May the force be with you.

i'm still reeling from the audacity lucas had to end Empire with a cliffhanger. i couldn't believe it. of course, i get the feeling i'm one of the few on these boards who saw the original trilogy in theaters.
I'm another of the few who saw the original trilogy in the theater. Multiple times. When I was in high school.... :oops:

I love Star Wars. I even love the prequels. And Jar Jar.
Phantom Menace is probably my favorite of all six movies, with the originals very close behind. For me, the story really falls off after that. (I have zero interest in Anakin Skywalker and/or Darth Vader. I'd honestly rather spend six months touring Otoh Gunga with Jar Jar than five minutes listening to Anakin whine about how no one appreciates him....) But the special effects and the aliens are wonderful, no matter which movie we're talking about.

I love all the movies except Attack of the Clones. It's terrible. Cool effects though.

The ending totally made up for the cheesy love scenes.
I've watched the arena battle several times, just because it's the most impressive part of the movie. (My other favorite is the scene in Dex's diner.) The scene in the factory, on the other hand, looked as though it was added just so someone could work it up as a video game.

And the love scenes in Star Wars are all pretty cheezy, even in the OT.

Is anyone else watching the Memorial Day Star Wars special on the History channel? It looks really cool.

So did anyone watch the Star Wars Tech show?
I taped both shows. The Legacy show drew a lot from mythology and literature, so there wasn't much there that I hadn't seen or heard before, but it was a pretty interesting two-hour show nonetheless. The show traces the different aspects of the movies: the Hero's Journey, the Comic Sidekicks, the Mentor, etc.

I've only seen about 15 minutes of the tech program, where they were talking about robots/androids in the movies and present day. It looked good. I'm watching the rest of it tonight or tomorrow when I have more time.

Phantom Menace is probably my favorite of all six movies, with the originals very close behind. For me, the story really falls off after that. (I have zero interest in Anakin Skywalker and/or Darth Vader. I'd honestly rather spend six months touring Otoh Gunga with Jar Jar than five minutes listening to Anakin whine about how no one appreciates him....) But the special effects and the aliens are wonderful, no matter which movie we're talking about.

Really? Phantom Menace? I know there are the purists who think the prequels are nothing more than abominations....and then there's the others who love the prequels just as much as the original trilogy (myself included in this crowd). But of all the films, I thought the majority of people thought Phantom Menace was the weakest of all.

Now I thought that the only 2 saving graces of Phantom Menace was the great blend of puppetry/CGI and the final duel between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon against Darth Maul. Other than that, the whole film is just dismissable.

But hey....I read Mighty Avengers....so what do I know? :lol:

I taped both shows. The Legacy show drew a lot from mythology and literature, so there wasn't much there that I hadn't seen or heard before, but it was a pretty interesting two-hour show nonetheless. The show traces the different aspects of the movies: the Hero's Journey, the Comic Sidekicks, the Mentor, etc.

I've only seen about 15 minutes of the tech program, where they were talking about robots/androids in the movies and present day. It looked good. I'm watching the rest of it tonight or tomorrow when I have more time.

I'll be watching the Legacy show tonight. But the Tech show was interesting because of despite the extremes that Lucas went to with the technology...most of the scientists were saying that Lucas was pretty spot on with a lot of his thoughts and reasoning behind his creations.

I think the most fascinating aspect of the show was how close to real life Darth Vader we could have. A lot of what it takes to make Vader operable is pretty much available today. My only disappointmen lay with the fact that if I get an artificial sponge heart and lung that I won't have the cool Vader breathing sound. :(

Return of the jedi was my favorite movie of the six by far. Hopefuly after the clone wars is done they can do something like dark empire, the Zahn trilogy or the old sith wars

Last edited:
They should make a cartoon/animation series of the Old Republic (4000 BBY, the same time as KOTOR). One of the great times of the Expanded Universe, you have Jedis, Siths and freaking Mandalorians.

Latest posts

Back