My theory on who Carnage is and how it happens.

(Unregistered User)

Spoilers from issue 60...

Alright we know that from reading issue 60 of USM that after getting sliced up by Gladiator Dr. Curt patches up Spidey then start's examining his blood. After the Venom incident Shield would be the biggest retard commune in existence to not hack in to the security cameras of that lab and keep a close eye on stuff.

So as soon as he mixes Peter's blood with YET ANOTHER hidden jar of Eddie's project Venom gunk, and also his variation of the super soldier serum that turned him in the Lizard a small group of Ultimates comes to both stop then detain him. Iron Man being one of them thinks it's safest for him since he's got the armor on, but he couldn't be more wrong.

Since his Iron run's on some freaky unknown biotechnology, after the Curt's jar of his latest freaky concoction is thrown on him there's almost and immediate reaction and the symbiote takes over the armor. This then would make Ultimate Maximum Carnage with Spider-Man and the Ultimates fighting to take down Ironage.

Miken_Ayers said:
Spoilers from issue 60...

Alright we know that from reading issue 60 of USM that after getting sliced up by Gladiator Dr. Curt patches up Spidey then start's examining his blood. After the Venom incident Shield would be the biggest retard commune in existence to not hack in to the security cameras of that lab and keep a close eye on stuff.

So as soon as he mixes Peter's blood with YET ANOTHER hidden jar of Eddie's project Venom gunk, and also his variation of the super soldier serum that turned him in the Lizard a small group of Ultimates comes to both stop then detain him. Iron Man being one of them thinks it's safest for him since he's got the armor on, but he couldn't be more wrong.

Since his Iron run's on some freaky unknown biotechnology, after the Curt's jar of his latest freaky concoction is thrown on him there's almost and immediate reaction and the symbiote takes over the armor. This then would make Ultimate Maximum Carnage with Spider-Man and the Ultimates fighting to take down Ironage.

Niiiiiiiiice!

UPDATE: Alright, since when I read issue 60 on Mile High I couldn't read the note to Connors. Now that I can see it it's from Stark International saying unless he put's on a presentation of his wacky research his grant get's cut off.

Now I believe Stark/Iron Man becomes Carnage due to a mishap at the presentation.

Miken I have to be honest with you I thought you were just screwing around and being funny when you first came up with this but geez it makes sense. If you are right Bendis should, like, have to give you a cookie or something.

Seriously though, even if it doesn't happen it's a very cool and well thought out theory (I especially like the bit about explaining that this cures Stark's brain tumor).

(BTW for anyone who didn't figure it out that's Miken in the post above mine, he just wasn't signed in.)

That's a great theory! Really indepth, and it even clears up a few plots points. I like it, tho I kinda doubt that's who it's gonna be....

I think it's going to be Gwen, if you read the letters pages there's more than a few hints about it.

Allow me to quote Bendis from the UFF letters page. 'But i will push through and answer all of you really bizzare mail, as long as it is not aboiut Gwen Stacy in USM becoming Carnage-oop! I did it again!!'

He's said a few things like that...

Yeah, Bendis has taken the liberty to tease us into believing that Gwen will be Carnage, though, I don't think he would give away that kind of secret to a crummy ol' letter page. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve with Gwen, yes, but I don't think she'll have an alter ego any time soon... That is IF she survives this arc, which I don't think she will.

Also, about Carnage and Stark... Did I or did I not see a mention that there may be an Ultimate War Machine in the coming arc? If you'll remember in the animated television series both War Machine and Iron Man played a role with the whole Carnage problem. I'd personally like to see more development with War Machine but not necessarily in this arc. Since we've got the Lizard, Ben Reilly, Punisher, and, of course, Carnage, I think it would be a little much to have the Ultimates or Ultimate War Machine involved.

One of the things Miken mentioned elsewhere was that the glowing in Carnage's chest bore an uncanny resemblance to Iron Man's, but I think after reading USM #61 it looks like the creature's heart (or something similar).

Hmm... Sounds interesting but I don't think that Carnage is at all metal. How could there be any correlation between the two? I agree that the Iron Man/Carnage connection would be interesting as hell, but it is too early to bring in other super heroes to bring in to help Spider-Man.

Goodwill said:
Hmm... Sounds interesting but I don't think that Carnage is at all metal. How could there be any correlation between the two? I agree that the Iron Man/Carnage connection would be interesting as hell, but it is too early to bring in other super heroes to bring in to help Spider-Man.

Too early?! Read Amazing Spider-Man number one, because the Fantastic Four guesting in that buried the series, and Bendis put his career on the line making a Spider-Man book after 40 years. And where did I say the symbiote on the outside is metal?

I never did but I am saying that since Iron Man's chest is glowing on his armor doesn't have a connection to something organic. You know what I'm saying?

He's not saying Iron Man's glow is something organic, just that if Carnage takes over Iron Man that Carnage's glow would be because of Iron Man's. Ya dig? :)

Well the covers are never indicitive of what's in the book or chronologically correct. Venom appeared on USM covers several issues before he appeared in the book.

Yeah, you're right... As is Carnage. Well, sort of. But since they want varieties of covers they have to do that. We'll see. I just hope that Stark stays out of it.

Latest posts

Back