Avengers New Avengers: Most Wanted Files

The Overlord

DIrishB said:
I don't even know what it is...a new mini? A handbook type thing/character dossier?
Its a handbook that has bios of B list villains that recently escaped the Raft in the first New Avengers arc.

icemastertron said:
Well, what did YOU think of it?
I liked it, good to see some B list villains get the spotlight, though some of them were too silly, even for me.

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
The Overlord said:
Its a handbook that has bios of B list villains that recently escaped the Raft in the first New Avengers arc.
Cool...did it have Big Wheel in it? What about Stilt-Man?

The Overlord

DIrishB said:
Cool...did it have Big Wheel in it? What about Stilt-Man?
I said B list, not D list. B list villains are are interesting and dangerous in their own way, but have rarely been written properly or simplely have not given any respect, until recently in some cases (ex: Purple Man, Sauron). The villains you mentioned are D list,total jokes, they are just bad concepts and it would take a miracle to make them interesting. Though even with my knowledge of Marvel lore, even I have never of some of these villains. Also some of the villains profiled may be C list (not totally hopeless, but still long shots).

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
The Overlord said:
I said B list, not D list. B list villains are are interesting and dangerous in their own way, but have rarely been written properly or simplely have not given any respect, until recently in some cases (ex: Purple Man, Sauron). The villains you mentioned are D list,total jokes, they are just bad concepts and it would take a miracle to make them interesting. Though even with my knowledge of Marvel lore, even I have never of some of these villains. Also some of the villains profiled may be C list (not totally hopeless, but still long shots).
True...but one can't argue that even D-list villains like that are also interesting in their own way...mainly because, as you said, they're total jokes.

MaxwellSmart

I bought it obstensively because I New Avengers. But, really I bought it because I have an illness where I have to have a completeness in a series I buy. Now that I've made my peace with that I can tell you what I thought. I liked it for the sheer fact that many of these character would have otherwise never have been featured in a handbook.

E

Excelsior Club
I liked it. Kind of hard to comment on a handbook because it's not like you can say anything about a plot or storyline, but I liked the idea of profiling the escaped villains who we didn't really get too much of in the series.

vintsukka

The villains features: Answer, Armadillo, Barbarus, Blackout, Blood Brothers, Brothers Grimm, Bushwacker, Carnage, Centurius, Chemistro, Constrictor, Controller, Corruptor, Count Nefaria, Crossbones, Crossfire, Crusader, Cutthroat, Deathwatch, Dr. Demonicus, Foolkiller, Graviton, Grey Gargoyle, Griffin, Hydro-Man, Jigsaw, King Cobra, Mandrill, Mentallo, Mr. Fear, Mr. Hyde, Molecule Man, Nitro, Purple Man, Rampage, Razor-Fist, Sauron, Scarecrow, Shockwave, Silver Samurai, Slug, Tiger Shark, Typhoid Mary, U-Foes, Vermin, Wrecking Crew and Zzzax.

The only ones I knew were the guys who showed up in NA and Spider-Man - Breakout, but I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of these guys in the near future. Which is nice. (I just watched me a marathon of The Fast Show)

Nurhachi

The best thing about this handbook is that they FINALLY revealed who the second Jack O Lantern was.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
icemastertron said:
Is the Brothers Grimm somehow the same as the movie ones?
If you mean that one of them is Matt Damon, then yes you are correct.

Latari'sFighter

To get back on the subject...I think all those little info comics are a waste of money, personally...well, it depends, though...haven't heard much on this one...but I like a comic with a story usually...

Doc Comic

Why was Molecule Man locked up? Last time he appeared anywhere, he was reformed and living a civilian life.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Doc Comic said:
Why was Molecule Man locked up? Last time he appeared anywhere, he was reformed and living a civilian life.
Because of Bendis.

E

Excelsior Club
Doc Comic said:
Wha--?? I didn't read the whole thing and didn't see him in it. I thought he was reformed and normal too...

The guy can control all molecules. ALL molecules, even organic ones. You can't lock a guy like that up.

Latest posts