New Green Arrow Writer.

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
On News-A-Rama in a interview with Brad Mezlter (writer of Identity Crisis) revealed he will have a run on Green Arrow.

As for his future comics work – work that is coming…sometime, Meltzer said that he plans to stay in the same vein as Identity Crisis – and his Green Arrow run, for that matter. "Both Green Arrow and Identity Crisis were designed to be introspective -- one just has less characters. But that's what I like. Finding the core and then doing the internal character-work. In comics, novels, tv, and movies, that's what the craft is all about."

This is great news. I started picking up Green Arrow just cause of the way Green Arrow was written in Identity Crisis. This is gonna be awesome.

(This is my first time to learn that Meltzer will be taking over the series.)

Oh, poop! I was hoping it would go to Bryan Vaughn -- based on his work on Ex Machina, he is clearly skilled at penning city-based heroes, and he could take on the topical/social themes long associated with Green Arrow, and present them in an interesting, nuanced way, never preachy or didactic.

Plus, Vaughn's work on Ultimate X-Men shows that he can plot straighforward, self-contained plots not heavily dependent on past continuity, which is ideal for a character like Ollie, who doesn't have well-defined rogue's gallery.

Oh, and Vaughn writes excellent strong/dangerous female characters -- just read any Y The Last Man TPB -- so he'd come up with some interesting love interests (plural) for the Archer, I'm sure.

Truthfully, I've only very recently become more interested in the character, but knowing that Meltzer will be taking over him again kinda dampens my enthusiasm. :?

Guys, I'm pretty sure that's a refrence to the Green Arrow run he already did. It was right after Kevin Smith's run and was called Archer's quet. It was pretty good.

Infact here it is.

Last edited:
Baxter said:
Guys, I'm pretty sure that's a refrence to the Green Arrow run he already did. It was right after Kevin Smith's run and was called Archer's quet. It was pretty good.

Infact here it is.

Ohh that sucks. I guess this can be closed or changed into series discussion if anaybody else gets the series besides me.

thee great one said:
Ohh that sucks. I guess this can be closed or changed into series discussion if anaybody else gets the series besides me.
I picked up the Anarky issue since I like the character, but I'm not a regular reader. Maybe after OYL

Latest posts

Back