Millar "might still do" Ultimate Captain America mini

A Cap mini-series, to me, with Millar and Hitch unchained by the confines of the group (they've already said they've had to physically restain themselves from letting Cap dominate the Ultimates because he's so much fun to write) would dwarf House of Moolah and Countdown to The End of The Beginning of Financially Infinite Crisis One Year Later as the comic event of the year.

The heck with WWII. We've already had decades of that, including DURING WWII. I'd like to see the Ult Cap turned loose as a free agent in the contemporary UMU, crossing over into X-Men turf to taunt "Lucky Jim," drift over to USM to stop Fury from de-powering Spider-Man, and be a total thorn in the side of SHIELD.

Basically, I'd just like to see the character get fed up with the whole Nick Fury/George Bush control-the-world-pose and act as an idealistic outsider who stands for his basic ideals and finds he has to act as a check-and-balanace to the UU authoritarians.

I'd like to see him snag Thor, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Pym (and, what the heck, Spidey and Wolverine) and lead a mean-*** group of righteous dogs. They could call themselves--lemme think--"The Avengers" or something.

See, I knew there was a reason I wanted you to write for me. ;) What cool ideas.

Sounds to me like you're lobbying for Capt. America as the traitor, eh? I think the fact that he can stand well enough on his own oughta deem him a mini-series, whether about his past or not. With Millar and Hitch on (Although I remember hearing that Coipel would have done it) would be a colossal event. Very cool.

I think the "traitor" thing -- that was the always trustworthy Loki's term -- is going to wind up being misleading, as we saw the unseen Wasp intimating at the end of the last Ultimates. I think there is going to be a break in the Ultimates from this dubious, ham-headed government control, and that the "traitor" or traitors will be the most honorable of the group.

Parthuman said:
A Cap mini-series ... would dwarf House of Moolah and Countdown to The End of The Beginning of Financially Infinite Crisis One Year Later as the comic event of the year.

:cry: ... you're so right... :cry: ... that's exactly what those ****ing crossovers are... that's their true name... :cry: ... I love you...

Because this isn't for the uninitiated

LSJL or LongShotJimLee is a poster who used to frequent these boards. He racked up a thousand posts (this being in the time when nobody had 3000 posts at all) then vanished off the face of the earth. He was MWOF's father. Funny guy, which is why the vanishing was such a shame

Oh, I see. You mean he's cool. I can see how you'd confuse him with me. There are so few cool people on this board, after all.

Goodwill said:
Yes, Bass, and you're my father. ;) Thanks for showing up.
If Bass is your father, then I'm your aunt, because I'm his sister. And I have this compelling urge to make out with him, in a fashion that disturbingly echoes Star Wars.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back