Movie Parodies

I still have hopes like I mentioned that they will actually get one right.

It can be done. Like people mentioned (myself included) Spaceballs and others worked out great. One the ones in the last 10 years I liked was Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth. Sure it wasn't the best comedy ever (I'll never claim it was) but It was what scary movie 1-4 should of been.

It was funny , It parodied the films it was meant to well and added some original twists. One scene I like is when when the killer is wearing a Jason hocky mask ,at the start , His face catches on fire and he dunks it it water. When it comes up it's melted in to the scream mask.

heres the clip - http://youtube.com/watch?v=48yderT7XE4

I believe the style can work. Look at superhero movies. After batman and robin i'm sure a lot of people thought that hero films could no longer worker. Since then we've had Spider-man , batman begins , x-men and more that prove it can.

Now I agree that all the scary movies , date movie and epic movie suck. I almost felt dumber for even watching them. I'll also say the first scary movie was almost watch-able and had a few funny scenes but over all it still sucked.

All I'm saying is eventually a film like them will come out that works. I can almost guarantee. I'm hoping it's superhero movie . With all the criticisms that epic movie , scary movie 4 and date movie got they HAVE to realise "wait we need to improve these and fast"

I still have hopes like I mentioned that they will actually get one right.

It can be done. Like people mentioned (myself included) Spaceballs and others worked out great. One the ones in the last 10 years I liked was Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth. Sure it wasn't the best comedy ever (I'll never claim it was) but It was what scary movie 1-4 should of been.

It was funny , It parodied the films it was meant to well and added some original twists. One scene I like is when when the killer is wearing a Jason hocky mask ,at the start , His face catches on fire and he dunks it it water. When it comes up it's melted in to the scream mask.

heres the clip - http://youtube.com/watch?v=48yderT7XE4

I believe the style can work. Look at superhero movies. After batman and robin i'm sure a lot of people thought that hero films could no longer worker. Since then we've had Spider-man , batman begins , x-men and more that prove it can.

Now I agree that all the scary movies , date movie and epic movie suck. I almost felt dumber for even watching them. I'll also say the first scary movie was almost watch-able and had a few funny scenes but over all it still sucked.

All I'm saying is eventually a film like them will come out that works. I can almost guarantee. I'm hoping it's superhero movie . With all the criticisms that epic movie , scary movie 4 and date movie got they HAVE to realise "wait we need to improve these and fast"

I don't think anyones saying that movies like that can't be done well, just that it's pretty rare for it to happen. Really rare. Like Unicorn rare.

I don't think anyones saying that movies like that can't be done well, just that it's pretty rare for it to happen. Really rare. Like Unicorn rare.

Maybe. I just got the feeling people thought it couldn't today. So I thought I would say my view.

Re: Your 5 Favorite Films of 2007 -- Update As You Go

\"Dracula: Dead and Loving It" is by FAR the worst Brooks movie, and anyone who doesn't think so is crazy.

DDALI was like, my favourite movie when I was 7 or 8, but I watched again last year and was amazed at how juvenile it was. Definitely the worst of his films.

Also: Scary Movie 3 is the funniest of the ____ Movies. I really disliked the first two, with their same drug and sex jokes over and over... But i've never liked the Wayans Brothers' movies, so that might just be me... SM3 was weird and wacky and was more Airplane! style humor, and I was laughing my *** off through the whole thing. I've seen it three times since, so I'm not just talking out of my ***, I ligetimately think it is by FAR the funniest. Im not saying its a good movie (it gets stupid at several points, and I'm with planet-man in saying that i strongly dislike them lifting scenes and plots directly from the movies they are supposed to be parodying), but its funny as hell, regardless of its many, many faults.

I still think the first is some deal funnier, but I was too hard on SM3. It really does have a good share of huge laughs, and the "Yahtzee!" joke is probably one of the 5 hardest times I've ever laughed during a movie.

It's mainly just 2 and 4 that suck, but 4 is about 20 times worse than 2.

Re: Your 5 Favorite Films of 2007 -- Update As You Go

The ****ty "____ Movie" franchise was doomed to failure as soon as they decided the make the entire plot of the movie that they were parodying specific scenes in other movies.

Personally, I thought the first Scary Movie was hilarious, but none of the other films have been anywhere near good.

Wanna make a great parody film? Spoof the genre, not scenes from the films in that genre. Wet Hot American Summer, Shawn of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz all understood this, which is why they're so brilliant.

2 of the 6 writers of Scary Movie can go **** themseves.
I completely agree
True enough.

What about Mel Brooks, though? Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

That's a good point to the whole "They should parody genre and not movies" idea but its okay to have a parody of another movie as long as every scene and plot point isnt completely taken from the inital movie. Like the scene where Robin Hood meets little John, yes that happen in the original but they came up with several great jokes. Its okay to reference a scene or movie when its funny. These current spoof movies its all they have, and the majority of them are not funny and looks like a seventh grader came up with them.

Its okay to directly spoof a move, as long as ita actually funny! It feels like these people make these movies just for the hell of it. "Hey lets make a parody of this movie" "Is the script funny?" "Who give a **** about that?"

Seriously next movie they make, no one spend a dime on, get a bootleg, wait for it to come on dvd. Cause paying to see it, even to see if they may have made an actually funny movie, only tells them that you like this stupid **** and want more. Dont give them one ****ing penny, cause if you do we wont see the end of this stupid ****

Blazing Saddles is the greatest parody movie of all time. 'Nuff Said.

Blazing Saddles is the greatest parody movie of all time. 'Nuff Said.

But would you really consider it a parody or a comedy? I think its more in like with Brooks' non-parody work like The Producers or History of the World Part One.

It is hi-larious.

I always thought of it as a western parody, or a parody of Hollywood in general. And I would put it on any top ten list.

Latest posts

Back