May the force be with you.

Hellsbuttmonkey

On this day in 1977.....

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...​

Yup... today is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars opening in the cinema.

Only the most awesome trilogy of ever. And giving birth to the greatest villian since Dr.Doom. Vader! Force-chokin' fools since 77.

best space fantasy ever :D
I love Star Wars, the expanded universe is really cool. The movies were awesome, but I'll always think that they should make a movie about other period in the story of the galaxy.

I bought the theatrical versions of the movies even though I already bought the box set a year eearlier. Actually, including VHS I now have four different versions of the original trilogy.

I am Lucas' lapdog.

i'm still reeling from the audacity lucas had to end Empire with a cliffhanger. i couldn't believe it. of course, i get the feeling i'm one of the few on these boards who saw the original trilogy in theaters.

Empire Strikes Back isn't boring. It's the best of the lot with the third coming in a close second (yes, the Third of the NEW trilogy)

The first three movies rock. There's no denying that. Ewoks rock. avoiding hypothermia by wrapping yourself in a Taun-Taun rocks. I just don't care at all about the expanded universe.

Empire is better.
All I can think when reading this is...

Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back?"
Dante Hicks: "Empire."
Randal Graves: Blasphemy.
Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader is his father, uh, Han gets frozen, taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets

Last edited:
The first three movies rock. There's no denying that. Ewoks rock. avoiding hypothermia by wrapping yourself in a Taun-Taun rocks. I just don't care at all about the expanded universe.

You should read the Yuuzhan Vong books. They are AWESOME! I thought the same way as you before reading them.

All I can think when reading this is...

Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back?"
Dante Hicks: "Empire."
Randal Graves: Blasphemy.
Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader is his father, uh, Han gets frozen, taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets

What a great film. I loves teh Clerks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back