Metal Gear Solid series disussion

E

Excelsior Club
I don't believe there's a thread for this...

Anyone read this? I have seen the TPBs in the bookstores and they look nice - the art is great. Artist's name is Ashey Wood.

I liked the games so I picked the 2 TPBs up on Amazon. I believe Volume 3 is running right now. Here's the links to check them out:

Metal Gear Solid Volume 1 (Tactical Espionage Action)

Metal Gear Solid Volume 2

There's also a hardcover:

Metal Gear Solid Volume 1 HC (Hardcover)

I can discuss it more as I read it...right now I was just wondering if anyone else read it and what they thought.

I only have the first issue that my friend let me have. I haven't gotten any other issues, since my store only orders from other companies that aren't the "Big 2" through special orders, and when the series was coming out, I wasn't doing orders that way.

Love to get the rest, though. I do love the art.

I HATE THE ART.

It is the worst art I have ever seen in a comic. The first 12 issues are Metal Gear Solid.

Then it starts over as Metal Gear Solid Sons Of Liberty.

These are really cool and follow the game nicey. The only thing that ruins it is the art.

i like the art, it's different, i like the story even though they change some major things of the game... i hope they make Snake Eater in comic too, but then they shoud change the artist because he couldnt paint a jungle.

The art should look like this....

MetalGearSolidSonsOfLiberty01.jpg

Re: Metal Gear Solid series discussion

That art looks cool, reminds me of Adam Hughes, probably because of the bold outlines.

thee great one said:
The art should look like this....

MetalGearSolidSonsOfLiberty01.jpg

Ugh...no thank you. How generic.

Wood's art is dark and vague...perfect for a game about stealth. Although I could see where it might be too abstract and make it hard to follow the story if you never played the game. I did, so I knew what was going on.

I breezed through the 1st TPB during my lunch yesterday and really enjoyed it. There were some parts where Snake says things like "Hey Colonel, I found some claymores" or something like that that seemed...off...but I couldn't really think of a way to improve on it. It was better than cheesey thought balloons (i.e. "Neat-o! These claymores should help!")

And yes - I said a 3rd series but it's actually Sons of Liberty, which I haven't read yet.

UltimateE said:
Ugh...no thank you. How generic.

Wood's art is dark and vague...perfect for a game about stealth. Although I could see where it might be too abstract and make it hard to follow the story if you never played the game. I did, so I knew what was going on.

I breezed through the 1st TPB during my lunch yesterday and really enjoyed it. There were some parts where Snake says things like "Hey Colonel, I found some claymores" or something like that that seemed...off...but I couldn't really think of a way to improve on it. It was better than cheesey thought balloons (i.e. "Neat-o! These claymores should help!")

And yes - I said a 3rd series but it's actually Sons of Liberty, which I haven't read yet.

It's only a couple of issues in. I hate the art cause I can't tell what the **** is going on expect that I played the game.

thee great one said:
It's only a couple of issues in. I hate the art cause I can't tell what the **** is going on expect that I played the game.

Like I said, it's vague. But the game is about stealth and sneaking around in the dark. If anything it should have been harder to see what was going on in the game. :D

Well in one of the new issues it is revealed that The Sorrow is Ocelot's father and that means that The Boss probaly is his mom.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Isnt this art from the guy who makes artwork for King of Fighters? I hate his style.

It's also not game-accurate. Raiden looks way too manly there.

thee great one said:
Well in one of the new issues it is revealed that The Sorrow is Ocelot's father and that means that The Boss probaly is his mom.

Did that happen in the game? I never finished it; lost interest.

E said:
Did that happen in the game? I never finished it; lost interest.

Not that I know of. They probaly hinted towards it. That does explain the werid vibe between Ocelot and The Boss during the game.

I can't seem to find anywhere whether or not Metal Gear Solid 2 is finished or not. I thought there was a long delay but it picked back up. I'm tradewaiting this - anyone know?

I can't seem to find anywhere whether or not Metal Gear Solid 2 is finished or not. I thought there was a long delay but it picked back up. I'm tradewaiting this - anyone know?

It did. I have up to issue 12 on my computer and there is a HC coming out or already is out.

Latest posts

Back