My perspective (Not that anyone asked)

Doom's gonna have to stab you now.

Everything Zimmerman writes sucks. I should kill myself for knowing that because it just means I've read everything he's written.

Ultimate Adeventures is pure crap, just worst. Oh great, another Batman parody. Whatever. And it was nowhere near as funny as it thought it was.

Last edited:
Everything Zimmerman writes sucks. I should kill myself for knowing that because it just means I've read everything he's written.

Ultimate Adeventures is pure crap, just worst. Oh great, another Batman parody. Whatever. And it was nowhere near as funny as it thought it was.

I may use Doom's knife when he is over with you. :evil:

Y'all have given me such a warm welcome that I feel right at home. And since I love to hear myself talk (or read my own words in print, as the case may be), I'll drone endlessly on about me because I think I'm so great. Blah blah blah.

I hate the Ultimate line. Therefore, you are wrong in your claim that you like it.

FACT.

And GEEZ! Lookit at him! Being all egocentric going "Lookit me! I'm new, I'm hip. Listen to MY opinions!"

I can't stay mad at you. I love Casablanca too.

Will you be my Ilsa? :heart:

It seems like everyone here gets to have a thread about themselves except me. Even the guys who just joined.

Because we don't care about another Deadpool-related poster.

Geez. We all know I'm keeping Deadpool real. :D

My samurai thread would kill everyone. No one would come because they would all be dead. that and it would be that awesome that you would die from just seeing the simplest word.

Most Master Shake like post, ever.

Ooooo....good one.
Answer carefully good sir.

See, with the Barracuda lookin' atchu, I'm just scared.

I too enjoyed Ultimate Adventures. But see, although its plainly obvious that Zimmerman is a self-conscious little shill (the kind of shill that is infatuated with his own cleverness) wrote it as a comedy, I thought Ultimate Adventures was enjoyable on its own terms.

When taken at face value, rather than as a meta-comedy, it becomes a pretty decent story that has less to do with cheap laughs (and there're very few laughs as comedic delivery on the written page does not seem to be one of Zimmerman's strengths) and more a plain superhero story that REVELS in its absurdity and contrivance.

Ultimate Adventures was GREAT.

Duncan Fegredo is GREAT too. He puts more writing into his art than people give him credit for. Just go read Face, a Vertigo one-shot he did with Peter Milligan, and I dare you to say I'm wrong.

Welcome SPS (Can I call you SPS? I will even if you say no, so answer carefully ;), j/k.).

The Ultimate line basically got me back into comics as well, though to be honest I wasn't really big in to comics when I was younger (though my dad had a big collection of old X-Men and Iron Man issues, and some of the westerns as well. Only read a couple, though). I basically had all my knowledge from the early 90s cartoons.

Anyhow, it was in college where I learned about the Ultimate line and picked up some USM trades and got hooked. I behind most others here because I exclusively read the trades (which has annoyed to no end with the Ultimates 2 delays...), and I've enjoyed pretty much all I've read.

It seems like everyone here gets to have a thread about themselves except me. Even the guys who just joined.

Welcome, though. Interesting story.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I'm just too cool to make a thread about myself. You should use that excuse.

Latest posts

Back