• Ares

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Iron Fist

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bluebeast

I was reading in a new Wizard that because of Civil War a new character will join the Avengers. Wizard gave four choices and said one would defenitly be on the Avengers. The choices are:
Speedball

Ares

Iron Fist

Hyperion

I would pick Iron Fist. He seems the most likely out of the four.

Last edited:
Well, if they're talking about Supreme Power Hyperion, then it's definitely not him.

Ares has been rumoured to be joining a team...

Bendis likes Luke Cage, so why not pop in Iron Fist?

Speedball doesn't seem the type to be an Avenger.

My money is on Ares. With Thor dead/missing I'm betting Marvel will be looking to bring some kinda god-like character to the team.

As if the overpowered Carol Danvers isn't enough....

I think Ares too. Somebody over at MW had a good theory which connected similarities between Ares and Thor, and since Thor's return has been hinted at in FF...

I don't know anything about Marvel Ares. Can I have a little bio on him?

OK, thanks. He sounds like a good substitute for Thor. Not that I want Ares to just be a substitute.

Ares as a nuThor is an interesting idea. Certainly better than Iron Fist.

Not to diss Bendis, but I can't see him not using Iron Fist.

*goes to check up on the Ares mini in hopes that I'm wrong*

It seems like it's Ares after all the talks about him joining a Major team. I doubt it's the X-Men or the Fantastic Four.

Speedball...we have to see if he's even alive right now! :lol:

Ice said:
Speedball...we have to see if he's even alive right now! :lol:

*crosses fingers that he's dead*

I'm not familiar with Ares, but I'd totally go for it. I hear great things about the character... *thinks about reading the mini*, so if he needs somewhere to save him from limbo, put him on.

Of course, I voted for Iron Fist. No reason he shouldn't have been there to begin with considering Cage.... blah blah blah. You've heard it befor. Put him on the team Bendis is great with him and the Cage/Rand combo.

I chose Ares, because he supposed to join another team this year and New Avengers makes the most sense. I thought about Iron Fist, but I couldn't remember if the Heros for Hire mini would continue into a new series or not.

For those who are thinking of checking out the Ares mini.....you won't be disappointed.

I'd post some more in the thread I made about the mini...but nobody is reading it so it's basically me just "bumping" the thread.

My money is still on Ares....but after reading #4 and with only 1 issue left in the mini, I'm just wondering how they'll tie this into the Avengers? Or if they're even gonna say anything in the mini and just hold all explanations for the Avengers series?

Its definately Ares.

First it was rumoured that he would join one of the main teams. When asked which team, i remember JQ saying something like "can you imagine the interaction between Ares and Wolverine"

I can't say for sure yet because I have no idea who speedball is, but I think it's going to Iron Fist. He's got the connection with Luke Cage which is an easy in. As for Ares, I have no historical knowledge of the character, but I looked him up and I hate the idea of having another god like character on the New Avengers. Sentry is enough of boost to the team. If Ares joined it would be a situation where they would have to make excuses why Ares and Sentry couldn't just zap the enemy in an instant (Dido for Hyperion).

The old Avengers had Thor. The New Avengers have Sentry. Leave it at that.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
I can't say for sure yet because I have no idea who speedball is...
They orange and blue guy with the orange specs from Civil War #1 that was right there at the explosion, who also told Namorita to "spend 5 more minutes" getting make-up to clear up the zit she had.

That's Speedball.

I'd say Speedball might be the one to live, as his powers are the ones that would adapt to an explosion easier. I don't think he'll be joining though.

ProjectX2 said:
I'd say Speedball might be the one to live, as his powers are the ones that would adapt to an explosion easier. I don't think he'll be joining though.
Yeah, I highly doubt he'll join. He lacks too much experience for the type of fights and problems the Avengers are meant to really deal with.

I guess I thought Iron Fist was the logical choice because Bendis loves those Marvel Knights characters.

Latest posts

Back