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. This is the first game in the series not to be developed by Finnish game developer Remedy Entertainment, and not being written by series creator Sam Lake.

The game was originally scheduled for release in late 2009. However, it was pushed back to 2010, alongside several other Take Two Interactive franchises, in order to "benefit from having more development time."

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne_3
For updates: http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/index2.php

I liked the first two, and, from the looks of the screenshots, it'll finally take place in sunlight. The first one took place during a snowstorm and the second one seemed to either be nighttime all the time or it was just raining a lot.

Max Payne 3 gameplay

The healing system will involve Max's in-story addiction to painkillers.

Max can wield two different guns, such as a revolver and an automatic.

Max will only be able to have weapons in a realistic manner, i.e. he will only have one rifle or shotgun at a time and must drop a rifle to shoot in akimbo.

At certain points, particularly when a boss has been thoroughly wounded, the computer will seize control of Max to execute pre-scripted "cinematic" kills without going into a typical cutscene.

Cut scenes will be in real time.

Motion-comics will bridge the gap between the game's different acts.

At times when Max is going through withdrawal, he will see hallucinations.

Max can now use human shields.

Many objects in the game are destructible, such as crates.

The cover system will be introduced in it, though it won't be "the focus of the game."

Max will be able to perform life-saving kill shots should he be near death. If he manages to kill his killer before the screen goes black, he'll spring back to life thanks to an adrenaline boost.

Unofficial teaser

On October 6, 2009 an unoffical teaser was found on 3D Realms' internet forums. Though it was minimal and did not show any kind of gameplay, it did feature the signature Max Payne bullet time and showed a person with the face covered. It received positive acclaim.

Latest posts

Back