Movies that would make good comics

Re: IGN.com puts up their top ten movies. that would make a good comic book

The new X-men ones. He makes everyone's face wrinkly and manages to make Jean Grey ugly. Plus the costume designs were horrendous. :evil:

I don't think he was that bad, but he's definitely improved since then.

Don't read D.C. except for Batman, don't know what we3 is, and never read the Authority.

You should. They are 3 of the best comics out there. Period.

And while Quitely isn't the best --- he's still damn good. His art just takes some getting used to. But I will agree that his art has a way of making people look....."lumpy".

Anothe project that would make an awesome comic "Leon - The Professional". Ed Brubaker writing and Travis Foreman on art. I got goosebumps already.

Also....Howard Chaykin shouldn't be allowed to draw anything ever again. So I think for the Pulp Fiction project they should get Karl Moline. His work on Loners has the right blend of vibrance and gritiness for Pulp Fiction. I can just see Vinnie Vega now. :D

I'd love a "Quentin Tarantino Presents" with rotating writers and artists doing untold stories from Quentin Tarantino movies. The origin of Stuntman Mike! Mr. Pink in prison! Go-Go's sister going after The Bride! Tales of the Deadly Viper Squad! The Vega Brothers! It'd be a whole lot of fun and have the best writers and artists in comics telling stories.

I also agree with VVD. An Ocean's Eleven mini-series would be neat. It could tell stories of past heists, such as how Basher met Danny and Rusty, and you could even have Linus' dad as some master thief that trained them.

I also love the idea of Warren Ellis redoing Bourne. I couldn't even make it past the first movie.

Garth Ennis and Jae Lee doing something like Maximum or King Arthur would rock too.

The new X-men ones. He makes everyone's face wrinkly and manages to make Jean Grey ugly. Plus the costume designs were horrendous. :evil:

I agree. He is one of my least favorite artists.

You should. They are 3 of the best comics out there. Period.

And while Quitely isn't the best --- he's still damn good. His art just takes some getting used to. But I will agree that his art has a way of making people look....."lumpy".

Anothe project that would make an awesome comic "Leon - The Professional". Ed Brubaker writing and Travis Foreman on art. I got goosebumps already.

Also....Howard Chaykin shouldn't be allowed to draw anything ever again. So I think for the Pulp Fiction project they should get Karl Moline. His work on Loners has the right blend of vibrance and gritiness for Pulp Fiction. I can just see Vinnie Vega now. :D

And All-Star Superman is highly overrated.

Last edited:
My list

The Godfather - More on the rise of the young Vito Corleone. I think would be great maybe not as a on going but a few graphic novels

Writer - Gerry Conway
Artist - Bryan Hitch

Ghostbusters - Now this could work as an ongoing. Set after the second the film but make it look more modern like the screen shots of that game and how the toys look e.g pissed off staypuft

Writer - Brian Michael Bendis
Artist - Alex Ross

Rambo - This could be great , It would be sort of like the punisher but slightly different.

Writer - Mark Millar
Artest - Bill Sienkiewicz

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie This one is just for fun and since movie was not in the same time line as the show they have unlimited possibilities as to what to do

Wirter - Mark Waid
Artist - Pasqual Ferry

Quitely's art is the reason I didn't pick up All-Star Superman when it launched. I just couldn't get over how laughably bad it was. Superman looked like somebody had lazily carved a vague face into a large ham, then gave it a few real good smacks with a shovel.

I regret not getting into it, and intend to read the trades this summer, but seriously..... his art is horrendous.

Quitely's art is the reason I didn't pick up All-Star Superman when it launched. I just couldn't get over how laughably bad it was. Superman looked like somebody had lazily carved a vague face into a large ham, then gave it a few real good smacks with a shovel.

I regret not getting into it, and intend to read the trades this summer, but seriously..... his art is horrendous.

It's not. That's what everyone thinks at first.

When I saw Quitley on New X-men, I thought his art was disgusting. I picked it up because Grant Morrison's a pimp, and over time got used to Quitley's art.

Now-a-days he's one of my favourite artists.

When I saw Quitley on New X-men, I thought his art was disgusting. I picked it up because Grant Morrison's a pimp, and over time got used to Quitley's art.

Now-a-days he's one of my favourite artists.

I first saw his art in The Authority, and I thought it was so bad it put me off buying the last trade... eventually, after reading We3, New X-Men etc. I bought it and enjoyed it. Now with things like JLA: Earth 2 and All Star Superman, he's become one of my favourite artists.

EDIT: And now let's go back to movies as comics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back