My UFF Fan Art

ourchair

Just to get in the mood for three whole projects/articles I'm working on related to the Fantastic Four, I've been drawing some fan art in between classes. :D compound scanned a couple in for me, and here they are for everyone's amusement (or for everyone to laugh at):

reed.gif

thing.gif

Gotta fix those eyes for Ben, though.

Whacha'all think?

WHERE'S JOHNNY??? I WANT JOHNNY! These are really good man, I cant wait to see the you other ones.

René said:
WHERE'S JOHNNY??? I WANT JOHNNY! These are really good man, I cant wait to see the you other ones.
Thanks!!

The flames are a royal pain, but I'll keep trying.

ourchair said:
Thanks!!

The flames are a royal pain, but I'll keep trying.

That's what I do too in Class, I draw the FF, the flames are a pain in the buttocks to draw, but it's still fun.

René said:
That's what I do too in Class, I draw the FF, the flames are a pain in the buttocks to draw, but it's still fun.
Yeah, those FF guys may be visual pizazz, but doesn't mean they come easy. My hands shake a bit after I painstakingly draw all the rocky textures on Ben. :D

Give Reed the lightning bolt scar, and it could be Harry Potter after a spell gone wrong.

I keed, I keed!

Seriously, nice work. Better than anything I can churn out.

jtg3885 said:
Give Reed the lightning bolt scar, and it could be Harry Potter after a spell gone wrong.
:lol: Haha, are you saying that without the scar, he looks like Tim Hunter?

I always seem to fail when I draw the UFF. I've been working on a new drawing, and though Reed looks pretty good, I'm having trouble with Sue and Johnny. They really are a ***** to draw.

05-ultimateben.gif
05-ultimatejohnny.gif
05-ultimatereed.gif

These were done a couple weeks after the first fan art I posted on this thread. I rather like how they turned out, especially Ben. Now if only I could master cleanliness and shadowing. What do you guys think?

ourchair said:
05-ultimateben.gif
05-ultimatejohnny.gif
05-ultimatereed.gif

These were done a couple weeks after the first fan art I posted on this thread. I rather like how they turned out, especially Ben. Now if only I could master cleanliness and shadowing. What do you guys think?

Yeah, you really mastered Ben's face. :D

Nice art Ourchair. I really like Ben's face.

05-uff-reed-colored.gif

Yup, this is a deliberately transparent apeing of Kubert's work at the end of Ultimate Fantastic Four # 13. This piece is basically an exercise in rendering black and white, and compositing flat color shades into the image.

I'm trying to see if I can master the use of Photoshop for pure digital drawing and cartooning, and as such, have endeavored to be entirely self-taught because there's no one I can see regularly to help me with that.

ourchair said:
05-uff-reed-colored.gif

Yup, this is a deliberately transparent apeing of Kubert's work at the end of Ultimate Fantastic Four # 13. This piece is basically an exercise in rendering black and white, and compositing flat color shades into the image.

I'm trying to see if I can master the use of Photoshop for pure digital drawing and cartooning, and as such, have endeavored to be entirely self-taught because there's no one I can see regularly to help me with that.
You must ge better, so we may co-create the next revolution in graphic storytelling! First Moore, then Ellis/Ennis/Morrison/Millar, now Baxter/Ourchair! BWAHAHAHAHA!

ultimatedjf said:
Wow. I like that one better than the last Reed you did. :D :D :D
Thanks, but to be fair, this one looks better because A) It rips off Adam Kubert's work, B) It wasn't done on paper that ended up having tons of pencil stains and stuff that are impossible to clean out by computer and C) An entire hour of repeated use of the undo button helps things look neat.

Here's a new one of Thing, once again ripped from Kubert's work. But lest you guys tire of this nonsense, I have some all original work coming soon. I'm so excited, and I hope you guys are too! :D

05-uff-ben-colored.gif

After finally figuring out how to comfortably do color in my last two pieces, I have decided to stop ripping off Adam Kubert and work on my own pieces. So I took the scanned original piece of Ben:

05-ultimateben.gif

And managed to use Photoshop to ink it and color it, producing the following:

05-originalben-color.gif

So... How'd I do? :D

Latest posts

Back