New Marvel Shows

I don't even know what Dexter but I'm glad zombi said something before i did.

It's about a serial killer who works for the police as a forensics expert, using his experience as a serial killer to crack cases. But no one knows he's a serial killer. And he's a good guy anyway, because he only serial kills bad guys, because it's a compulsion, but he tries to focus it, like Batman! Yeah, the premise is pretty hokey, but the snatches of it I've seen have seemed to be pretty decent television.

That said, it's nothing like the Punisher. Not even a little bit. Hell, to call Frank Castle a serial killer is to completely misunderstand his psychology and operations. He's a psychopath, sure, but not a serial killer. He's no more a serial killer than a contract killer would be.

Anyway, I'd kill to see a show that follows the lives of various people caught in Castle's wake, each season focusing on Frank's new target and showing the spiral effect that has in the particular industry or community. Pepper it with occasional episodes from his point of view, flashbacks larger, that allow us to zero in on the psychology of his character. I'd use Ennis stories like Tygers and Born as the inspiration for these shots. But keep Ennis' international theme. You can (and should) keep it set in New York, which allows you to touch on all the dirty nuances of international crime and pepper the principal cast with various intelligence characters.

Last edited:
It's about a serial killer who works for the police as a forensics expert, using his experience as a serial killer to crack cases. But no one knows he's a serial killer. And he's a good guy anyway, because he only serial kills bad guys, because it's a compulsion, but he tries to focus it, like Batman! Yeah, the premise is pretty hokey, but the snatches of it I've seen have seemed to be pretty decent television.

That said, it's nothing like the Punisher. Not even a little bit. Hell, to call Frank Castle a serial killer is to completely misunderstand his psychology and operations. He's a psychopath, sure, but not a serial killer. He's no more a serial killer than a contract killer would be.

Anyway, I'd kill to see a show that follows the lives of various people caught in Castle's wake, each season focusing on Frank's new target and showing the spiral effect that has in the particular industry or community. Pepper it with occasional episodes from his point of view, flashbacks larger, that allow us to zero in on the psychology of his character. I'd use Ennis stories like Tygers and Born as the inspiration for these shots.

well i'm sure that's been done to death in punisher :roll:

I'm sure if HBO or showtime handled the show, it would be pretty awesome. The Wire was pretty good from the episodes I saw on BET.

I'm sure if HBO or showtime handled the show, it would be pretty awesome. The Wire was pretty good from the episodes I saw on BET.

Man, The Wire is AMAZING. I think it's the best show HBO has ever put out. They just focused on character first. It's dense, its hard to follow if you aren't up on it, but it's all around filled with brilliant, smaller profile character actors.

Last edited:

Anyway, I'd kill to see a show that follows the lives of various people caught in Castle's wake, each season focusing on Frank's new target and showing the spiral effect that has in the particular industry or community. Pepper it with occasional episodes from his point of view, flashbacks larger, that allow us to zero in on the psychology of his character. I'd use Ennis stories like Tygers and Born as the inspiration for these shots. But keep Ennis' international theme. You can (and should) keep it set in New York, which allows you to touch on all the dirty nuances of international crime and pepper the principal cast with various intelligence characters.

Doesn't change the fact that killer vigilantes have done a lot in popular media over the last few decades and Punisher's rep with the general public has been tainted with about 3 bad movies.

Doesn't change the fact that killer vigilantes have done a lot in popular media over the last few decades

It's been done a lot because it's a popular idea that audiences like to see. The fact that it's been done a lot is a testament to the staying power of the concept.

The Overlord said:
and Punisher's rep with the general public has been tainted with about 3 bad movies.

The "general public" doesn't really remember those movies existing.

How about Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane?From what i understand It's teen drama, You never see Peter changer so you can have two separate actors for both. No need to worry about movies as It'll be MJ as main character.

I think the title that lends itself to this best would be The Runaways, with the occasional cameo's from guys like the Young Avengers and The Loners, maaaaybe even Noh-Varr.

Latest posts

Back