Avengers McNiven to draw 3 issues of NA; Sentry revealed

E

Excelsior Club
From Fanboy Radio #207: Bendis vs. Hinze LIVE-

New Avengers NEWS

The next New Avengers storyarch will exculsively feature the mystery of The Sentry. Paul Jenkins was involved heavily in the development of the story and Steve McNiven takes up pencilling duties, giving David Finch a 3 issue break. A special Silver-Age artist will work on flashback scenes as well.

This is cool because it gives Finch a chance to catch up. Assuming the delay with #3 was due to Finch, it would have only caused more delays, a la Astonishing X-Men. And McNiven - great artist!

Can't wait to see what they have in store for Sentry!!

The use of Sentry in New Avengers is, to me, one of the most interesting aspects of the series.

icemastertron said:
This is SWEEEEEEEEET!!!! :D :D

E, how excited are you?! I'm pumped for this now!

This is my favorite book right now, and giving us more Sentry makes it that much better. :D

So reading about flash back scenes, can we safely assume that we'll most likely find out how Rob became The Sentry once again, and see how he killed his wife? Or at least, know how he killed his wife....

icemastertron said:
So reading about flash back scenes, can we safely assume that we'll most likely find out how Rob became The Sentry once again, and see how he killed his wife? Or at least, know how he killed his wife....

Or, at least, if he killed his wife...

UltimateE said:
Or, at least, if he killed his wife...

What gets me is if the Sentry and the Void are the same being... are they physically the same or how does it work? I could see the Void killing the wife and Sentry knowing that they are the same person takes the blame for himself and locks himself up like he did.

icemastertron said:

i think so, maybe in na # 3 they will touch on that, but im positive this topic will be touched on in the next arc. check out jinxworld.com if you doubt me.

I think McNiven is a very talented artist, Cap. Do not doubt him. ;) Spider-Man is a very generic character to draw; easiest of all of the heroes, in my opinion, next to the Superman. There's not too much to the costume, you just have to get the build right. McNiven will do fine.

Also, the Sentry seems to be important enough as many of you guessed.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What gets me is if the Sentry and the Void are the same being... are they physically the same or how does it work? I could see the Void killing the wife and Sentry knowing that they are the same person takes the blame for himself and locks himself up like he did.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

As for their physical bodies, it's hard to explain the way I understand it; it's like Void has a physical presense but not like that of a human body. It's Sentry's "dark side", if you will, manifested.

Actually I kind of hope that doesn't happen. One thing I never liked about Superman was that here's this perfect hero who basically can't be killed and has nothing to keep his powers in check. He can do anything. That's what sets Sentry apart from Superman - Void keeps him in check...to the point where he can't even be Sentry. I'd rather they keep the Void and the struggle that Sentry goes through trying to contain him.

UltimateE said:
Actually I kind of hope that doesn't happen. One thing I never liked about Superman was that here's this perfect hero who basically can't be killed and has nothing to keep his powers in check. He can do anything. That's what sets Sentry apart from Superman - Void keeps him in check...to the point where he can't even be Sentry. I'd rather they keep the Void and the struggle that Sentry goes through trying to contain him.

A seperation could comprimise some of Sentry's powers though...

TheManWithoutFear said:
A seperation could comprimise some of Sentry's powers though...

in theory a separation may actually kill him since we are talking about 2 parts of a whole....but who knows, if the readers (or management) want it that way badly, anything is possible.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I just don't see how possibly it is to Keep the Sentry around without the Void destroying all of existance? I mean that's the point of The Sentry TPB's ending isn't it?

I really dont see the point in it...but marvel will find a way to do that if they want to....i look at the guy as parts of a whole and taking the void away from him just kills the character.

Latest posts

Back