Most important Ultimates after Captain America?

Goodwill

He is the most important, I'll give you that, but who is the second most important? For now, I would say Thor and if you would like, I'll back it up...

I'd say Hank Pym and Bruce Banner are up there. Why Thor?

I don't think anyone is making the argument that Cap is invincible, the strongest hero, or anything like that. But I will make the argument that he is the most important.

I never cared for Cap before I read Ultimates; now I look at him in a whole new way. That first issue of Ultimates was powerful stuff.

Amen to that!

He is the most important, I'll give you that, but who is the second most important? For now, I would say Thor and if you would like, I'll back it up...

I would put Wolverine over Thor, and I'm not even saying he's second. Could Magneto even touch the Hulk?

I say Thor because, although we haven't seen much, I think he is the only one that has a grasp on something that Fury doesn't. Fury has the tangible raw evidence of genetic mutations, right? Well, does Fury truly know where Thor is from or where Jean's Phoenix powers are derived from? Where Doc Strange came across his powers or why they are? You see, Thor is the only one that picks up on that kind of stuff and seeing as how Fury has encountered a lot, why wouldn't he believe in magic? He would be silly not to seeing as how there are vampires running the streets, too. Thor is in charge, we just don't know it yet.

Hmm... I don't know I would put Thor over Cap as he has as yet we haven't seen the full extent of his abilities. Though in a straight up fist fight I'd say Cap's stronger given that Cap was more successful in duking it out with the Hulk (Thor infilcted his blows with Mjolnir where Cap did his hits with his bear hands). And for that reason I'd put him above Iron Man. Hulk opened Tony like a tin can where Cap was able to keep ahead of him and land some heavy blows. It would depend on what sort of fight it was, as Tony would have a serious edge at long range and under open skies. But in doors and up close Cap, while not at Hulk strength is pretty darn close and has incredible speed and agility. He'd squish his 616 equivalent into paste.

Latest posts

Back