Monkey Island

Bass

Nexus of the World
Anyone else love this game?

I played and completed 1 and 2, but never 3 or 4.

And I'm sad because I'm not playing it now nor dancing to the music.

I know.

I wish I still had them.

Remembering things makes me sad.

#3 had GREAT animation, but the 3-D on #4 always put me off. :?

Plus: MURRAY!

Last edited:
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was made by the same people, and there was a cheat code - "MAKEMEAPIRATE" - that turned Indy into Guybrush Threepwood. Best of all, when you used the bazooka in this mode, instead of a rocket it would fire a rubber chicken, which would swim through the air at a bit slower than Indy's running speed, emiting the Monkey Island music as it went, until it hit something and exploded.

Also, if a cutscene happened during this, you would look like Indy again, but wearing Guybrush's clothing.

Also, in one of the last levels, there was a secret tunnel you could go through that would take you to a replica of some sort of cabin from the games, maybe Guybrush's home, and turn you into Threepwood while you're there. There was a treasure chest you could get and everything.

Murray: I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!
Guybrush Threepwood: Stride?
Murray: All right then, roll! ROLL through the gates of hell. Must you take the fun out of everything?

Best. Quote. Ever.

My friend has had a picture of Murray as his MSN picture for, like, ever.

Last edited:
I totally need to get these games. Where are they to be found online?
Illegal torrenting channels.

I still own all four in the original discs I bought them in. Sadly.

Those games are great. #2 is my favorite. #3 was REALLY REALLY fun and laugh-out loud but disappointing only to the extent that The Secret was a whole bunch of nothing. # 4 was meh.

My brother and I still do Murray impersonations while he drives me around the city, complete with clicking teeth sounds and all.

Are these the ones that are like the discworld games? If so I think we had one on the Amiga 1200 where in order to play you had to spin a wheel in the instructions to get the code.

I loved it.

Are these the ones that are like the discworld games? If so I think we had one on the Amiga 1200 where in order to play you had to spin a wheel in the instructions to get the code.
More like the Discworld games were the ones that were like Monkey Island.

I remember playing the first two Monkey Island games on the Amiga at the store --- It was the PC versions I took home, as I didn't own an Amiga --- and the graphics and sound were awesome.

And yes, there were spin wheels.

Talking about copy protection devices only reveals your age and mine.

More like the Discworld games were the ones that were like Monkey Island.

No I wasn't say a rip-off or anything I meant same style , but cool so it was what I was thinking of.

I remember playing the first two Monkey Island games on the Amiga at the store --- It was the PC versions I took home, as I didn't own an Amiga --- and the graphics and sound were awesome.

Cool

And yes, there were spin wheels.

Talking about copy protection devices only reveals your age and mine.

:lol: :lol: I remembered as it was cool but annoying , TMNT for Amiga had a similar thing but it was in the book , equally annoying

No I wasn't say a rip-off or anything I meant same style , but cool so it was what I was thinking of.
Didn't say you were. I just like being a smart-***.

(If you understood Tagalog, I would say I'm being pilosopo but smart-*** is the best --- if un-nuanced --- translation for that)

SSJmole said:
:lol: :lol: I remembered as it was cool but annoying , TMNT for Amiga had a similar thing but it was in the book , equally annoying
You thought copy protection was cool? AND annoying? At the same time?

Did your mother touch you down there while she breastfed you?

You're talking about "Look for word 8, in sentence 2, paragraph 3 on page 17" and all that nonsense right?

You're talking about "Look for word 8, in sentence 2, paragraph 3 on page 17" and all that nonsense right?

yes.

Annoying as I would **** up alot

cool as it was like a little puzzle before you even play game

Latest posts

Back