New Spawn Collections

E

Excelsior Club
Anyone else pick these up? TOG maybe?

I bought vol. 1 and 2 at the same time a long time ago and just received vol. 2 today - it was delayed a loooooooong time and I had totally forgotten about it. I haven't read it yet as I've got a number of other things to get to, but I had most of these issues when they came out and sort of remember what happened in them.

Complaints - I don't get why Vol. 1 only collects 1-12 (without #9-10) but vol. 2 collects 13-33, and vol. 3 (scheduled for January) will also collect 20 issues.

Also, speaking of the missing issues, it sucks not having the Dave Sims and Neil Gaiman issues. I wouldn't expect having the Gaiman issue included given the legal issues between him and McFarlane over Miracle Man, but does McFarlane have a beef with Sims too?

My only other complaint is the presentation - sequential books should have the same look and layout - these don't. I like when they look the same stacked on the shelf. The spines are totally different and ugly.

Those are pretty minor complaints though. It is nice to have so many issues like this and as they were originally released -- not like the Essentials in B&W.

Anyone else pick these up? TOG maybe?

I bought vol. 1 and 2 at the same time a long time ago and just received vol. 2 today - it was delayed a loooooooong time and I had totally forgotten about it. I haven't read it yet as I've got a number of other things to get to, but I had most of these issues when they came out and sort of remember what happened in them.

Complaints - I don't get why Vol. 1 only collects 1-12 (without #9-10) but vol. 2 collects 13-33, and vol. 3 (scheduled for January) will also collect 20 issues.

Also, speaking of the missing issues, it sucks not having the Dave Sims and Neil Gaiman issues. I wouldn't expect having the Gaiman issue included given the legal issues between him and McFarlane over Miracle Man, but does McFarlane have a beef with Sims too?

My only other complaint is the presentation - sequential books should have the same look and layout - these don't. I like when they look the same stacked on the shelf. The spines are totally different and ugly.

Those are pretty minor complaints though. It is nice to have so many issues like this and as they were originally released -- not like the Essentials in B&W.
Its not just Miracleman with McFarlene and Gaiman. Gainman created a character in his two issues that they've fought over too. Probably easier to just not reprint the issues than to start it up again. I dunno about the Dave Sims bit.

its very cool what there doing with the current series....its here, its really here...the end of the world has started....

and if you think that vol. 1 and vol 2 are bad go and look at the covers for vol. 5-9.....on the regular series not so pretty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back