My C2E2 2013 score

E

Excelsior Club
Just got back home from C2E2 2013 and it was probably the best convention I've been to. Every other convention I've been to was basically to shop. This year I decided to get some autographs since there wasn't really too much stuff I was looking for. Here's what I got:

James Tynion IV signed Talon #0 and #1 for me. I told him that I was going to start taking credit for his meteoric rise in the comics industry since I gave him a mod job here all those years ago.

Rick Remender signed Uncanny Avengers #1 and The Red Shadow hardcover, which I hunted down and bought specifically for an autograph. He was a real nice guy; one person in front of my brought what looked like Remender's entire run on Uncanny X-Force and he signed every one of them, no questions asked.

Chris Burnham signed Batman Incorporated #1 and #8. I was hoping to get a small Damian sketch on the cover of #8 but didn't want to shell out the $$$. Pretty cheap of me, I guess. He had a lot of BEAUTIFUL original art from Batman Inc. for sale but everything was way out of any price range I might have had had I been in the market. Still, just seeing them was cool.

Signed print by Andy Kubert of the Batman #666 cover. Not a huge deal since he wasn't there or anything, but I really love that cover so I wanted to get it.

I could not believe I was able to get this - Doug Mahnke's original artwork for Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #5, page 5. I had not planned or budgeted to buy any original art but I just kind of happened on this and there's no way I could pass it up - a page from my favorite book in one of my favorite ever stories. There were about 5 or 6 Frankenstein pages available and I wanted every single one of them, and for the price I should have, but I was outside of my budget just getting this one. A complete steal at $100.

I dont' have a picture of it, but I also got Skottie Young to sign the Wizard of Oz hardcover. He was busy with a sketch and didn't say anything to me but it was cool of him to sign.

I also completely humiliated myself in front of Olivier Coipel and I wanted to dig a hole and die in it. I'm still so embarrassed about it. I'll save that story for a day when I'm not as embarrassed about it.

I waited in line for Alex Ross but it was a ridiculous line and I didn't even get close to the cut-off point. Lugged that big huge Absolute Kingdom Come edition down there for nothing. Boo.

As for purchases, the only thing I was really after was the issues of Mind Mgmt. I have the hardcover but have decided to get the issues and needed everything going back to #1. They were almost impossible to find; I picked up #1-7 and #10.

Nothing will ever beat my Ellis/Grandov signed Iron Man Extremis HC.

Uh, I have signed original art from Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein. That trumps pretty much any autograph.

I win.

Latest posts

Back