Mixing Up the Rogues Galleries in the Ultimate Universe

The Overlord

Do you like the fact that members of 616 rogues galleries have been switched arounf interms of the heroes they fight in the ultimate Universe? For example Omega Red is more of Spidey villain than a X-Men villain in the Ultimate Universe and Lady Deathstrike has a mad on for Storm instead of Wolverine. Personally I like it. Are there any 616 villains not yet introduced who you would to see switch opponents in the Ultimate Universe?

I do too. I never really liked the how certain villains for certain heros. Especially in a city full of them like New York.

thee great one said:
I do too. I never really liked the how certain villains for certain heros. Especially in a city full of them like New York.
I agree, I prefer that, maybe have some of them introduced against their orginal heroes, but Spidey wouldnt only be the one to run into Rhino or Electro all the time

Random said:
I agree, I prefer that, maybe have some of them introduced against their orginal heroes, but Spidey wouldnt only be the one to run into Rhino or Electro all the time

To be fair some of the archnemesis villains have grudges against their heroes, so it makes sense that they target mainly one hero. Green Goblin has a grudge against Spider-Man, so he is not going to bug the FF out of the blue and while Other groups will go after Magneto, the lion share of his appearances will be UXM because his history with Xavier and his ideological conflict with the X-Men.

That's not to say they will not bump into other heroes, as they have, but they will spend most of their time fighting one hero because they have grudge against them and are actively targeting them. magneto has fought other heroes, but has gone against the X-Men the majority of the time for that reason. Other villains, that are less connected to the hero, like Rhino or Electro would be more likely to drift and come across other heroes.

That's what I mean, most have grundges cause they have been beat by said hero.

if another hero beats them, where is the grudge?

Or if they are doing on wrong, any hero could show up and fight them.

I'm talking 616 more than Ultimate.

Ultimate has been really good about it.

thee great one said:
That's what I mean, most have grundges cause they have been beat by said hero.

if another hero beats them, where is the grudge?

Or if they are doing on wrong, any hero could show up and fight them.

I'm talking 616 more than Ultimate.

Ultimate has been really good about it.

I'm pretty sure Gobby's grudge against Spidey is more complex than merely wanting revenge for past defeats, he seems to have a pathological hatred of Spidey and a sadistic desire to inflict a ton of pain on Peter, in particular. The threats he made of torturing and ultimately beating Peter to death in his second USM arc, seem to go beyond that.

In the 616 universe Gobby went after Spidey orginally as merely an means to an end, he wanted to become a crime lord and thought killing Spidey would impress the gangs. After he discovered Peter's ID, he became paranoid that Peter was using Harry as means to secretly attack him. Now his feud with Spidey is the only thing that gives his life meaning, his son is dead and his cojmpany is gone, he literally has nothing else to look forward to in his life, besides tormenting Spidey. I doubt he would switch to another hero now.

With Magneto, its his ideological differences with the X-Men that makes their conflicts so interesting. A fight between Magneto and the FF would be fun, but really wouldn't have an ideological dynamic that it has with the X-Men, FF would just see Mags as just another villain, rather than ideological enemy. Heroes and their archnemesis often have a lot of history together that make them battle eachother all the time.

Plus you have to consider power levels when you mixing up Rogues Galleries. Electro would be a threat to Spidey, but to the FF, Ultimates or X-Men, he would just be an annoyance, again Omega red was more of Wolverine villain than a whole X-Men villain, so he should be around Spidey's level. So while Rhino could not pose a threat to the whole FF, I bet he could give the Thing a run for his money, that would fun fight to see.

I'm not even gonna read the posts in this thread. My initial reaction to this threads title is simply.... NO.

I don't want to see differente rogues directly involved with other heroes. I was pissed when people suggested Ultimate Bullseye should appeare in USM...

It's crap.

I like the idea of different villains going after different heroes, but only if there's a point to it. Green Goblin goes after Spider-Man because it's all a game to him, he's not going to randomly go after the FF for no reason.

So, it's good, but only if there's a purpose.

Yeah. Power levels are definitely the main issue, but what else is an issue are the genres each line covers. Spider-Man's villains angle towards street thugs and organized crime, which just isn't something that's going to fit thematically with the Fantastic Four or Ultimates. At the same time, bizarre threats of cosmic super-science aren't really fitting for Spidey.

That said, I could totally see Spidey going up against Bullseye. :D

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not even gonna read the posts in this thread. My initial reaction to this threads title is simply.... NO.

I don't want to see differente rogues directly involved with other heroes. I was pissed when people suggested Ultimate Bullseye should appeare in USM...

It's crap.

Someone is being grouchy.:wink:

Anyway why should villains from the 616 universe stay in the same rogues gallery in the Ultimate Universe. It is a different universe from 616 so why should all the villains fight the same guy they fight in 616 MU? I mean if UDD series never happens (which is very likely) USM is the only place Bullseye could appear in the Ultimate Universe. Would you rather Bullseye not appear at all? Besides what about villains who have less of history with DD, why shouldn't say Ultimate Mr. Hyde or Ultimate Mr. Fear be USM villains for example.

The Overlord said:

Anyway why should villains from the 616 universe stay in the same rogues gallery in the Ultimate Universe. It is a different universe from 616 so why should all the villains fight the same guy they fight in 616 MU? I mean if UDD series never happens (which is very likely) USM is the only place Bullseye could appear in the Ultimate Universe. Would you rather Bullseye not appear at all? Besides what about villains who have less of history with DD, why shouldn't say Ultimate Mr. Hyde or Ultimate Mr. Fear be USM villains for example.

or Ultimate Stilt-Man

The Overlord said:

He's always like that.

And to be honest I'd rather see Bullseye in USM than see some dopey villain like Spot or something.

The Overlord said:

Because it's blasphemy.

as stated before, motivation is important.

i wouldn't mind ult. bullseye vs. spiderman bc ult. bullseye is still just a mercenary who doesn't have a mad-on for daredevil yet.

magneto makes less sense, because he is the x-men's arc villain.

likewise, i wouldn't see the GG fighting the x-men

all the villains that are just hired guns and/or loonies trying to rob banks are fair game though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Because it's blasphemy.

Some people may have believed that it is "blasphemy" to make Sinister just a thug or to have Hulk eat people. "Blasphemy" is in the eye of the beholder in this case.

Would you rather DD villains not show in the Ultimate Universe at all, because Marvel has said that a UDD title will not happen and there is only one urban level title in the Ultimate Universe.

E said:
He's always like that.

And to be honest I'd rather see Bullseye in USM than see some dopey villain like Spot or something.

The only problem is, in theory, is that Bullseye is out of Spidey's league power wise. DD can avoid Bullseye's shots with his super sense, Spider-Man's spider sense thus would allow him to avoid anything Bullseye throws at him as well, plus Spidey is way more faster, stronger and agile than DD. However for some rerason, Ultimate Spidey has problems with Elektra, a skilled ninja perhaps, but ultimately still just a human. Perhaps because Ultimate spidey is less powerful than his 616 counbterpart, Bullseye may pose a threat him.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Some people may have believed that it is "blasphemy" to make Sinister just a thug or to have Hulk eat people. "Blasphemy" is in the eye of the beholder in this case.

Would you rather DD villains not show in the Ultimate Universe at all, because Marvel has said that a UDD title will not happen and there is only one urban level title in the Ultimate Universe.

The only problem is, in theory, is that Spidey is out ofBullseye's league power wise. DD can avoid Bullseye's shots with his super sense, Spider-Man's spider sense thus would allow him to avoid anything Bullseye throws at him as well, plus Spidey is way more faster, stronger and agile than DD. However for some rerason, Ultimate Spidey has problems with Elektra, a skilled ninja perhaps, but ultimately still just a human. Perhaps because Ultimate spidey is less powerful than his 616 counbterpart, Bullseye may pose a threat him.

Spider-man is still inexperienced and NEVER has his head in the game in the UU. I think when he is focused and trying he is pretty beastly, even in the UU. He stood his ground versus Cap (albeit both were holding back), took out GG a few times, and had other feats of coolness. He just jobbed vs. Elektra.

iceman said:
Spider-man is still inexperienced and NEVER has his head in the game in the UU. I think when he is focused and trying he is pretty beastly, even in the UU. He stood his ground versus Cap (albeit both were holding back), took out GG a few times, and had other feats of coolness. He just jobbed vs. Elektra.

That just proves my point, Bullseye is not really in Spidey's league, I mean could Bullseye really just carry an arc of fighting against Spidey without it seeming like jobbing?

i like the idea of mixing up the rogue's giving spidey some x-people and the x-men got hammerhead first and heroes who aren't in the spotlight in the ultimate universe don't see much action so marvel gives spidey daredevil's baddies what's the big deal in the real universe it happen's all the time

point: it's the ultimate universe if you only want wolverine to fight omega-red read marvel 616 things are Supposed to be different then 616 that's the whole point of these books

Latest posts

Back