My masterpiece

marvelman

Well folks, I am working on my greatest piece yet: a social commentary on God vs. Science.

The scene is the Creation of Adam from the sistine chapel ceiling, and what I am doing is setting Adam as a scientist turning his head from God and reading a documnet on DNA.

I just finished God, and Adam is going to be a photo reference off of me.

I am doing this for my Catholic school's literary magazine, so I hope to stir up some controversy with the conservative types; but in reality, there is no controversy to be had, I am just adressing the fact that science can conflict with faith in art form.

God.jpg

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Woah, that's really cool. Good job.

marvelman

just finished part 2. itll be up pretty soon; then i will put up an edited together piece.

EDIT:

Here's part 2:

godpt2.jpg

Last edited:

naughtyninja

wow, it's "awesome", haha. while the concept isn't anything new (science can conflict with faith), i really did like how you pulled it off. great concept! can't wait to see the finished product.

marvelman

hahahaha!

and thanks, people

i'm having trouble merging the images. could anyone perhaps photoshop it together??

WolviesWife

THis is really pretty Marvelman, you know I always loved your stuff from when you used to draw my covers :)

A tip you might want to try using Imageshack.us or Supload.com to thumbnail your work.

cheers,
gina

Entropy

What if you made it look like God was on a TV and Adam had a remote control in his hand? I don't know why, but the image just seems to suggest that too me.

marvelman

Thats a good idea. I may try that sometime...

I was going for a science vs. faith thing here though. Just a symbolic piece.

Latest posts