Avengers New Captain America Mini

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Bleeding Cool: Steve Roger: Super Soldier by Ed Brubaker and Dale Eaglesham

Odd. I would prefer it if Steve Rogers was Captain America again because otherwise his return seems pointless.

And Eaglesham? Who's going to be drawing FF?

diamond-retail-summit-reveals-new-books-20100415094425638.jpg

That awful costume!

I have no idea what Marvel is doing anymore. I just have to hope it's good.

Last edited:
Re: New Captain America Ongoing?

Yeah, the costume isn't bad.

Cool to see Steve is doing his own thing while James sticks as Captain America. But damn, 3 Brubaker books. Awesome!

The costume is very S.H.I.E.L.Desquey......

Not that it's a bad thing. But I guess when you compare it to his classic costume, Bucky Cap's costume and even the contemporary Ultimate Cap costume, his new costume just screams "pouchless 90s".

While I'm not thrilled with the Secret Avengers line-up, another Brubaker Cap series does sound very awesome. So long as he doesn't go back to this WWII-sins of the past thing again.

I'm there because it's Brubaker and Eaglesham, but I'm apprehensive.

And the costume isn't bad - it's horrible.

It would have made a lot more sense if Steve Rogers became the new director of SHIELD and Fury stayed out of the spotlight as the leader of the new warriors and one of SHIELD's covert agents. Although i guess that would be pretty similar to Fury's role in the Ultimate U.

Ech.... I don't know, I've never really understood the appeal of Captain America. Even Bru's CA hasn't done much for me. The Bucky-as-Cap story following Rogers' death was pretty alright until it dragged on too long, but I just don't follow what interests people about the character. I think McCheese said that Captain America works better dead, and I feel he's totally right about that.

That said, it would probably take Rogers assuming a role outside of a costume for me to be interested in him.

But yeah. That's an ugly ****ing costume. What might appeal to me about the miniseries is the nature of the Super Soldier Program and how it might tie into the Marvels Project, but the character himself is just as boring as white bread.

(Oh. And yeah. It's a mini-series, according to Newsarama at least. four issues)

Last edited:

I think the costume is okay. Not great but needs a little more to it.

Ech.... I don't know, I've never really understood the appeal of Captain America. Even Bru's CA hasn't done much for me. The Bucky-as-Cap story following Rogers' death was pretty alright until it dragged on too long, but I just don't follow what interests people about the character. I think McCheese said that Captain America works better dead, and I feel he's totally right about that.
I did and he does.

I changed my mind about the costume. I like it now.

Latest posts

Back