Nacho Libre

MaxwellSmart said:
This thread is going to divide us more than the Mission Impossible III thread did.

WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?

nachosucko6xz.png

Just saw this tonight, I thought it was funny, but I imagine if I saw it again I wouldn't like it as much.
To me it seemed that Jack was too restrained, and wasn't allowed to cut loose, but this is a Nickelodeon movie so thats understandable.

Victor Von Doom said:
Jack Black in tights, with a fake mexican accent, doing mock luchadore-style wrestling.........that should be comedic gold.

Well it ****ing SUCKED!!!!! HARD!!!!!!

That's what I thought the second I saw the trailer. I planned on seeing it only if heard a lot of people liked it.

How about the fists of kiss my ***!!! But, I liked the movie. The fact that Nick had a hand in it was my next point. They watered it down, it seemed. From my experience in Mexico, it seems like they actually shot it there. ANd if you play along with the whole cheesy spanish soap opera stuff they usually do in Mexico, then it was perfect. I don't think the skinny guy, was it steven?, had enough lines. He was funny b/c he freaked out about the smallest things.

Not reading through this thread...

Just want to pop in and leave my **** in the can for you guys.
Napolean Dynamite was a great movie for what it was but damn was it dumb. It only works because it's one of a kind. When I saw the trailers for this I could only think to myself that it was complete overkill. Jack Black does not need to play the insanely moronic character to get laughs. This movie just loooks like it's going to suck the bone marrow from anyone who hasn't evolved yet to intelligent comedies with witty sarcasm (cites Wedding Crashers) and still holds on for dear life to the comedies of the 90's (cites Adam Sandler). It just looks dumb dumb dumb. I'm not wasting any money on this film and plan to only watch it if I don't have anything to concentrate on at least 24 hours after it, because I'm gonna drop a few notches on the I.Q. scale if I brave it.

To be fair, it's reasonable for people to not like it since it's not really meant to be the target audience of adults. It's a movie from Nickelodeon. It's meant for kids. So it's not surprising at all that most people are going to hate it if they're not 12 years old.

Nacho crashed and burned in its second weekend with about only $12 million at the U.S. box office, which is about a 57% decrease from its 28 million dollar opening.

I might not bring in a huge wad of cash, but that had to be one of the cheapest movies to make.

Well, I liked it and I would recommend it. As for Doom, Puerto Ricans are filthy, cheap sons of guns! JK, but they are cheap. :D

I loved the movie, it was so funny that i bought the dvd...i'm the only one who likes it ! :(

Watched this the other night. Doom I think you were been to kind with the 1/5. I rented it for my younger cousin (10) , My brother (27) Me (21) my mom (40) and my other cousin (16)

no one laughed once. In fact the 10 year old walked out about three quarters in to. Ironic thing is we all have different tastes most times when it comes to movies but everyone agreed this just sucked in fact it sucked so much I say this thread be merged with the worst movies of all time thread!!!

when will I learn never buy never rent a Jack Black movie. Cd's yes they are cool like the song tribute but every film he's in he proves people like bad acting and it sickens me.

I would give 0.1 out of 10 only because some of the music in it did not suck

I rented it as my youngest cousin wanted to watch it and i figured why not it might be good. I never learn

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back