Avengers New Avengers: Illuminati mini coming in December

Even he knows it was good, he just can't stand that it was Bendis who wrote it.

I like Bendis for the most part, and I've said that New Avengers is one of my favorite Marvel books - it's my favorite superheroey superhero book.

For all the crap he gets, Bendis has wrote some of my favorite comics lately and all time. His Daredevil was classic, Alias was fantastic. Ultimate Spider-Man at it's best is very good. I actually like Bendis. But he's put out more than his share of stinkers, including the Illuminati special.

I like Bendis for the most part, and I've said that New Avengers is one of my favorite Marvel books - it's my favorite superheroey superhero book.

For all the crap he gets, Bendis has wrote some of my favorite comics lately and all time. His Daredevil was classic, Alias was fantastic. Ultimate Spider-Man at it's best is very good. I actually like Bendis. But he's put out more than his share of stinkers, including the Illuminati special.

I swear to God, I've read Bendis run on Daredevil when he gets unmasked, but I didn't like it, I tried liking it, but i couldn't, then Brubaker came. Now Daredevil is one of my favs.
Note: I hated Daredevil before.
The only good thing I can see him writting is Luke Cage and USM. And Alias!!!
I hate powers. Just totally hate it. I wish I had the issue with the monkey sex so I could burn it.

Granted it's not classic Bendis, but it was still pretty damn good. I wouldn't say best by far, but it was just so damn original I loved every panel of it. Love it or hate it, it was original.

Granted it's not classic Bendis, but it was still pretty damn good. I wouldn't say best by far, but it was just so damn original I loved every panel of it. Love it or hate it, it was original.

I can't give points for originality.

Bendis' Hellspawn and Sam & Twitch is his best work outside of Daredevil.

I didn't like Alias that much. The Purple arc was the only real interesting one.

Powers was the worst thing ever written by the man.

But this is offtopic.

I tried man, I think it was the dialogue or something like that, but I couldn't read it and enjoy. But Brubaker kicks serious ***.

Yeah, the dialogue in Daredevil was horrible. The stories were good, the art was great, but the dialogue was horrible.

But yes, Brubaker does kick serious ***.

I'll read this, but I don't really care. I like the idea of The Illuminati, just not the idea of Bendis inserting them throughout Marvel history.

Yeah, the dialogue in Daredevil was horrible. The stories were good, the art was great, but the dialogue was horrible.

But yes, Brubaker does kick serious ***.

I'll read this, but I don't really care. I like the idea of The Illuminati, just not the idea of Bendis inserting them throughout Marvel history.

DC did the same thing with the mind wipes, and IMO it worked really great. Let's just wait and see. Bendis did an excellent job portraiting Namor in the previous Illuminati

I remember Bendis talking about this at some point and he said that it wouldn't retcon anything and he wanted to do his research and be extra careful not to mess with past story lines. Who here believes that, raise your hands!

*becomes slightly hopeful and raises hand*

As long as he gets his continuity straight and keeps his Illuminati goodness up I believe this could be a very successful mini.:D

Latest posts

Back