NBC's Four Kings

Four Kings (Discussion/spoilers)

So yeah. One of NBC's great new shows. I hate that there isn't any new episodes lately. I hope this doesn't go out like one of their shows last year (which one of the actors from this show was on).

But anyways, one of my favorie episodes was the "Orange Chicken" one. :lol:

One guy keeps serving orange chicken when you went, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...." but the other got pissed off waiting for you to say something. He reminded me of the angr soup chef from Seinfield.

*Sigh*

I miss this show.

I'm pretty sure this has already been canceled.

I do like Seth Green though. He's the last redeeming feature of the Austin Powers movies.

Baxter said:
I'm pretty sure this has already been canceled.

I don't know....NBC still has it on their official roster.

They've had like 6-10 episodes I think. So they might be doing this "break" to cover while filming some more episodes to fill out the season.

That's normally how most pilot shows do until they have a full season contract. They have a small batch to start out with (normally never enough to fill out a season)...then if the rating are high enough, the network orders more episodes to at least stretch out to the end of the season. Depending on rating...network execs will also request how the season finale be written. An open cliffhanger (if they know they wanna renew for another season) or kinda close-ended (leaves the option to continue if wanted).

Case in point...that's what they're doing for NBC's "Teachers" as well. Also a funny show. But that's for another thread....

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't know....NBC still has it on their official roster.

They've had like 6-10 episodes I think. So they might be doing this "break" to cover while filming some more episodes to fill out the season.

That's normally how most pilot shows do until they have a full season contract. They have a small batch to start out with (normally never enough to fill out a season)...then if the rating are high enough, the network orders more episodes to at least stretch out to the end of the season. Depending on rating...network execs will also request how the season finale be written. An open cliffhanger (if they know they wanna renew for another season) or kinda close-ended (leaves the option to continue if wanted).

Case in point...that's what they're doing for NBC's "Teachers" as well. Also a funny show. But that's for another thread....
I just ment that Iw as pretty sure that I'd read it was one of the cancled shows of the last batch of new NBC series. I'm not positive on it though. I hope its not if you guys like it that much.

EDIT: Well, according to IMDB its cancled.

Last edited:
Guys..... It's cancelled.

Yet, Seth Green is still one of the busiest men in entertainment (yeesh, sounds oxymoronic): Robot Chicken (1 episode = many months work), Family Guy, The Freshmen.

Well, him and Hank Azaria: (Huff, Spamalot, Every other Simpsons character, various film cameos/and or supporting roles.)

Ice said:
Um...yes. Baxter just posted that. Thanks for repeating though.

I know. I repeated it because up until 30 seconds ago, I thought this was the same "Three Kings" thread where I had confirmed it was cancelled about a week or so back, and you guys were neglecting my post. :D I hadn't realized VVD had started a new one.

(I think there's two...) :?

WOW. Teachers. That show sounded genuinely interesting, but I thought it was cancelled.

If a show isn't sustaining enough buzz and ISN'T ten episodes yet, the local pirates don't usually collect them into DVD, so I haven't seen it and was under the impression I never would unless I torrent it.

Latest posts

Back