Avengers New Avengers vs Mighty Avengers (not another poll)

Issued

New Avengers aren't even allowed to buy milk from the supermarket.
Mighty Avengers can throw, gigantic moleman creatures to skyscrapers.

New Avengers live in Dr. Strange's mansion, which is magically pretending to be a soon-to-become another Starbucks
Mighty Avengers are living at the Stark Tower.

New Avengers travel by Dr Strange's mystical powers.
Mighty Avengers has a new helicarrier, which seems to be the worst design Tony Stark ever made.

New Avengers doesn't have a proper income, as long as they aren't funded by Rand Corp. or Ronin is Bill Gates.
Mighty Avengers are funded by Stark Enterprises and the government, and they still sell helicarriers on e-bay.

New Avengers have always fun characters on the roster.Spider-Man never talks without making jokes, Luke Cage gets good jokes when he is in the mood, Wolverine doesn't talk that much but he has a sense of humor, even Iron Fist has some potential.
Mighty Avengers only have Wonder Man as the funny dude.

New Avengers have spider-woman who is trained as an agent by both SHIELD and Hydra.
Mighty Avengers only have Black Widow as an agent, but she shoots more than she talks unluckily.

New Avengers only have Spider-Woman as flyer, if Dr Strange isn't counting.
A Mighty Avenger has to fly if only he/she isn't a god!
(or a hot redhead Tony Stark fancies)

Mighty Avengers are led by Ms Marvel, if not by Tony Stark himself.
New Avengers doesn't have a picked leader since Cap is gone, but Luke Cage seems to carry the flag, and noone seems to be complaining.

New Avengers has a "kinder surprise" named Ronin, who has potential to be anyone in the Marvel Universe, or even Stan Lee
Mighty Avengers doesn't have a great mystery

Mighty Avengers are low enough to pretend like Cap is still alive, and make **** games after a dead friend
New Avengers are so loyal that, they don't think too much when they have a chance to save their loved ones!
(thanks to TwilightEL)

:::to be continued:::
Thanks to the mods for changing that "ve" to "vs" it was so irritating, and I couldn't do anything about it.

Last edited:
Re: New Avengers ve Mighty Avengers (not another poll)

Let's not forget that the Mighty Ones pretended Captain America was still alive in order to trick the Newbies into a trap.

Also, the Mighties could curbstomp all of the Newbies if Strange weren't there.

Let's not forget that the Mighty Ones pretended Captain America was still alive in order to trick the Newbies into a trap.

Also, the Mighties could curbstomp all of the Newbies if Strange weren't there.

I'll have you know that Iron Fist is a total badass. Curbstomping him would be quite a feat.

Mighty Avengers would probably win the powerplay.They sure would have some hard time.But they would finally win, they have "The Sentry" joker card.

I'll have you know that Iron Fist is a total badass. Curbstomping him would be quite a feat.

If only they had a man with the power of a million exploding suns! Or a cold-blooded murderer who could repulsor ray him in the face from fifty yards! Or an entire army of mass-produced superbeings! Or a fully equipped helicarrier!

I get that the point of Mighty Avengers is that they don't want to call in the government because they'll kill the Newbies, but the Newbies don't even have a long range fighter! I guess they're counting on the Spider-Twins to go high places and sneak into places if Strange is ever on a coffee break or, you know, SAVING THE UNIVERSE FROM MYSTICAL DEMONS THAT COULD DESTROY THE WORLD BY SNEEZING.

Actually, I want to take something back. Tony's not a cold-blooded murderer. He's a whiny murderer. "I didn't want to, but I had to because nobody else would do it and I needed to start a war with Atlantis! I didn't want to beat up my friends, but I'm a futurist and I could see it was necessary! Baby, why you gotta make me hit you?"

I'm sorry for derailing your thread, Issued. You make a lot of good points.

Sooner or Later it would come down to this, don't feel guilty Twilight.

Talking about curbstomping??
In my opinion, the New Avengers are not easy targets.

Iron Fist is a myth.I believe he can beat %99 of the marvel universe in hand-to-hand combat (don't know if he can challenge the power of a few thousand suns or a god of war but that's totally a different topic ;))

Luke Cage is the very first person to give Elektra a kick between the legs (who's one of the most agile fighters in Marvel Universe) so I can tell he ain't going down without a fight.Never forget he is strong enough to survive a full-blown hit by Iron Man and a few more hits from stadium walls.

Wolverine is trained to be a weapon-of-destruction, never underestimate him, he is probably the only New Avenger to break Tony's armor.

Don't wanna sound like a fan boy, but the last time I checked it Spider-Man has the ability to take down Bishop, the green headed doctor, Radioactive Man, Blizzard(don't know if called that way) and Reed Richards in less than a few seconds (check CW#7).

Spider-Woman has better training than every single superhero in Marvel Universe but dunno if she is a great fighter.

Ronin's skills depend on who is under that suit.

I didn't even count Stephen Strange!
Imagine a man who has the skills needed to turn the man who has the power of a few thousand suns into a simple frog :)

Don't underestimate the new guys, many of them ain't that new anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imagine a man who has the skills needed to turn the man who has the power of a few thousand suns into a simple frog :)
Most. Powerful. Frog. Ever.

imagine Thorfrog vs. Sentryfrog :lol: that would be quite a spectacle

P.S. Sentry may have all that power, but he doesn't use it at all, honestly in a realy fight he's not much better than The Captain

I have no idea where to put this. It started out with a divorce analogy, but then came in a roundabout way to NA vs. MA, so I'm gonna post it here.

I think in divorce, you can have a big ugly tragedy (infidelity, the loss of a child or other loved one) that breaks the marriage, or you can have people just grow apart over the years until their partnership is no longer an asset.

The Avengers had a big ugly tragedy and it dissassembled them. I think it could've been a good story if they'd just fallen apart. Team members retired, a few died, they started families, they found new groups or interests, they moved, their situation changed, and interest was lost. Maybe one big tragedy could be the death blow, or maybe the really dedicated guys (Cap, Iron Man) start having more and more solo adventures until one day people just wake up and realize that there aren't any more Avengers. Members from every different era meet with each other on separate occasions and talk about what made them Avengers, what the nature of the team was, if the fall of the team was inevitable or if it could be prevented, if a new team could work, and stuff like that.

Maybe that would work as a retrospective miniseries or as two paired one-shot issues in MA and NA now that Cap is gone. It could have different characters (past and present Avengers, members of their supporting cast, some villains) wondering whether the New Avengers or the Mighty Avengers are the "true" Avengers. The current administration would probably end it with a bunch of registration, "The Mighty Avengers are the true Avengers!" stuff, but I think it would work better if it was sort of left up in the air, though we saw the conclusions of many different characters.

The Avengers had a big ugly tragedy and it dissassembled them. I think it could've been a good story if they'd just fallen apart. Team members retired, a few died, they started families, they found new groups or interests, they moved, their situation changed, and interest was lost. Maybe one big tragedy could be the death blow, or maybe the really dedicated guys (Cap, Iron Man) start having more and more solo adventures until one day people just wake up and realize that there aren't any more Avengers. Members from every different era meet with each other on separate occasions and talk about what made them Avengers, what the nature of the team was, if the fall of the team was inevitable or if it could be prevented, if a new team could work, and stuff like that.

I can see where you're coming from, but you have to look at it from a marketing perspective - #500 is a huge anniversary, and I don't think something like Hank and Jan leaving to start a family would have packed the needed punch.

Man, I must be the only person in the world who liked Disassembled. I mean, *really* liked it.

I can see where you're coming from, but you have to look at it from a marketing perspective - #500 is a huge anniversary, and I don't think something like Hank and Jan leaving to start a family would have packed the needed punch.

Man, I must be the only person in the world who liked Disassembled. I mean, *really* liked it.

I liked Disassembled. I mean, it was ok. Kind of. I didn't hate it as much as everyone else. You know.

I never read Disassembled. I'm saying that idea could've been a good story, not that Disassembled wasn't one.

Having never read it I can say I liked it, or at least its initial idea

No, I've gone on record saying I really liked it, too. I'm getting that signed by Bendis!!

If I mailed you my hardcover would you get it signed for me?

I can't get past Disassembled's first issue because it's so bad. Bad writing (doesn't Tony Stark call the UN 'ratfinks'?), bad art (Finch's She-Hulk is one of the worst things I've ever seen), and the end is so crap it's not worth reading.

And Hulk should have totally killed them all, not Wanda.

Latest posts

Back