May 21st

The usual; sheeple and people hoping to buy absolution. The Catholic church has made a multi-Trillion dollar business.

Ugh, I wish the rapture had happened so we could be rid of these people.

I am praying that tomorrow the Pastor who declared the Rapture will simply say this:

willarnetthugemistake.jpg

If I were him, I'd take some of that money, leave my clothes on the floor in an Obi Wan position without a trace and disappear. If only to see people's reaction.

Last edited:
If I were him, I'd take some of that money, leave my clothes on the floor in an Obi Wan position without a trace and disappear. If only to see people's reaction.

I hate to admit, that'd actually earn some respect from me. There's been rumors that he's killed himself, I don't even see that happening, he's been wrong before. He'll blame bad math and show up again, and the sheeple will come flocking to him.

I hate to admit, that'd actually earn some respect from me. There's been rumors that he's killed himself, I don't even see that happening, he's been wrong before. He'll blame bad math and show up again, and the sheeple will come flocking to him.

Sad but true. The guy's clearly a nut. He said the samething back in 94'.

Most christians knows he's a nut. But some people will follow anyone that claims to be following the voice of the Lord. The bible says in Matthew 24:35-36. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." That right there suggests that he'll never figure it out.

To be fair, with the number of idiots there are in the world, some of them had to be Christians. What really bothers me is how many fools there are that are so willing to follow the idiots.

As an evangelical Christian pastor, that's what truly worries me.

Sad but true. The guy's clearly a nut. He said the samething back in 94'.

Most christians knows he's a nut. But some people will follow anyone that claims to be following the voice of the Lord. The bible says in Matthew 24:35-36. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." That right there suggests that he'll never figure it out.

exactly.

Dude made the same prediction over a decade ago and since then has turned his church into an enormous business. They were interviewing one of the receptionists there who was saying she didn't believe the rapture prediction and all the plans for the church were to continue as usual.

As for him, he sent an internal memo about a week before saying he was leaving his post with the church. He's clearly taking the money and running. Sounds like a smart businessman to me. Good for him.

i may be the only one, but i find your joke about peeing on God's throne to be offensive ZP. I'm not angry and I know that we're not on the same page at all in our worldviews or beliefs and that's fine, I expect a certain level of joking and irreverence about faith and God. Good natured joking is part of what makes this board so fun, but we all need to be respectful of each other in the areas of beliefs, lifestyles, race, nationalities, and Kristen Kreuk. I have my own opinions and beliefs about many of the things you guys believe in, many of the lifestyles you live, etc, and I even poke fun at you for them but I would never want to be disrespectful to any of you in an area that mattered (and i hope you would call me out on it if I do cross the line). All I ask is the same in return. I'm okay with jokes aimed at religion, Christians and even directly at myself, and I can usually appreciate the humour in them, but I actually believe in God and worship Him, so I ask that you not make fun of my God or make jokes that are directly disrespectful to Him (for example, jokes about peeing on His throne).

thanks.

Not to rain on your opinion, but I'd like to add that I am christian and I didn't find it offensive, just slightly humorous, could have been better.

Last edited:
Not to rain on your opinion, but I'd like to add that I am christian and I didn't find it offensive

that's fine, but i'm sure there is something that would be offensive to you if I told a joke about it, and if so I would respect that. My one request is that you not make fun of my God or be directly disrespectful to Him. Make fun of the idiots that follow Him (or claim to follow Him) as much as you like, but don't make fun of Him.

Obviously if you guys choose to disregard my request I can't do anything about it. And I'm not going to be a nag about it. I just wanted to throw it out there, but I've said my piece and I'm done.

i may be the only one, but i find your joke about peeing on God's throne to be offensive ZP. I'm not angry and I know that we're not on the same page at all in our worldviews or beliefs and that's fine, I expect a certain level of joking and irreverence about faith and God. Good natured joking is part of what makes this board so fun, but we all need to be respectful of each other in the areas of beliefs, lifestyles, race, nationalities, and Kristen Kreuk. I have my own opinions and beliefs about many of the things you guys believe in, many of the lifestyles you live, etc, and I even poke fun at you for them but I would never want to be disrespectful to any of you in an area that mattered (and i hope you would call me out on it if I do cross the line). All I ask is the same in return. I'm okay with jokes aimed at religion, Christians and even directly at myself, and I can usually appreciate the humour in them, but I actually believe in God and worship Him, so I ask that you not make fun of my God or make jokes that are directly disrespectful to Him (for example, jokes about peeing on His throne).

thanks.

I was talking about a different God from yours anyway.

I was talking about the silly god made up by a crackpot preacher who raptured people yesterday. The god who does a terrible job of labeling his bathrooms and has a *****in' cheese and meat platter in the foyer and for some stupid reason has an open bar policy. The god who actually wrote "10:00 'til ?" on his rapture fliers.

I respect you enough to assume your God isn't quite so silly as that god.

Not to rain on your opinion, but I'd like to add that I am christian and I didn't find it offensive, just slightly humorous, could have been better.

I'll try harder next time.

Last edited:
So.... any news on the guy who predicted all of this? Wasn't he going to give a statement this monday?

From wiki

Reuters reported on May 21 that the curtains were drawn in Camping's house in Alameda, California and that nobody was answering the door.[36] Camping emerged from his home on May 22, saying that he was "flabbergasted" that the Rapture did not occur, that he was "looking for answers," and would say more when he returned to work on May 23.[37] He also says he has no plans to return the donations given to him by people who believed in his words.[38]

Yeah, he's a scammer ala Benny Hinn or Joel Osteen.

Speaking of which...

[video=youtube;ydCVAff68oA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCVAff68oA[/video]

thanks.

And I'd like to point out that not only is this basic necessary courtesy needed to maintain a functional discussion board, but is board policy as well. And it goes for all religions, no matter if board members are practitioners or not. It does not include Scientology, though. Those guys are fruitcakes.

And Zombiepanda - to be totally honest I don't really buy your explanation and I think you're trying to pull a fast one there. I'm removing it and won't warn or infract for it, but please don't do stuff like that any more. Sorry to be the heavy but it was over the line.

Yeah, he's a scammer ala Benny Hinn or Joel Osteen.

i think if i ever meet Joel Osteen, i might have to Jesus-punch him in the face.

(the only reason i might not is because i might accidentally hit Martin Short, and that would be sad)

128657305931654720.jpg

Speaking of which...

[video=youtube;ydCVAff68oA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCVAff68oA[/video]

[video=youtube;5lvU-DislkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI[/video]

And I'd like to point out that not only is this basic necessary courtesy needed to maintain a functional discussion board, but is board policy as well. And it goes for all religions, no matter if board members are practitioners or not. It does not include Scientology, though. Those guys are fruitcakes.

:lol:

thanks E

Last edited:
LOL! Yeah and if you ended up hitting Short, you might get slapped with an Elderly Abuse charge.

But yeah, it's people like that which keep me away from churches in general. I'll practice quietly in my bedroom...

Latest posts

Back