New Joe Friday's reveals variant for Ultimate X-Men #75

Goodwill said:
I don't think I would want to see him tied to Weapon X. Too many characters are already a product of the Weapon X program...

This is how I feel about having all of the X-men related through alternate timelines and futures and Cable being (yet another) son of Cyclops from the future.

Hibiki said:
Why? The whole UU revolves around superhuman initiative(creating the next Captain America). It would make sense to use weapon x since it pretty much falls along those lines.

First of all, I think that is an irrelevant comment. Weapon X was about putting mutants behind bars... Pretty much reinvigorating slavery as it were. Sure, there were modifications made to certain mutants, for instance Beast, but nothing to the effect of trying to recreate Capt. America.

Goodwill said:
First of all, I think that is an irrelevant comment. Weapon X was about putting mutants behind bars... Pretty much reinvigorating slavery as it were. Sure, there were modifications made to certain mutants, for instance Beast, but nothing to the effect of trying to recreate Capt. America.

Correct and if the tie in had to do with the "Super-Soldier" iniative, I'd be a little more comftorable with it. But just because it's an X-Story doesn't mean we need to tie it in with WeaponX... thus tying it into Wolverine...

Goodwill said:

First of all, Weapon X was about using mutants for government missions. Not imprisoning them.

Cable is perfect for weapon X. It would fit the character very well. It would also make sense that there could of been any number of mutants before Wolverine or the X-men got involved.

Just cause everyone hates the way Wolverine is overused in the marvel universe, no one wants any stories to involve him in UXM. They barly have done anything with him.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Correct and if the tie in had to do with the "Super-Soldier" iniative, I'd be a little more comftorable with it. But just because it's an X-Story doesn't mean we need to tie it in with WeaponX... thus tying it into Wolverine...

Whoa......Wolverine is UU's Summers/Grey. Everything revolves around him.

And that ain't a good thing.

I agree though. Not everything needs to tie into Weapon X. While it is true that no one really knows just how big the Weapon X program is or how long its been running.....there needs to be something else out there aside Weapon X, Magneto or Genosha for the X-Men to face.

Who came out of weapon x that had to do with him besides Sabertooth?

Millar's run used him a lot, but not more than other characters.

He wasn't even in most of the Weapon X storyline.

World Tour had almost nothing to do with him. Hellfire involved around Jean and the Phoenix. He was used just as much as everyone else in Ultimate War and Return Of The King where Colossus and Cyclops shined.

Bendis' first arc was the only arc so far that centered around him and no one else.

New Mutants didn't. It was more Angel, Beast, and Emma then anyone.

The Tempest wasn't.

Cry Wolf wasn't.

Shock and Awe did. But only to help devolp the relationship between him and Storm.

He's used just as much as any other character. The book as done a good job of showing off most of the characters equally.

Weapon X has a thing for more mutants work. Professor X said in the second arc that they are the opposite of what he does.

I don't think all new mutants should come from Weapon X. But it fits Cable perfectly.

And there has been like two mutants that has ties to Wolverine.

Victor Von Doom said:
Whoa......Wolverine is UU's Summers/Grey. Everything revolves around him.

And that ain't a good thing.

Like what?

The Phoenix aspect? Beast's Death? Rogue and Bobby? Professor's Agenda? Longshot and Magneto?

Victor Von Doom said:
I agree though. Not everything needs to tie into Weapon X. While it is true that no one really knows just how big the Weapon X program is or how long its been running.....there needs to be something else out there aside Weapon X, Magneto or Genosha for the X-Men to face.

They've had two ****in storylines with weapon x. That's it. Just cause Cable could be tied to it doesn't mean that he still will be.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back