More Ultimate Carnage covers?

E

Excelsior Club
carnage1.jpg

carnage2.jpg

Still trying to work out what these are...best guess is #64 and #65.

Wow those covers look sweet, I've never being a big Venom or Carnage fan but Bendis made me like Ultimate verion of Venom so hopefully he can change my mind on Carnage

Kal_Jenko said:
Wow those covers look sweet, I've never being a big Venom or Carnage fan but Bendis made me like Ultimate verion of Venom so hopefully he can change my mind on Carnage

that's not quite what he's doing...i think ultimatee has it right and that carnage isn't exactly a suit like venom but a modified clone of peter, complete with spider-powers. he's not going to possess gwen, but i'm thinking he might kill her.

So, wait... It isn't a suit? Just sort of a "clone" using the suit material? I'll have to pick up the issues...

So, wait... It isn't a suit? Just sort of a "clone" using the suit material?

That's the indication. Like I said it looks like it has been modified gentically in some way which may explain why it doesn't look like Peter and might explain why it seems to have powers similar to Peter's but...different.

Bendis has said that this arc is a lesson in the responisibilities/irresponsibilities of DNA manipulation, and Connors went off in this issue about Peter's power and how expirementing with his DNA could help people. Peter even said his dad was working on something along that same idea.

Definitely pick these issues up. :D

I have a subscription to the title, but lately, for some reason, the issues have been slow... Like, really slow. I haven't seen #60 let alone #61. Also, I haven't even gotten Ultimate Fantastic Four #6.

I like that Ultimate Carnage seems to be pretty different in origin to Ultimate Venom. After all, the purpose in creating Carnage in 616 was to replace Venom as a villain since he was being turned into a hero-of-sorts to capitalize on his huge popularity. Making Kasady a serial killer before becoming Carnage was, i believe, mostly to stop future writers being tempted to turn Carnage hero as well.
But Venom is still such an unexplored character in the Ultimate U. He has only fully appeared in 2 issues and his current status was left unconfirmed (although #39 comes close to confirming him to be alive), so there's no need to bring in a "replacement", or a "substitute".
And if it's true that Bendis was watching/reading about "the do's and don'ts of genetics" when he came up with his idea of Ultimate Carnage - a character who he had no interest in writing before - that kind of idea should definately be capitalised on, rather than trying to make him the same as Venom just because he's the same in 616.
Unlike Venom, though, I think we'll see a pretty convincing death for Carnage.

Hey, I was logged in when I wrote the above post!
Grrrrrr....

Anyway, I forgot to mention how cool that cover at the top of the page is. I mean...WOW!

Yeah, it is a pretty cool cover.

Alsol, you have a point about Carnage... He should just be a lousy rerun when we haven't seen enough of his symbiote predessecor (Sp?). So, it would be interesting for us just to see the wrong in the genetic experimentations and focus more on Venom in the future. I mean, where else would we go with Carnage if he isn't Cletus and he is apparently not taking hosts.

Yeah, I would say that Carnage will be a one shot deal. I mean, how many different story lines can you have star a mutated-killer-clone? Ofcourse, there could be so much more to the character than that. We don't even know if Ultimate Carnage is capable of speech. For some reason I've been thinking all along that he (or should I say "it"?) won't be able to talk and will be an animalistic monster, but Bendis could write a intelligent, calculating creature with an agenda, or turn Carnage into a psychotic murderer much like in 616.
I'm still thinking Carnage will be dead by the end of the arc, though, no matter what he/it is like.

Or maybe SHIELD hires Connors and takes the substance for experimentations of their own? Creating that female symbiote, Shriek, I think... Just an idea!

Also, wouldn't Venom be a modified clone of Peter's father? I mean, his DNA went into the production of such a Suit so it would make sense if that was the case. Now Peter is following his father's footsteps and taking one for the genetic team, you know? Maybe it can still take hosts but have side effects like Venom did when it attached to Eddie.

So is it possible that Carnage is going to be a one and done character?

Probably, but who knows. I didn't mind the 616 version when it came out (I know a lot of people still hate the idea of him) but that shouldn't have been a one-and-done if anything.

Goodwill said:
Or maybe SHIELD hires Connors and takes the substance for experimentations of their own? Creating that female symbiote, Shriek, I think... Just an idea!

Ack!

Goodwill said:
Also, wouldn't Venom be a modified clone of Peter's father? I mean, his DNA went into the production of such a Suit so it would make sense if that was the case. Now Peter is following his father's footsteps and taking one for the genetic team, you know? Maybe it can still take hosts but have side effects like Venom did when it attached to Eddie.

No. Think of Venom this way - you know when someone gets burned they get skin grafts? People donate pieces of skin for this purpose. The Venom suit was a lot like that - sure it has some of dear ol' dad's DNA in it, just like a skin graft would, but it doesn't make it his clone.

Carnage, on the other hand (at least to this point) looks like a full blown clone of Peter with a little genetic tampering thrown in.

Obviously the black one is #62...the bottom one with the green borders may be #64 (assuming #63 is the one with Spidey holding the limp hand).

I believe that you are correct.

SPOILERS FOR USM #62!

I wonder if they are going to show the funeral of Gwen? That should be interesting as hell... Wonder if her mother is gonna come.

SPOILERS FOR USM #62!

I wonder if they are going to show the funeral of Gwen

Hadn't thought of that. THey'd better; it's a pretty major event.

Yeah...

The death was so grotesque, too... Small, but extremely disgusting. I feel bad for Gwen. If I were her, I'd take the 616 way of dying.

Latest posts

Back