Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops (PSP)

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops preview

A new Metal Gear Solid game is coming for the PSP: Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops is a direct sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater. Unlike the two Metal Gear Acid games currently on the PSP, this one will be a true Metal Gear Solid game. Check it out.

And of course, the Metal Gear Timeline...

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence 1964
Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops 1970
Metal Gear 1995
Metal Gear - Snake's Revenge 1997
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake 1999
Metal Gear Solid - Ghost Babel 2002
Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes 2005
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance 2007-2009
Metal Gear Acid 2016
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots 2016
Metal Gear Acid 2 2038

* In terms of Metal Gear Solid 1-3, instead of the original versions I've included the expanded versions as they're the more definitive versions (The Twin Snakes, Substance, Subsistence).

** I know many don't consider Metal Gear - Snake's Revenge, Metal Gear Solid - Ghost Babel, or the MG Acid games canonical parts of the series (even Kojima himself doesn't), but I include it as they don't blatantly contradict anything from the other games.

*** Metal Gear Solid 4 apparently will take place in 2015 or 2016, as Kojima stated in an interview that Snake would be 43 years old in the game. He was born in 1972, so that places it in 2015. To reconcile Metal Gear Acid's inclusion in the timeline and its firm date in 2016 (and Snake's much more aged look in MGS4) I placed MGS4 also in 2016. This still works with Snake's being 43 years of age if one assumes he just hasn't had his 44th birthday yet in that year. The Snake in Metal Gear Acid 2 is a clone of the first Solid Snake, so its inclusion after MGS4 makes sense, and is placed twenty two years later to allow for the clone's maturation into an adult (no definitive year or dates are given in the manual or in the game itself as far as I can tell).

Awesome. I tried the first Metal Gear Ac!d game and I was completely and totally lost with no clue what to do.

This, though - this is great news. I haven't played Snake Eater but I will still pick this up for some portable Metal Gear Solid goodness.

Latest posts

Back